It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightened Sharia: Cane the gays...and women of course

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
In a shocking development, a sharia society(Indonesia) is implementing caning as a punishment for homosexuality...and women in "tight clothes"....and not praying on Friday...

I'm sure the ATS community would be supportive of Catholics or Jews caning heretics(relatively speaking)...

This is is simply one more example of the societal sociopathy inherent in Islamic rule...

"It does not violate human rights. It instead raises the dignity of human beings," Abbas said. The law applies to all Muslims. Non-Muslims, who account for about 1 percent of the province's population, can choose whether they wish to follow the provincial law or the national criminal code, Abbas said

Cane the Gays...and apostates

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

As a "rule of thumb" they must be doing the right thing, right?

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

This is is simply one more example of the societal sociopathy inherent in Islamic rule...

Not just Islam, all religion is mental illness, no matter how extreme the views.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I'm sure the ATS community would be supportive of Catholics or Jews caning heretics(relatively speaking)...

Are you suggesting that ATS is supportive of ANYONE who would use caning as a punishment for homosexuality or women in tight clothes, or not praying on Friday???

What the hell are you trying to say?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Not just Islam, all religion is mental illness, no matter how extreme the views.

I agree with you that historically theocracies rarely suffer apostates....but in the modern world it's primarily Islamo-fascism who punishes gender and sexual preference...

There are obvious examples of Christian extremism in Africa where societal sociopathy tends to abound...

The incidents of Islamic societies criminalization of homosexuality, in particular, is 1000X more frequent than that of all other religions combined...

Next time you run across a gay refugee from an Islamic state, ask them how their life was...
Sidenote: women in sharia states suffer the same relative subjugation and diminished legal standing...

-Christosterone

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
At least they aren't throwing the gays off buildings. These people are sick.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

"Not just Islam, all religion is mental illness, no matter how extreme the views."

Bear in mind that it takes as much faith to believe in deity as it does to deny its existence.
As a species, we tend to happily embrace the possibility of extraterrestrial life but, immediately deny gods... all while knowing that thousands of years ago, had humanity encountered life from elsewhere, they would not have likely been tagged as... um, ET.

Animosity today is focused on the very concept of their being a lifeforms greater than ourselves... but it is also based on what one calls them. If it is God or Allah or Jehovah, it is immediately cast aside with anger. But, if its a Terminator or an Alien ready to lay a batch of face-hugger eggs? We love 'em to death.

Welcome to the 21st century.
edit on 23-10-2015 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2015 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I'm not trying to say anything,
My post was clear and the meaning easy to glean....

ATS members will bend over backwards intellectually to apologize for Muslim atrocities and excuse their medieval behavior.

My point was/is that a culture of hypocrisy exists on ATS when comparing Islam to the other major religions on earth...

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
EXTREMISM is EXTREMISM

From any group.

Label it correctly. Extremism with the excuse of religious belief.

Could be any belief. Doesn't even have to be religious.

edit on 23-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

ATS members will bend over backwards intellectually to apologize for Muslim atrocities and excuse their medieval behavior.

I don't believe you. Can you point to one post where ATS members have apologized for behaviors like those listed in your OP?

What specific "atrocities" are they apologizing for?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
Bear in mind that it takes as much faith to believe in deity as it does to deny its existence.

That's not true. I don't have ANY faith as regards a deity.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"That's not true. I don't have ANY faith as regards a deity."

Okee dokee.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You have the US giving Afghanistan a pass when they rape young boys. Why should anyone get worked up over this?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

I am not surprised and wasn't surprised when being gay
became punishable in Indonesia. Many on ATS have
pointed out that Indonesia is one of the Muslim
countries who doesn't persecute gays or women
with state endorsed physical punishment,
well they do now.

This behavior IS limited to Islam, and can not
be generalized to all religions and to all religious
people.
This is the most paranoid anti-theist
statement I have heard on ATS in a long time.

Was Ghandi mentally ill? He was a devout worshiper.

Are Buddhists mentally ill?

Are Taoists mentally ill?

Was Mother Theresa mentally ill?

Are Pagans who brought us
Christmas (yes it was originally a pagan holiday)
and Halloween, are they mentally ill? It is
a religion still practiced widely.

Are the many followers of Kabbalah mentally ill?
There are a great number of them in Hollywood.

