It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Dashcam Video Just Released Shows Cop Murder Zachary Hammond

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: robbeh
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Was selling weed..did u forget about that?

It was freaking weed!

A stupid plant!

No way that deserves summary execution!

It's also a stupid felony.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: robbeh
a reply to: Bluntone22

EXACTLY!!! Cop has gun drawn u don't try and drive away... Got what he deserved...

You are a joke.. Got what he deserved? He was 19 and he had not done anything at all wrong. and the cop was never in any danger.

You cant shoot to stop him wtf? Over a couple grams of effing weed??

Sorry to jump in, but he did nothing wrong? When a cop is pointing a gun at you to stop, you don't do the opposite and drive away... When you drive away from a cop who's trying to detain you, I'd consider that "doing something wrong" but maybe we have different definitions...

He had done nothing wrong to have a cop pointing a gun in his face in the first place.

So, if that's the case, then why speed away??? If a cop speeds behind me with his gun drawn, I'll assume it's a miscommunication and I'll look to clear it up with them. What I won't do is speed away, putting the cops in a difficult position...

You can assume all you want, until it happens to you.

Until it happens to me? I don't put myself in situations like that, so fine, if it happens, and i speed away like a dip sh*t cops have all the freedom to open fire...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I guess everytime you drive by someone on the sidewalk they should be allowed to shoot you because you might hit them?

This cop was never, ever, ever in any danger in this situation. He easily stepped out of the way and calmly fired at a kid .

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

imgur.com...

but its not doing it with any other threads on ats, Really weird.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The video shows the cop shooting the driver. _Fact
the driver drove away after realizing the cop was there to arrest him. _Fact

In the land of reality, the cop was justified in his use of force as the car was moving after his order to stop.
however you feel about the rest of this is personal opinion.

I personally feel like selling a little weed didn't justify death. But if the kid put his hands up and surrendered as the officer commanded, he would still be alive today and this thread wouldn't exist. I wish the officer had just let him go and picked him up later. But.... if someone is crazy/scared enough to drive away from a cop who is trying to arrest you, is it possible that they might pose a threat to the general public?

It's a sad chain of events that led to the death of a kid. Plenty of blame to go to everyone involved, none of which will make the kid not dead.

It's a shame this has to be used as a cop bashing story when it should be used as an educational story about what not to do when approached by police when you are doing something illegal.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I guess everytime you drive by someone on the sidewalk they should be allowed to shoot you because you might hit them?

This cop was never, ever, ever in any danger in this situation. He easily stepped out of the way and calmly fired at a kid .

How do you equate me driving the speed limit down the street to a guy speeding away from a cop with his gun drawn?? lol... i dont see apples to apples here, my friend... How do you know the cop was never in danger? I watched the same video too, and I felt differently, and if i was on a jury, I would be on the cops side... And I'm about as anti police state as you can get, but that doesn't change the fact that this 19 year old idiot could have turned off his car and gotten out complying with the officers request, but no, instead he decided to speed away... But you believe the cops should have followed him, tried to pull them over peacefully and arrest him... yea, not in the real world... Who says the guy doesn't speed away hitting a lady walking her baby across the street or something else tragic like that?? Cop did his job there, IMO
edit on 27-10-2015 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
a reply to: Vasa Croe

imgur.com...

but its not doing it with any other threads on ats, Really weird.

Could be there is a ban on you posting in the Posse Comitatus forum? Have you been reprimanded for a post anywhere lately?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sounds logical to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

In the land of reality, the cop was justified in his use of force as the car was moving after his order to stop.

Use of deadly force? So now anyone not obeying an order to stop means killing the offender is lawful and acceptable?

Not in my book. Sad times.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Why did the reply buttons disappear on this thread?

How are you replying with no reply button?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Why cant i meet one of those cops??!! why dont they come at me with guns drawn screaming and thinking irrationally and threatening my life for something im not guilty of ??!!

it would be a different kind of protest, the public would be protesting against human rights and excessive force, for the cop, not I .

link   

so you just effing shoot him? Because he might hit someone wow?

link   

Why did the reply buttons disappear on this thread?

How are you replying with no reply button?

LOL...I thought the same, but guessed the poster meant no reply button in line and still has the one at the bottom and top of page maybe?

Oh, and they still have the "quote" button, just not the reply button.
edit on 10/27/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It's the same for me I'm using the lil reply button beside the comments :/

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If the kid did it all right and put his hands up and surrendered he might still be alive I agree. But you still cant just shoot him in the back because he is driving away.

I cant believe people are blaming the kid. wtf is wrong with you people?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Why cant i meet one of those cops??!! why dont they come at me with guns drawn screaming and thinking irrationally and threatening my life for something im not guilty of ??!!

it would be a different kind of protest, the public would be protesting against human rights and excessive force, for the cop, not I .

Wait, so you're saying that if a cop comes at you with a gun drawn you are going to kill the cop? Even though, in this situation the cop should not have fired, the kid was an accessory because he drove his girlfriend to the sale and sat there while the sale went down.

Either way...I hope you never get into an altercation with a police officer because that type of mentality typically results in your death.

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
He took a chance that the cop might use excessive force and he did. It's not what he deserved though. That's like saying young women who get passed out drunk at parties get what they deserve if they are raped.

Terrible analogy...that's not at all the same.

Fleeing from an officer who is trying to arrest you or stop you for any reason is against the law...getting drunk and passing out at a private party (unless under 21) is not a crime.

While I agree that shooting at a fleeing person is not always necessary, it's not always excessive force, either. And I hate to play devil's advocate (no I don't), but sometimes stupid decisions do deserve stupid results. But life isn't about what is deserved, it's about what is earned.

Did he deserve to be shot? Maybe not.

Did he earn it through his actions? Yep.
edit on 27-10-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

link   
I simply cannot see how running in front of a moving vehicle and subsequently claiming to have feared for ones life makes a shooting justified. I by no means applaud the actions of the driver but the only person who endangered the community that day was the officer.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hknudzkknexnt

you think he got shot? you think he just might of 'tried' to drive away? I suggest you watch it again and form a real opinion

Cop pulled gun and told him to stop. The driver did not stop and continued to drive away despite officer being on the way.

FWIW, I don't know any specifics in this case nor have any idea who Zachary Hammond is.

Do I think its ridiculous that drugs are illegal , yes, do I think a 19 year old dying over weed is un justified : yes. Do I think cops have an issue in this country yes, but I don't know enough about police protocol to say whether he followed protocol or committed murder?

However, I do know that if you have an officer with a gun pointing at you ,officer is in the way, and telling you to stop then you are gambling with your life if you decide to drive away.

I see your anger towards the cop but what about towards not having any common sense?

Like I said its tragic that a 19 year old lost his life as you say over weed, but where is the personal responsibility on people that try to fight back , not comply , or get away from a cop that is pointing a gun at you?

If the cop went by protocol then your issue should be with the protocol not the cop. Don't get me wrong if the rest is true about planting evidence then the cop needs to fry for that. However, if he followed protocol in regards to the shooting then he followed protocol?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

LOL...Ten bucks says that before you could even attack or draw a weapons, the cop (gun already drawn, remember) would drop you to the ground.

Talking tough is fun, but let's at least keep it semi-realistic.

And stop pretending like cops can read minds--decisions on guilt don't fall with LEOs, it falls with the court system. LEOs are just there to bring you to the court system if it's probable that you committed an illegal act.

But seriously...LOL.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join