It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina school officer caught on video beating down student in arrest

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sure the guy did the wrong thing.

He thought he was strong enough to just pick her up in that chair and remover her to the hall way.

Then he’d be a hero

But she fought back.

Now if this guy wouldn’t have thrown her across the room as he did he may have gotten away with this.

When she fought back he should have backed off.

This girl was big and he was big too but he didn’t realize the awkwardness of trying to pick someone up in those chairs.

I would be curious to ask the guy who fired him what is the proper procedure for this

Probably him calling for back up after trying to talk reason with her

I think btw it is a crime to refuse an officers command

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

No it isn't, a cop can't just walk up to me and start telling me what to do. I will agree there is some cases where I don't have to suspected of a crime to have to listen but I don't see this as being one of those cases.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Sremmos80

I find it interesting some people even think her using a phone for so long in class is acceptable or at least not disruptive.

I just want to go on record, that I do not believe that at all. But it does not necessitate the clear man-handling of a teenage girl. The guy goes straight to an MMA style take down, before he tries ANYTHING else.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

originally posted by: CranialSponge
That video has me completely confused.

Why is a cop in a school classroom anyways ?

Did the student commit a crime earlier and the cop followed her to school or something to make an arrest ?

Or did the teacher phone the police ?

I don't get it.

Most US high-schools have an officer that patrols the school now a days. Larger schools might have more than one. My old high school is pretty small and they have one. He showed up after an idiot brought a gun to school to show off to his friends.

not sure when this started but we had a cop in school back in 1974 not only high school but jr.high as well

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

i wonder what other cops seeing this are thinking of the whole scenario? what if that girls father was a LEO himself?
how is the police chief going to try and cover this one up i wonder?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Now the girl who filmed it has been arrested Wow.

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - Niya Kenny, 18, is speaking out after she was taken into custody in her Spring Valley High School math class. She says she was standing up for her classmate who was being arrested by Student Resource Officer Ben Fie

www.wltx.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I would really hope that the local law there would have enough sense to dismiss any charges against this girl very, very quickly.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

This is not new. She was arrested at the same time as the other student by the same officer. I urged people not to forget about the second student being arrested for verbally objecting, in a previous post. Because if we can't all agree on whether what happened to the student who was roughed up was unacceptable conduct or not, we should all be able to agree that verbally objecting to something you feel is wrong should not warrant an arrest.
edit on 28-10-2015 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The officer got fired, cant wait for more excuses to defend is ars.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

www.wltx.com... well having been sued previously they probally considered him too much of a liability to the force,the school job was probally his getting put out to pasture to draw pension but he got fired so we can chock this one up as a win

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

when my kids were in school it was a united front with the teachers as far as disrespecting and unruly behavior believe me my kids were well versed in respecting any and all adults in or out of school if there was an issue we sorted it out with the teachers/adults,not the kids.
not saying everything was perfect but they learned to respect adults one way or the other...funny thing is it was accomplished without corporal punishment....how you use your words worked far better in discipline than any paddle or strap...at least for me it did.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
And in other news today, reading and math scores across the nation slipped yet again ...

Gee, I wonder why. Maybe it's because kids today have absolutely no respect for authority? Now I'm not defending the officer, but I will say it should NEVER have gotten to him. Why didn't she put away her damn phone when the teacher asked her to the first time? And when it got beyond that and the teacher told her to take a hike to the office, why didn't she leave? And when she refused and the office admin, likely vice principal came in to collect her, why didn't she go then?

So then the school, because they didn't want the legal trouble they could clearly see coming called the cops and now a cop is out of a job because he had to deal with it. Oh, and let's not forget that after he asked her to leave, she full on punched him. Generally, that goes MUCH worse when you do it in the real world. So he tried to physically remove her.

Now he's out of work because the school personnel foisted this off on him. Otherwise, it would have been them.

And it all comes back to this girl having ZERO respect for authority and multiple chances to have avoided the situation escalating to this pitch.

And when her mother speaks out, we see why it's this way. Texting isn't disruptive ... Like hell, lady, it's disrespectful and I guarantee your little darlin' isn't learning anything while she's absorbed in cyber space. So it's definitely disrupting her education.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, and let's not forget that after he asked her to leave, she full on punched him.

Where does this information come from? Certainly not the video.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

www.breitbart.com...

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said Tuesday that the video shows the student hitting the officer who had been called to the class, but that his internal investigation did not concern the student’s behavior. He told reporters that, although the student “was wrong for disturbing the class, I’m looking at what our deputy did.”

Witnesses report that the student had taken out her cell phone in class and then refused to turn it over to a teacher. The teacher then brought in a school administrator, who asked the girl several times to leave the classroom. After the student refused those requests, the administrator requested the assistance of the deputy.

And I said, I'm not defending the deputy. But she hit him instead of simply doing what she was asked to do, and she was asked multiple times all the way up the chain of escalation.

Are you defending her for being obstinate? If she had simply put away her phone the first time, this wouldn't have happened.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
originally posted by: ketsuko

www.breitbart.com...

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said Tuesday that the video shows the student hitting the officer who had been called to the class.........

I believe that they're talking about the "hit" that took place as she was falling backward in the desk/chair. I got the impression from your post that the student punched the officer before the video started recording. But, the student interviewed on the news said that she just stubbornly sat there and that she didn't say anything at all. You know how teenagers throw the silent tantrum? That's how I see it. I may be wrong.

Are you defending her for being obstinate? If she had simply put away her phone the first time, this wouldn't have happened.

I'm not defending anybody. As I said earlier in this thread, I think he should have dragged the desk out the door, with hunkered down in it. I don't think he should have thrown her across the room though.

edit on 28-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Does anyone have a list of the girl's injuries? Or a link to some report of her injuries.
Thank you in advance.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Does anyone have a list of the girl's injuries? Or a link to some report of her injuries.
Thank you in advance.

I'd assume a broken back and scarred for life.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Lott has said the girl was uninjured aside from a rug burn. However, the girl's attorney, Todd Rutherford, told ABC's "Good Morning America" that she "has a cast on her arm, she has neck and back injuries." He says she also has a bandage on her forehead because of the rug burn.

www.wrdw.com...

"She has a cast on her arm".....I don't trust lawyer speak. Why does she have a cast on her arm? Did she suffer a broken bone, a fracture, a pulled tendon....?????

PS: I don't doubt that she's suffering whiplash type effects.

edit on 28-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Unless you have a differentent camera angle, no where do you see the girl punch the cop before he tried to grab her head.

No crime was commited, that girl was a pain in the ars, but no way even after all the excuses you posted did the cop have the right to assault her.
edit on 28-10-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Thank you, Windword.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join