It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightened Sharia: Cane the gays...and women of course

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Christosterone

Why should anyone get worked up over this?

I have a gay sibling...forgive me if I take offense to a government criminalizing who my sibling chooses to love.

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Bravo! And that's the case with ALL Sharia law. It's always applied to Muslims only. And here in the states, it only applies to Muslims that WANT to live under it, and only then, if it doesn't break US law. Other Muslims are free to adhere only to US law.

This Sharia Law Fear is a big boogie man.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: grandmakdw

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but.....I've noticed your posting quite a few comments in which you appear to be quite worked up about Muslim treatment of women, etc. That's o.k., its your life, but.........you do realize that the application of Sharia law in these countries is generally limited to other Muslims? They aren't going to cane someone who isn't Muslim fotr failing to join in Friday prayers. Its not really like you and yours are ever going to be affected by any of this.

As a woman,
I abhor it when there are laws that subjugate women.
I abhor it when people stand up for the right to abuse women or make them sex slaves.

Staying silent is a form of endorsing
these and other abusive and cruel things that
are done to women,
regardless if it is done for religious reasons or for cultural reasons.

Why do you think I should not care about the horrific abuse
heaped on women in the ME that is sanctioned by governments
and has penalties carried out by governments?

Why should I stay silent?

edit on 11Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:59:16 -0500am102310amk235 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I have a gay sibling...forgive me if I take offense to a government criminalizing who my sibling chooses to love.

Well, I'm a woman and I don't take offense. But I know people are always looking for things to be offended about in the PC culture we live in.

LOL!

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: TonyS

Bravo! And that's the case with ALL Sharia law. It's always applied to Muslims only. And here in the states, it only applies to Muslims that WANT to live under it, and only then, if it doesn't break US law. Other Muslims are free to adhere only to US law.

This Sharia Law Fear is a big boogie man.

If that is the case why are you terrified
of a coming Christian Theocracy?
You have said as much in other threads.
This is not going to happen.

Any more than Shariah will be
forced on the US.

But, you are wrong that it only applies to Muslims,
it applies to everyone who lives in an Islamic Theocracy,
it applies to those who enter what is termed
"no go" zones in Europe. What "no go" means,
since I lived there.
Is that if you enter the zone, you are under
Shariah law, don't go into the zone if you
don't want to be under Shariah law.
Anyone can go in the zone, but once in
it everyone must abide by Shariah law,
regardless of the laws of the country the
zone is in.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but.....I've noticed your posting quite a few comments in which you appear to be quite worked up about Muslim treatment of women, etc. That's o.k., its your life, but.........you do realize that the application of Sharia law in these countries is generally limited to other Muslims? They aren't going to cane someone who isn't Muslim fotr failing to join in Friday prayers. Its not really like you and yours are ever going to be affected by any of this.

As a woman,
I abhor it when people stand up for the right to abuse women or make them sex slaves.

Staying silent is a form of endorsing these and other abusive and cruel things that
are done to women, regardless if it is done for religious reasons or for cultural reasons.

Christianity, as well as its predecessor Judaism, has subjugated women since day one. I don't see you ranting and railing against those Christian men who use scripture as an excuse to dominate women for the past few thousand years. Seems to me, you have a double standard.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
All religion is suppressive. Some way more than others.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

As a woman,

are done to women,

So....putting the shoe on the other foot. When members of Muslim society decry the way western women dress as being demeaning to women..........do you remain silent or do you suggest its none of their business since they are of a different culture and are free to wear the hijab or whatever to entirely cover themselves in public?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

As a woman,

Staying silent is a form of endorsing these and other abusive and cruel things that
are done to women, regardless if it is done for religious reasons or for cultural reasons.

Christianity, as well as its predecessor Judaism, has subjugated women since day one. I don't see you ranting and railing against those Christian men who use scripture as an excuse to dominate women for the past few thousand years. Seems to me, you have a double standard.

You are so wrong.

My husband has worked hard developing men's conferences
which have been attended by thousands, that teach men
that a real Christian man does not dominate women, but
works side by side as and equal with women.

