It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Dashcam Video Just Released Shows Cop Murder Zachary Hammond

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I cited a source stating exactly this during all of the threads about Michael Brown in Ferguson (since people were claiming he was shot trying to flee). I don't recall the source, but it was an official state site for Missouri, if I'm not mistaken.

Point is, I know it's a fact...if you want proof, Google it like I did at the time, because I need to leave my computer.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
a reply to: [post=19968611]alienjuggalo[/post

Meh video shows nothin..tried to drive away and got shot I think...tuff sheet I say..

so driving away is a capital offence? how about that.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
excessive use of force.

I would use this if I were his lawyer.

www.psychologytoday.com...

you can't have cops shooting at will in public. regardless of the persons terrible decision. police need to be able to make better clutch decisions.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
double
edit on 27-10-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I cited a source stating exactly this during all of the threads about Michael Brown in Ferguson (since people were claiming he was shot trying to flee). I don't recall the source, but it was an official state site for Missouri, if I'm not mistaken.

Point is, I know it's a fact...if you want proof, Google it like I did at the time, because I need to leave my computer.

So i should just believe you?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Perhaps that is true, but this IS a Human life we're talking about here, not some celebrity gossip.

A young Man, barely out of Childhood is now dead, purely and simply because he tried to flee a soft drugs arrest.

That kind of thing, with it's apparent increasing frequency in the US is what riles people and rubs them up the wrong way.

Police are supposed to be about Justice, not execution.
I am not argueing against any of those points. I am argueing against you saying that americans deal with their problems by shooting people. Perhaps you should curtail the blanket statements.

It seems i was replying to crazyewok anyways. Why did you find fault with my statement?
edit on 27-10-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So he doesn't have any illegal drugs, has done nothing wrong, then why does he attempt to flee from a police officer?

I think it's clear he sold pot to an undercover officer, knew he was busted, and was trying to flee. I am pretty sure no one is disputing this except the officer who said he was trying to run him over.

But we can see that's not true from the video. The officer shot him to keep him from fleeing. He was out of his vehicle and the guy would have gotten away.

Any attempt now to say the officer thought he was a danger to the public is just an attempt to find a new defense when the officer's story fell apart.

The officer could have originally stated he used lethal force because he felt the driver was a danger to the public -- and, personally, I probably would have given him the benefit of the doubt because I cannot pretend to dispute someone's state of mind. But the officer did not claim that was his reason.

The officer lied.

I believe I read a headline earlier today saying that the officer won't be charged. But I do hope Zachary's family files a civil suit.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Should you not drive away when a cop has a gun pointed at you but tired of hearing that he deserved to get shot because of that. Seems like we are getting closer to judge dredd style policing. These days it seems that if you don't do exactly what they cop says you deserve what ever happens next.

I don't think that is what's being said here. Once the kid decided (in a split second) to run instead of give up, he took his life and that of his passenger into his own hands.

If you were stopped, and decided to drive away from a cop with his gun drawn, would you expect him to shoot, or walk away?

(and again, I don't think this kid should have been killed, but he was)

Nope were I live the police are not cowards that shoot people that run away. We call that MURDER here.

Instead they note your car details then pick you up later.

Yes, and if you weren't so busy riding that high horse of yours trying to bash the USA at every turn, you might have noticed I said the same thing earlier in this thread.

I am sure where you live, nobody does anything wrong.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

O they do all the time.

You just dont get executed on the spot for it.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am seriously tired of all of these PC cops. If you think it's any different please, with all do respect, get off of your lazy #ing ass and be a cop. If the cop world needs to change then enlist and change the world we live in.

Could the cop not have shot...yes is the answer but to each their own. In a matter of 1 second they have to make a decision as to whether or not their life is in danger. What one person deems as life threatening may not be the same. I guarantee you would have a different perspective if that were you in those shoes.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

O they do all the time.

You just dont get executed on the spot for it.
And we shouldn't get shot over this here either. Which is why i think this case should go against the officer and for the kid in question. Nobody here wants the cops to shoot people. But the cop will win this, simply because they want to avoid paying out to the family.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I believe I read a headline earlier today saying that the officer won't be charged. But I do hope Zachary's family files a civil suit.

You are correct, Officer Tiller will not be charged. And Zachary's family indeed will file or have already filed a civil suit.

In a statement, Seneca City Administrator Greg Dietterick defended Tiller: “While the effects of outside agitators to tear apart our community lingers, we are thankful the investigation has come to an end and shows Lt. Tiller was acting in self-defense.

Richter said the Hammond family will continue to push for more accountability and changes to prevent future shootings. “They are disappointed but undeterred. Our civil suits will proceed.

SOURCE

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I am seriously tired of all of these PC cops. If you think it's any different please, with all do respect, get off of your lazy #ing ass and be a cop. If the cop world needs to change then enlist and change the world we live in.

Could the cop not have shot...yes is the answer but to each their own. In a matter of 1 second they have to make a decision as to whether or not their life is in danger. What one person deems as life threatening may not be the same. I guarantee you would have a different perspective if that were you in those shoes.

thats not really an adequate response and is an invalid arguement.

I don't blame the police officer per sae but i do blame his training. soldiers literally have more strict training over rules of engagement. if you can't make fast decisions under stress you should not be allowed to be an officer.

in the US we have free speech people can say what they want and petition their reps

There should be a review of training protocol when issues like this occur.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: alienjuggaloBTw both shots were in the kids back .

The articles I have read say the independent autopsy the family had done showed a shot in the side and one in the back. That's consistent with the last place I saw the officer in the video, next to the car.

I'm clarifying this just so anyone reading has the facts and not "both shots were in the kids back." Sorry if this post feels like I'm calling you out. I'm not. Just trying to spread the facts.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Just decisions on death fall on them.

That's right...Mr. Hammond did nothing wrong, here. I keep forgetting that all criminals shot by cops are innocent, and that it was only the cop's decision that exacerbated the confrontation.

/sarc

What did he do wrong? Again he was not even the target of the undercover investigation. All criminals shot are not innocent. But this one was.

so driving the car for a drug sale is legal?

seriously, you are not helping your point here.

Where do the cops say he knew about any drug sale? Or are we going to just make assumptions?
edit on 27-10-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I really dont see much difference in this and the Cincinnati shooting. How was that cop be charged and this is justified ?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Next time I see you complain about Obama I'm going to point to this thread, tell you to shut up and run for president.

This also applies to any other thing like congress, state department policy etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I really dont see much difference in this and the Cincinnati shooting. How was that cop be charged and this is justified ?

The guy in Cincinnati was black. You know....black lives matter. Obviously more than whites.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Exactly what I feared with this case. Especially upon hearing they posed his hands after death. Sickening to say the least and nothing short of an execution. Of course, the prosecutor won't charge lieutenant Mark Tiller for Hammond's death - Source here.

Another reason to decriminalization needs to happen ASAP in this country. The country sorely needs to get over this stigma against the drug which is fueling not only senseless murders but is overcrowding jails in the name of revenue while the worst offenders are set free.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Next time I see you complain about Obama I'm going to point to this thread, tell you to shut up and run for president.

This also applies to any other thing like congress, state department policy etc.

Ok you do that
Next time please respond with something of intellect merit. As in you are comparing apples to oranges. You don't need a degree or any special training to enlist to become a cop.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join