If your statement were true, then all of the above
mentioned are mentally ill.

How about Jimmy Carter? Mentally ill? He is and
was a devout Christian.

Your written statement sounds like bigotry and
prejudice so extreme as to be paranoid and delusional
when it comes to religion and religious people.

Over the last 100 years, Islam is the only religion
that advocates killing or physically punishing gay people,
or that advocates physically punished women for
how they dress. The projection upon other religions
is part of how people are defending these practices
and defending Islam.

Your statement is actually in a twisted way supportive
of Islamic physical cruelty by saying all religions engage in mentally ill behavior,

Do you see other religions within the last 100 years,
doing the following in the name of their religion and
the behavior is supported by entire countries and
religious leaders who run countries behind the scene?[/]
Sex slavery, actual slavery
beheading non-believers
burning people alive for not believing
killing gay people for being gay
killing/or lashing women for being raped

edit on 11Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:36:59 -0500am102310amk235 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You have the US giving Afghanistan a pass when they rape young boys. Why should anyone get worked up over this?

Because Bacha bazi is cultural.

Take it up with the United Nations.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The things they do are terrible, I understand what you are trying to say about how people will react on here, maybe people just can't deal with having such barbaric behaviour in modern times as it is so against our values and beliefs in the West. The only thing I would say I'm only 48 years of age and caning was still around when I was at secondary school here in the UK. Also, if we look in the Bible there have been many barbaric acts throughout history. When I used to live in Malta there had been terrible things done there in the name of religion as well, the gruesome Inquistors Castle is still there today, Malta being predominantly Catholic.

So all religions have had their fair share of barbaric acts if we are not to be hypocritical. However, most have developed and changed in the West to get us where we are today where we think things like this are terrible. It would appear Islam is just a few hundred years behind time.a reply to: Christosterone

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

edit on 11Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:49:23 -0500am102310amk235 by grandmakdw because: accidental double post

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

I'm not so sure that's the case. There is much more evidence, scientific and otherwise, suggesting there are no deities, than there is to suggest there are. Also, I lack any belief in unicorns and fairies too. So am I acting on faith there is likely no such creatures? Or am I acting on evidence that points to a high probability of there being no such things?

As a species, we tend to happily embrace the possibility of extraterrestrial life but, immediately deny gods... all while knowing that thousands of years ago, had humanity encountered life from elsewhere, they would not have likely been tagged as... um, ET.

Using the hypothetical that ET's may be the "gods" of old. That still doesn't make them deities, just because our ancestors gave them the title of gods and goddesses. So, being open to the idea of life outside our planet, and believing in deities are two completely different things. I don't have an issue with intelligent life from elsewhere. I have a big issue with bestowing deity on them.

Animosity today is focused on the very concept of their being a lifeforms greater than ourselves... but it is also based on what one calls them. If it is God or Allah or Jehovah, it is immediately cast aside with anger. But, if its a Terminator or an Alien ready to lay a batch of face-hugger eggs? We love 'em to death.

Aliens are simply more realistic than deities.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I'm not trying to say anything,
My post was clear and the meaning easy to glean....

My point was/is that a culture of hypocrisy exists on ATS when comparing Islam to the other major religions on earth...

-Christosterone

You hit a major chord when it comes to ATS members.

They don't realize that when they compare what is
sanctioned by entire governments in the Islamic world
(killing gays, stoning women for being raped,
etc. we all know the atrocities)
to what Christians are doing in the US,
they are being Islamic apologists
and excusing the behavior of the Islamic extremists
by trying to normalize it

as indicative of, they say all religions,
which would include Buddhism, Hindu, Taoism,
Dali Lama, as well as Christianity.

By being ludicrous and saying all Christians
make their governments kill or lash gay people,
etc, as happens in Islamic run countries;
is simply an endorsement of the behavior
and supporting the behavior of the extremists
Islamist's and their governments
as excusable and and that we should understand
their culture.

edit on 11Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:47:04 -0500am102310amk235 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but.....I've noticed your posting quite a few comments in which you appear to be quite worked up about Muslim treatment of women, etc. That's o.k., its your life, but.........you do realize that the application of Sharia law in these countries is generally limited to other Muslims? They aren't going to cane someone who isn't Muslim for failing to join in Friday prayers. Its not really like you and yours are ever going to be affected by any of this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join