Your ideas are antiqued and out of touch with mainstream
Christianity, there are always wacko outliers as with any
religion, like the people who beat their children in church.
They should go to jail as should everyone who sat in the
church and watched.

Your paranoia about Christians and Christianity
and your lack of knowledge about modern
Christians is astounding.

I also teach Marriage classes at my church,
and teach MEN that abuse or domination
is wrong that married couples are partners
in life, co-equals.

Your bigotry about Christians in the US and what
the majority of modern Christians in Western countries
think is appalling.

edit on 12Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:06:42 -0500pm102310pmk235 by grandmakdw because: spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but.....I've noticed your posting quite a few comments in which you appear to be quite worked up about Muslim treatment of women, etc. That's o.k., its your life, but.........you do realize that the application of Sharia law in these countries is generally limited to other Muslims? They aren't going to cane someone who isn't Muslim for failing to join in Friday prayers. Its not really like you and yours are ever going to be affected by any of this.

Seriously?!?!?
Did you quote chamberlain or just paraphrase while subbing out Islam for Nazi....

It's your type of isolationist pacifism that will doom the high societies of the west to fall while a retrograde "religion" whose sensibilities reside squarely in the 7th century will roll over our once mighty societies..

Where have you gone, Charles Martel? Oh to have your hammer....

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

People here in the US are so quick to defend Islam because they only know of the .8% of the American people who are Muslims and who are generally ordinary people and not dangerous at all. They don't seem to understand or be aware of stories like this. Either that or they are cultural relativists. There seems to be a lack of understanding that there is a difference between the Muslims who are culturally Westerners or First Worlders and those in countries like Egypt, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, etc.

The evils of these ideologies, be they driven by religion, culture, etc, need to be spoken out about as much as possible. The more interconnected the world becomes with technology the more people can rail against stuff like this and such plainly backwards behaviors/punishments will be less tolerated. And yes, such oppressive and unequal cultures/religions are backwards morally speaking.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If that is the case why are you terrified
of a coming Christian Theocracy?

That's your words, not mine. I'm not terrified or even afraid. It won't happen in the US and I have said that. What I have said in other threads is that there is a concerted effort of people in high places to make theocratic laws.

And we would ALL have to follow these theocratic laws! If these laws were applied only to Christians (as Sharia Law is applied only to Muslims) I wouldn't care at all.

But, you are wrong that it only applies to Muslims,
it applies to everyone who lives in an Islamic Theocracy,

The source in the OP made it clear that these laws apply only in one province, and only to Muslims.

Aceh is considered more devout than other areas of Muslim-majority Indonesia and is the only province allowed to observe a version of Islamic Shariah law.
The law applies to all Muslims. Non-Muslims, who account for about 1 percent of the province's population, can choose whether they wish to follow the provincial law or the national criminal code, Abbas said.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

As a woman,

are done to women,

So....putting the shoe on the other foot. When members of Muslim society decry the way western women dress as being demeaning to women..........do you remain silent or do you suggest its none of their business since they are of a different culture and are free to wear the hijab or whatever to entirely cover themselves in public?

Women, all women are free to wear WHATEVER they want
and what THEY choose to wear, as long as it is what they
want to do and they aren't being forced into it.

However, I do agree that covering the entire face is not good
for security reasons. And covering the entire face is not
called for in the Koran and is not a requirement of being Muslim.

Should we allow everyone to wear full ski masks and drive and
go into public places with full ski masks on? I don't think it should
be allowed either, and this has nothing to do with religion.

I was on a cruise with a mail order bride who was crying in the
restroom. Her new "husband" forced her to wear clothes
that a prostitute on the street hustling would normally wear.
I was furious and felt for her. She should not have been forced
to wear those clothes anymore than a Muslim woman who
chooses not to wear a hijab.

