It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US navy to send destroyer within 24 hours to challenge China territorial claims.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

I'm afraid it wouldn't stop at the slap...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: princeofpeace
The same way Vhine passed by the US within 12 miles but continued on their way? Are you an idiot? Thats what these countries do...they dont "camp out" there. China said if the US tested the zone they would respond...well the US tested and China DIDNT.

I'm sorry it was China, never heard of a country called Vhine...

Peace
edit on 26-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

TOLJA!

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The US invited the Australian Navy with them to the China Sea.

Australia said, umm ahh? we`ve got a birthday or something to attend I think that night, but thanks anyway.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

Yes they have ..we have a mutual defence pact with Japan and this:

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yeah USA needs to just go to the island to send a real message that they arent afraid to camp out over the line lolz. . . .

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Yeah USA needs to just go to the island to send a real message that they arent afraid to camp out over the line lolz. . . .

Now China is going to send a strongly worded letter back to Obama for coming too close to it's fake Island in the open sea..lolz

Thank goodness it had to end that way...

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks, cheers for the info. I looked it up after that and read it properly.
Of course, you're quite correct

I'm a bit slow off the mark sometimes, but I get there eventually.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: princeofpeace

"Most stupidest" thats (sic) the worst grammar i (sic) have seen in a while LOL.

Hmmm, the irony.

Anyway, we have members from all over the world, some of whom are not English-as-first-language speakers...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I would feel better about this move we the US has made.
If we had a real commander in chief.Sammy Obamy is not even close to one.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Now China is going to send a strongly worded letter back to Obama for coming too close to it's fake Island in the open sea..lolz

Thank goodness it had to end that way...

Peace

It is not even certain the USS Lassen actually sailed inside the 12Nmile that China set up. This all lasted for about 1 houer.

And China did send a spanking letter to Obama. They told him to be carefull.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So the US wants to open the next front?

Once upon the time, there was a little austrian lunatic racist here in europe, he tried the same thing...
He messed around with the whole world, opened one front after another, and in the end germany became occupied by the Allies, which all left us alone, except the US, that occupies us till today.

Who will occupy the USA after it´s failed attempt to rule the world?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Updates: It seems China is not very happy with the move by the US navy ship, as expected and China's foreign minister has responded.

Tension as US warship sails by China's disputed islands

The foreign ministry in Beijing has condemned the operation as "illegal" and a "threat to China's sovereignty," and has vowed to "resolutely respond to any country's deliberately provocative actions".

After confirming that the ship had sailed within the disputed area, a US defence official said this was just the first in a series of freedom-of-navigation exercises aimed at testing Beijing's territorial claims.

Whatever that means, I can't really tell this political gibberish from China, but it looks as though they aren't letting it happen again.

But, wait, here's more news of what the US thinks about touring China's artificial islands.

"This is something that will be a regular occurrence, not a one-off event," said a US official. "It's not something that's unique to China."

Get ready folks for WW3, this looks tense.
edit on 27-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Gonna be some sunk ships real soon as I am thinking this is one of many incursions into the disputed area.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
We should build an artificial island 12 miles off China coast and see how they like it.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Watch China dump more U.S debt on the market when and if this kicks off they have lots of ways of hurting you without sending ships to the bottom of the sea .

Cue ..... Kim jong un

China will never do this because it would be a godsend to the US. At that point the US could call it an act of war and invalidate all of the China debt.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
USA says its going to continue going within the 12 mile limit and may do it again in the comming weeks.. . . . .
So we can look foward to this every week now!
I am thinking mines will soon be there . . . . .

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
We should build an artificial island 12 miles off China coast and see how they like it.

I was thinking the exact same thing. lol

Here's the problem with this island situation, it was a bold and entitled act by China's part to even build the island in the first place.

This is only the beginning we are in for some real world problems soon.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
News just in, about Australia`s involvement.

Defence experts warn Australia will face pressure to join US on mission to probe China's artificial islands

"It won't go away; it will simply continue... there will be much more pressure upon Australia to get involved on the US side," he said.

Defence Minister Marise Payne has issued a warning to China that Australia will continue to cooperate with the US on maritime security.

In a written statement, Ms Payne said while Australia was not involved in the current exercise, the government strongly supported freedom of navigation, including in the South China Sea.

They are going to continue poking, as FormOfTheLord just posted.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Let's just go the appeasement route and let China do what they want. That's always worked in the past.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join