It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Dashcam Video Just Released Shows Cop Murder Zachary Hammond

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Why not just get ride of the 5th and 6th Amendments and just allow cops the power of summary execution!

Speeding? Bang!

Smokeing a bit of pot? Bang!

Walking on the grass? You bet it should be the death penalty!

USA!USA!USA!

Easy there... I now live in Seattle, pots legal

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: alienjuggalo

And it wasn't "he might be a threat", he WAS a threat, when you're in a car, made of steel, speeding away from a cop with a loaded gun, you are a threat...

In most the civilized world the police would take note of registration details then arrest the punk later..... not just go gun crazy.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Why cant i meet one of those cops??!! why dont they come at me with guns drawn screaming and thinking irrationally and threatening my life for something im not guilty of ??!!

it would be a different kind of protest, the public would be protesting against human rights and excessive force, for the cop, not I .

LOL...Right. Everyones a tough guy on the internet...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

In the land of reality, the cop was justified in his use of force as the car was moving after his order to stop.

And hereis the problem, that statement is correct and it is exactly what people are tired of. We are tired of seeing people shot and then hearing 'well it was by the book'. That freaking book needs a damn rewrite.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And it wasn't "he might be a threat", he WAS a threat, when you're in a car, made of steel, speeding away from a cop with a loaded gun, you are a threat...

I love hoe you guys keep saying speeding away lmao.. HE was going like 3 miles an hour , watch the video.. Speeding away???

Speeding away? really??

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Should you not drive away when a cop has a gun pointed at you but tired of hearing that he deserved to get shot because of that. Seems like we are getting closer to judge dredd style policing. These days it seems that if you don't do exactly what they cop says you deserve what ever happens next.

I don't think that is what's being said here. Once the kid decided (in a split second) to run instead of give up, he took his life and that of his passenger into his own hands.

If you were stopped, and decided to drive away from a cop with his gun drawn, would you expect him to shoot, or walk away?

(and again, I don't think this kid should have been killed, but he was)

Nope were I live the police are not cowards that shoot people that run away. We call that MURDER here.

Instead they note your car details then pick you up later.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
I simply cannot see how running in front of a moving vehicle and subsequently claiming to have feared for ones life makes a shooting justified. I by no means applaud the actions of the driver but the only person who endangered the community that day was the officer.

Speeding away from a police car with a person right there beside you while in a parking lot you were selling weed in isn't endangering a community?

Wouldn't want to live where you live.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It is exactly what is being said here, read the comments. People always say well since you didn't listen to the cop you get what was coming to you, regardless of what that is. Seems like we have a culture of people that think once you don't obey a cop you are free game to be beat or shot.
edit on thTue, 27 Oct 2015 13:35:00 -0500America/Chicago1020150080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I would suspect that shooting the driver of a moving vehicle, creating a multi ton projectile, is also a threat to the community.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

I simply cannot see how running in front of a moving vehicle and subsequently claiming to have feared for ones life makes a shooting justified. I by no means applaud the actions of the driver but the only person who endangered the community that day was the officer.

Speeding away from a police car with a person right there beside you while in a parking lot you were selling weed in isn't endangering a community?

Wouldn't want to live where you live.

Again speeding away... What is your definition of speeding?

link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I love hoe you guys keep saying speeding away lmao.. HE was going like 3 miles an hour , watch the video.. Speeding away???

Speeding away? really??

It doesn't take much "speed" to kill/hurt someone in a car. I'm sure you can figure that out... "speed" doesn't need to mean "going 140 mph", but you can tell the driver was "speeding" away... But, hey, keep making excuses for the kid, because all cops are evil....

link   

a reply to: jhn7537

so you just effing shoot him? Because he might hit someone wow?

Yes, you take the risk off the road... The car can be looked at as a weapon.

So, what if the officer allowed the driver to speed away and what if that car hit some children crossing the street on their way to school? Then what? It could have been avoided... We can create a million hypotheticals, but the fact remains that if the guy would have complied he would still be breathing today...

That is alot of what ifs? How about reality? he would have pulled over in a block or 2 and giving himself up. he wasnt even speeding away he was trying his best to avoid the damm cop.

You cant just shoot him because he might be a threat. Might be? So now we justify it on maybes and might bes?

How on earth do you know he would have pulled over? You keep saying that but it's a guess. A wild guess. He may have run out in the street and crashed into a school bus. Or a tree. Or a spaceship. Who the hell knows what happens next. Certainly not you so don't go around saying you can predict what would have happened in his future.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I would suspect that shooting the driver of a moving vehicle, creating a multi ton projectile, is also a threat to the community.

Not in a parking lot, which is where they were... But if he gets away out of the parking lot, I'm sure he'd be a MUCH bigger risk speeding away from police.

link   
Did they still arrest the girlfriend for selling? I wonder if they will prosecute her for accessory to his death? I also wonder if she is going to bring a suit against the department. This could turn in to one GIANT clusterfU$#

link   

Speeding away? really??

It doesn't take much "speed" to kill/hurt someone in a car. I'm sure you can figure that out... "speed" doesn't need to mean "going 140 mph", but you can tell the driver was "speeding" away... But, hey, keep making excuses for the kid, because all cops are evil....

Lets shoot dead all motorists! Yeeeeehaaaaaaaaa

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Speeding away? really??

It takes faster then he was going.. About 3 miles an hour lol.. But keep trying to make it look alot worse for the dead kid.

Hw was speeding away and driving like a maniac. lol

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Speeding away? really??

Lets shoot dead all motorists! Yeeeeehaaaaaaaaa

Not all motorists are speeding away from cops who have their guns drawn and barking orders to stop....

You folks and your comparisons are hilarious....

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I didn't see the kid driving at the Cop, i saw the kid driving away and the Cop advancing towards the kid's path of travel.

Nothing in that short clip shows the kid trying to run down that Policeman, nothing. It does show him trying to flee, which apparently in America is enough to warrant a death sentence.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If an officer can run and get near a vehicle, then claim fear of life and therefore deadly force, then anyone using a vehicle can be killed for any reason. Sure seems like that day is coming if not here now.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Speeding away? really??

It takes faster then he was going.. About 3 miles an hour lol.. But keep trying to make it look alot worse for the dead kid.

Hw was speeding away and driving like a maniac. lol

I suppose, agree to disagree, because you have your mind made up, and I watched the video and feel the cop did nothing wrong... I guess you can stay upset, but I'll get back to my day where I don't believe "all police are evil"...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join