But if the clothes had been her choice, that would have
been none of my business. All I could do for the poor woman,
who felt so humiliated was inform other women so we
could band together and include her in conversation
and activities to try and help her feel better.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Lets not pretend that GLBTQ+ people don't get murdered all the time here, or it wasn't that long a go when it was "Illegal to be GLBTQ+"

People are still fighting about controlling the rights of Women here, Or that American Christians are not a driving force behind Uganda Killing GLBtQ+ people

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why should anyone get worked up over this?

-Christosterone

I agree. Sorry. I didn't place a sarcasm note to my post.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Titen-Sxull

Report: Minnesota girls, women among most at-risk for genital mutilation

www.unfpa.org...

The bureau’s report found the number of women at-risk in the U.S. has more than doubled over the past decade. The data was released in conjunction with the United Nations’ International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation.

www.euronews.com...

Female genital mutilation (FGM) is estimated to affect up to 680,000 women and girls in Europe but yet just a handful of people have been prosecuted, Euronews can reveal.

The failure of authorities to respond has “likely resulted in the preventable mutilation of thousands of girls”, according to a UK parliament report.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, first off. I said those men who do. Not those who don't. Secondly, I think it is you who is out of touch with modern Christianity. Your brand of Christianity is not only NOT the majority. It is only one of thousands of sects. But the people I was talking about were those in leadership, of which there are many, who are closet misogynists. You rail against Islam, but you have forgotten to take the log out of your own eye ahead of time. When Christians start denouncing and defrocking those in their leadership who are bigots and misogynists, then they will have room to pronounce judgement on Islam and other religions.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
Lets not pretend that GLBTQ+ people don't get murdered all the time here, or it wasn't that long a go when it was "Illegal to be GLBTQ+"

People are still fighting about controlling the rights of Women here, Or that American Christians are not a driving force behind Uganda Killing GLBtQ+ people

So you support the right of Islamists to kill gays
for being gay according to their law,
because it is not Christians who have made this law,
but non-Christians.
You support the right of Indonesia to lash gay people
according to their law, because Christians didn't make the law?
That is certainly what your statement looks like

I can tell you, and you know,
that I don't care who is gay
or who is LGBTQ+
live and let live
and I am a conservative Christian,
marry 5 people if you want to.

By saying that Christians are doing "whatever"
over a hundred years go or Christians
in Uganda are "whatever",
that gives Islamists permission to do it?
Or that one can not condemn Islamist's
killing or lashing gays because another
group you hate with a passion is doing it?

What you are doing is called being apologist
for Islamic persecution of gays,
because you think there are people you hate doing what
the Islamist's are doing, so you have to point out
that someone else is doing it, and by extension
it tacitly excuses the Islamist's from the behavior.

Your deflection to Christians amounts to supporting the rights of Islamists
to kill and lash people for being gay or women for being raped.

When one says "they are doing" whatever
it is an excuse for the bad behavior
and an endorsement for anyone to
engage in the bad behavior.

It's like a little kid,
Jimmy threw a rock at Johnny
so then when Sam threw a rock
at Johnny, he shouldn't get in
trouble for it, because Jimmy
did it to.
Such schoolyard thinking.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sounds like they want to participate in some S&M and get away with it under the camouflage of religion.

I mean, seriously, giving chicks in tight clothes a little spanky, who is not down with that?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
What a load of guff. You obviously don't read any world newspaper. Sharia law only applied to Muslims!!!!
Go tell that to the British man who was going to be flogged for having homemade wine in his car boot in Saudi9 That's after having spent a year in jail) he wasn't Muslim. What about the woman who they were going to execute for kissing a married man (both the man and the woman non Muslims). The list is endless.
As for Grandmakdw trying to defend Muslim women it is because Muslim women cannot defend themselves.
Yes there are female mutilations in the UK and the USA but you will find that they are ALL perpitrated on girls in families that have moved to these countries from their backward countries and want to carry on their "traditions", illegally by the way, than adopt the laws of their new host country. THAT'S why they cause such trouble because they WILL NOT integrate and follow the laws of their hosts. And that goes for Muslims who want sharia law in the UK and the USA.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join