It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Dashcam Video Just Released Shows Cop Murder Zachary Hammond

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Oh, I am also guessing the undercover was the guy seen on site as well, coming from the truck. Wonder what his statement was? He seemed completely calm on the camera while the suspect was being shot....very odd...not even a flinch, just casually walking.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hknudzkknexnt

Yes

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: onthedownlow
I think it was unfortunate, the officer probably should not have fired his weapon. If it ends up being felony flight, with what was presumably a deadly weapon, the officer will be cleared. It all could have been avoided if the driver would have submitted to the commands of the officer.

Even at that LEOs don't have the right to be judge, jury and executioner.

No, but there is such thing as failure to act. Not saying this was the case, but it has created a presedence that will be in favor of the cop's actions.

edit on 27-10-2015 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

the system is lying to you, you have been brainwashed. There are no real justifications to this action plain and simple.

Every action as a reaction. Sides who wants sides

pick. a. side.

edit on 27-10-2015 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Looks like the officer tried to put himself in the way of the suspect. Suspect appeared to be trying to avoid him, not drive over him, and the officer kept trying to get in front of the car. It should be the same verdict as if a civilian did this because of road rage or something....officer guilty of murder. The officer upped the ante when he tried to stop a moving car with his body...the car was obviously not moving to run the officer down. Had the officer stayed in his initial spot when he walked up, the car would have driven right by him. Poor judgement on the officer, unfortunately he will likely get out of any punishment for it.

I agree; better yet had the officer just stayed in his vehicle and wag his finger at the suspect and sternal said "don't you drive away" than the suspect wouldn’t have had to try to drive of in such an erratic manner. He could have simply drove off unobstructed and in a safe manner so as not to put other people who might have been in the parking lot in any danger.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Totally different..if someone pulls a gun and says stop.. Option a..stop.. Option b..drive away..

A bit of common sense says stop if u drive away well ur an idiot and deserve what happens next.

Great! You are totally agreeing with me but we're just getting hung up on the word "deserve." You are saying common sense should have told the kid that most likely the officer was a trigger-happy madman and not to give him any excuse to murder him.

You say he deserved it for not using common sense, I say "not using common sense" isn't even a crime.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Then should have stopped when asked especially when tripper happy USA cops are asking u to...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Most likely, could have just gotten the tags and ran them and gone to the kids home. He could have also gone back to his car and chased after but that would most likely put more people at risk. Can't be sure on that since I don't know how many people where in the area when the police decided to discharge his weapon.

I think it should be pointed out that if the officer felt the driver was a danger he should have given instruction for the driver to exit his car from the safety of his car, while making sure no other bystanders where at risk as well. But I guess he decided to do it his own way.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The kid would have drove off, the cops follow and he would have pulled over in a block or 2 and gave himself up.

That is exactly how it would have played out..

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Looks like the officer tried to put himself in the way of the suspect. Suspect appeared to be trying to avoid him, not drive over him, and the officer kept trying to get in front of the car. It should be the same verdict as if a civilian did this because of road rage or something....officer guilty of murder. The officer upped the ante when he tried to stop a moving car with his body...the car was obviously not moving to run the officer down. Had the officer stayed in his initial spot when he walked up, the car would have driven right by him. Poor judgement on the officer, unfortunately he will likely get out of any punishment for it.

I agree; better yet had the officer just stayed in his vehicle and wag his finger at the suspect and sternal said "don't you drive away" than the suspect wouldn’t have had to try to drive of in such an erratic manner. He could have simply drove off unobstructed and in a safe manner so as not to put other people who might have been in the parking lot in any danger.

Yeah, I am not really sure what the point of him jumping out of the car with a gun drawn was. Had he stayed in the car, or even pulled up a bit closer, he could have blocked the guy in or at least just rammed his car to stop him without killing him. I just find it nuts all the trouble they went to on this case in general....I mean they used how many man hours for an undercover operation to bust someone selling a few grams of weed that ended up in a killing? What a waste of taxpayer dollars and a life....

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Not a crime but USA cops are notorious for using their guns..

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Most likely, could have just gotten the tags and ran them and gone to the kids home. He could have also gone back to his car and chased after but that would most likely put more people at risk. Can't be sure on that since I don't know how many people where in the area when the police decided to discharge his weapon.

I think it should be pointed out that if the officer felt the driver was a danger he should have given instruction for the driver to exit his car from the safety of his car, while making sure no other bystanders where at risk as well. But I guess he decided to do it his own way.

Yeah, I am not nor have I ever been LEO, but I do know a lot of them and I can't say that this would seem standard operational procedure for this scenario. I could be wrong and would love for one of our ATS LEO's to jump on and comment on this.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

No. when will we stop saying

well he asked for it
well he asked for it
well he asked for itX10

WHEN is it enough. when is it that we figure out that everything is corrupted beyond the point of redemption. what do we do as people who are the people.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE. right?

enough with words. those were all used up for asking for it.

how many whippings do you want to take while smiling

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Then let this be an example to others to listen to cops when they have a gun drawn on you..

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Cop car with flashing lights pulls up behind you.
Cop pulls gun and clearly yells stop.
Driver runs.
Driver gets shot.

Suprise, suprise, suprise!

Or as in the rest of the civilised western world...

Cop car with flashing lights pulls up behind you.
Cop pulls gun and clearly yells stop.
Driver runs.
Cop take registration plate number
Cop arrests driver later
Diver goes to court

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

what?
an example?

yes mister Hitler the Americans are here to see you now.

And we are #ing pissed

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19968818]hknudzkknexnt[/post

Lol.....

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

yes haha its a joke

watch the next few years

ha. ha. ha. 'Licks knife'

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Watch u dnt cut ur tongue

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

i didn't know the official statement contradicted the "my life was in danger since he was driving at me" theory.

if he didn't claim it before, MAYBE they can prosecute. I honestly think this same type of scenario has happened dozens of times and VERY rarely does the cop ever get charged.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join