It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US navy to send destroyer within 24 hours to challenge China territorial claims.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Looks like we send in the carrier group standing by in Japan AFTER all..allenwestrepublic.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Watch China dump more U.S debt on the market when and if this kicks off they have lots of ways of hurting you without sending ships to the bottom of the sea .

Cue ..... Kim jong un

But without the west, China has no food.

The Chinese don't eat their own fruits and vegetables because of the chemicals used in the growing process. Another thing that comes to mind is baby formula, the Chinese don't use their own baby formula either because of the chemicals in it.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

?

Read your first response that you made to me and tell me again who was having a shot at who.

Yes I`m sure most people know already your a vet so you pointing it out every few posts gets tiring, especially when it doesn`t grant you an all knowing ability amongst us peasants.

I don`t dislike you dude, somethings I don`t respect as far as the past US foreign policy etc and there is a bit of flow on to those that follow those policies through.

But other than that I enjoy all input, chats and discussion.

Have a good one.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gps777

It's my manner of speech ,people think I'm angry,when in fact THAT is how I talk.IF I do at all.
If you met me I wouldn't say much. I only speak out when something is wrong based on what I know.
WHAT is the story about that nut who attacked down under by the way?
I DETEST my government and what has been done in the past 9 I have been told by black ops vets things that will NEVER come out,I have said a few but nobody accepts it) but our war power is far better than our foes...DESPITE this traitor in cheif and his efforts.
China is trying to take what is not theirs on international sea routes. The Phillipines,japan and Vietnam are cooperating with our "pivot to oppose the Chinese communists as is Austrailia with that marine base...should've taken army,we're more fun.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
China won't go beyond diplomatic action with this because they own 2 trillion dollars in US bonds, which will immediately be made worthless on any aggressive actions on their part.

Besides impeding trade ships from the countries in that area, maybe that is why the US is interested in China's island building in the South China Sea.

Considering we have a debt total closer to 20 trillion CHinas debt is a drop in the bucket and woudnt really mess up anything.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
China should respond the same way we would respond if the Chinese sent their equivalent to destroyers within 12 NM of our shores.

So all we have to do is build islands all along China's shore and suddenly we have US territory everywhere. Right?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

'WHAT is the story about that nut who attacked down under by the way? '

Do you mean the sword incident in Austria by any chance? That wasn't Australia.

I believe the pivot to the Pacific will prove to be enough in the long term for both sides to build a healthy respect and all of this posturing will come to nothing. Hell the Australian naval sailed through the area over the last month to go play war games with the Chinese.

Both Arunta and the replenishment ship HMAS Sirius travelled through the South China Sea two weeks ago on their way to the region.

Source

What I see as more ominous region is the M.E. especially after reading this this afternoon.

“We won’t hold back from supporting capable partners in opportunistic attacks against ISIL, or conducting such missions directly, whether by strikes from the air or direct action on the ground,”

Source

I can see US special forces troops being 'accidentally' bring hit in a Russian air strike as they go after the rebels.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This is a win for china from what i can see.

They have learned that they can build military islands any place they want, and the worst they can expect to happen is a ship will sail past.

I would expect a lot of islands to be built now at strategic points.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: joho99

If it stopped here you would be right.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: odzeandennz
China should respond the same way we would respond if the Chinese sent their equivalent to destroyers within 12 NM of our shores.

So all we have to do is build islands all along China's shore and suddenly we have US territory everywhere. Right?

This is why building islands is frowned upon unless it's in your territorial waters. Allowing any country to create islands and them claim territorial waters around it would be a nightmare. What if the day Japan created islands 14 miles off Chinas coast. They could claim 12 miles of their shipping lane causing them to have to pay them to for ships to pass thru for example. Or set up airforce basses effectively claiming the airspace just outside of Chinas.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The thing is what are the options to stop them?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Completely surround them so that China can't send any ships out to sea. It's only ok when it's an American enemy though.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The world allowed the PRC to build their little artificial sea and air bases in the Spratlys.
The United Nations became about as useful as the old League of Nations... just prior to WW2.

So, we (the US) sent a single warship to sail by. Whoopee.
China gripes and complains but knows that's about all that's gonna happen. I mean, they know full well that the west is played out for wars right now. They can do pretty much as they please and all that will happen is a ship sailing by or an old plane flying overhead.

A few gripes and they're back to work.

edit on 28-10-2015 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I knew the Commies will blink because when it comes to "real power" they always do.

These Chinese commies DO NOT KNOW THE BOUNDRIES of other nations.

They are encroaching on Russia's east, India's North East.

They have been repeatedly hacking information and trade technologies, including military from the US and other nations.

They send their illegal immigrants to all over the world.

This Chinese trait of taking over the world is dangerous and has to stopped in its tracks.

Wait until the Robotics comes to full swing in industrial technologies..........cheap Chinese "sweat shop" labor will be worthless and Commie Chinese Leadership will find who the real bosses are............those who create technologies and rely on self......not those who steal tech and encroach on others lands and resources.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
China doing what it does best. Playing victim while stealing anything it can lay it's mitts on.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Cmon you know the Chinese will do something unimpressive and stupid like say, "YOU GO!"

While in fact a million man group of Chinese sleepers sabotage the USA from within and fund a revolt!

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Chinese, Daesh , ANY faction large enough to really do harm ,will be aeten ALIVE as pissed as vets are right now,IF the feds get the hell out of the way.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Chinese, Daesh , ANY faction large enough to really do harm ,will be aeten ALIVE as pissed as vets are right now,IF the feds get the hell out of the way.

Yeah true but with money funding revolts they wont appear to be Chinese they will be mercs in America desperate enough to do some crime for some cash. What do we do to stop soft crime like arson?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I doubt it would be noticed or useful to them, I do recal some transformers being shot at a while back THEY are more vigilant for that now.
Mostly they just want to steal tech ,not fight, from China.
edit on 28-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There are two readings I strongly recommend at this point:

Dragon's Fury by Jeff Head (www.amazon.com...) - great book.

And also one or two history books so some of you can see that no reasonable cause was necessary for the declaration of any of the WWs, and that no treaty or agreement was able to prevented them.

The world seems to be on the verge of a WWIII, as far as I'm concern we are seconds away only. IMHO One wrong word and bombs away.

China and Russia can have many flaws, but they are strategically unbeatable.The US Military Forces are dramatically weak (please don't deny the truth), after 20 and so years of conflicts this is expected.

In Risk/War Games, what we usually do is wait for your enemy weakest moment to rip them off the board. Well...this can be a decisive moment.

Now, nobody in their right mind wishes for a global war, and let's hope we can postpone it indefinitely, however.... place your bet whether there are enough players making to much confusion everywhere or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join