It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina school officer caught on video beating down student in arrest

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

She didint do anything illegal, just suspend her ars, no need for cops, just call the parents tell them tp pick up there kid and get the class going, shes refusing to stop using her phone, she wasent rowdy, didint attack anyone.

The cop had zero rights to assault her, jeez not that hard.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I saw an analyst on CNN being interviewed, former LEO Harry Hauwk or some such. He actually said that if it was his daughter acting like that, he would have done worse. WTH?

Besides such use of force on a minor who was no physical threat, regardless of compliance, what also struck me was the very routine, almost Stockholm Syndrome like way the fellow students were acting.
Is it common place at that school for crazy to just break out like that?

...or everyone else knows shes an idiot and wanted to get on with their lives.

According to other students she is new to the school and doesn't even talk a lot to others.

But it's good to know violent thug child abusers are protecting .. something.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This cop is a complete D-bag. First off, were not even allowed to spank our own children anymore or we would face child abuse charges. Yet this coward feels he can grab a minor around the throat and slam her to the ground while sitting in a desk. All over using a cell phone, sorry but thats absolutely absurd. I don't have to explain what should have happened, because any human with half a brain knows the cop was in the wrong on how he handled the situation.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

She didint do anything illegal, just suspend her ars, no need for cops, just call the parents tell them tp pick up there kid and get the class going, shes refusing to stop using her phone, she wasent rowdy, didint attack anyone.

The cop had zero rights to assault her, jeez not that hard.

You didn't answer the question. Three school officials asked her to leave the room. She refused. What are they supposed to do?

didint attack anyone

She punched the cop in the head.

she wasent rowdy

I think punching a cop approaches rowdy.

She didint do anything illegal

Punching a cop is illegal.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i remember the wooden paddles in the principle's office.

So do I, but it required parental consent to use it.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: subfab

i remember the wooden paddles in the principle's office.

So do I, but it required parental consent to use it.

I was in high school when they made parental consent necessary for administration of corporal punishment by school teachers and administrators. 1970's.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Three school officials asked her to leave the room. She refused. What are they supposed to do?

Call the parents

I seen her reach for something to grab onto since he was mid slamming her into the ground while sitting in a desk, guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Thats null and void due to the fact that she tried grabbing him after he was slamming her

So is child abuse, abuse of power, plus it should be illegal for idiots to wear a police uniform. Just my take on things.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Three school officials asked her to leave the room. She refused. What are they supposed to do?

Call the parents

I seen her reach for something to grab onto since he was mid slamming her into the ground while sitting in a desk, guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Thats null and void due to the fact that she tried grabbing him after he was slamming her

So is child abuse, abuse of power, plus it should be illegal for idiots to wear a police uniform. Just my take on things.

NBC NEWS

2:45 One of the videos taken as a school resource officer slammed a student sitting at her desk at a South Carolina high school also shows her punching the deputy during the confrontation, authorities said Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

She didint do anything illegal, so no need for a cop, she refused to stop using her phone, call her parent and suspend her.

Again police officers are proffesionals, not bouncers, she did not need to be beat up to take her out of her class.

edit on 28-10-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

She didn't punch the cop, she had a reaction to getting put in a choke hold thar looks like her arm coming up to grab something as is 100% normal but hardly an intentional punch imo.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

authorities said Tuesday.

Keywords "authorities said"

They can't prove she tried punching him based on the video, just like she can't prove she was reaching for something to grab onto while falling. So, that part will be inadmissable in court. He clearly puts her into a choke hold (was it even a legal choke hold?), slams her into the ground, and drags her across the room though.

edit on 28-10-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

She didn't punch the cop, she had a reaction to getting put in a choke hold thar looks like her arm coming up to grab something as is 100% normal but hardly an intentional punch imo.

In complete agreement with you here. The statement " She punched the cop " makes it sound like she came up out of her chair and begain to assault him, leaving himself with no choice but to physically defend himself by slamming her around.

But that's not what happened here.

You can also tell from the video, his intent was to slam her to the ground as hard as he could, right off the bat. He doesn't grasp her arm, he doesn't palm her shoulder and say "lets go".. He doesn't even try grabbing her by the collar and pulling her ' up & out.'

He goes straight to reaching around the neck, securing the bottom of her chin, while getting a leverage point under the leg. It's clear as day his first reaction, his intent was to throw her around like a rag doll.

Hell a quick splash of pepper-spray would have been a better choice, and I don't even think that would have beena good call. A better call sure, but all in all....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

originally posted by: Sremmos80

In complete agreement with you here. The statement " She punched the cop " makes it sound like she came up out of her chair and begain to assault him, leaving himself with no choice but to physically defend himself by slamming her around.

But that's not what happened here.

You can also tell from the video, his intent was to slam her to the ground as hard as he could, right off the bat. He doesn't grasp her arm, he doesn't palm her shoulder and say "lets go".. He doesn't even try grabbing her by the collar and pulling her ' up & out.'

He goes straight to reaching around the neck, securing the bottom of her chin, while getting a leverage point under the leg. It's clear as day his first reaction, his intent was to throw her around like a rag doll.

Hell a quick splash of pepper-spray would have been a better choice, and I don't even think that would have beena good call. A better call sure, but all in all....

Exactly, hell his nickname is "Mr. Slam".

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Mr. Slam has been booted.

heriff to Announce South Carolina Deputy Ben Fields Fired From Job: Sheriff

The school resource officer who was caught on camera violently flipping a South Carolina high school student at her desk has been fired, Richland County authorities announced Wednesday.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

She didint do anything illegal, so no need for a cop, she refused to stop using her phone, call her parent snad suspend her.

Again police officers are proffesionals, not bouncers, she did not need to be beat up to take her out of her class.

What are the school administrators supposed to do when she refuses to leave the room as requested?
Call her parents?
You might get an answer from them. What do you do when they say that they can't come to the school? Just wait around... while she disrupts the class?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I watched a video this morning from a third angle and saw the girl clearly punch the officer in the head, while he only had one hand on her shoulder, telling her to get up out of her chair.
I saw it on a Facebook post and can not find it now.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Looks like the black community needs to create some group to deal with their youth in the schools. Another video going around today of fights in school. They believe the police are against them so fix the youth or handle it. Police don't need to handle discipline in schools. People aren't going to support them in nonsense like this.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Is it time to give cops special training on how to handle black agitators specifically?

In today's environment where "professional" racial agitators are revving the rhetoric up to a level that makes an ordinary law enforcement officer have to face exceptional disrespect and violent behavior made worse by groups like Black Lives Matter, one gets the feeling that some of these incidents occurring post-Ferguson may be set-ups, or at the very least intentionally overly disrespectful and aggressive for the purpose of getting the officer to do something stupid.

These overly crazy out-of-control disruptive foul-mouthed kids need special schools designed to handle this type of behavior. They do not need to be constantly disrupting educators trying to educate. Too many teachers are spending an inordinate amount of time on students with behavioral problems.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

From my understanding she didint want to get off her phone,Or stop using her phone.
i havent seen anywhere posted that she was disturbing the class, i might be wrong here, i dont have the full lenght of the story do.

Disturbing a class is not a crime, unless she was violent, so no need to call the cops.

Again students get suspendeD all the time, i dont see this case behing any different.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So now we have posters blaming the black community, really just wow,Cant be the cop faults, good old america Where its always someone elses fault.

More excuses plz

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join