It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Pharmaceutical company offers alternative to price-hiked medication offered by controversial entrepreneur
* San Diego-based Imprimis Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a compound drug maker
* They have manufactured a drug with the same active ingredients in Daraprim, pyrimethamine and leucovorin
* The price of Daraprim was risen 5000 percent by Turing Pharmaceuticals
* Imprimis will sell a 100-capsule bottle for $99
* Daraprim treats a rare parasitic infection called toxoplasmosis that mainly strikes pregnant women, cancer patients and AIDS patients
* The New York Attorney General is investigating Turing Pharmaceuticals because the company might be 'unlawfully' restraining competition
* Turing is reportedly distributing Daraprim only through a limited number of specialty pharmacies to stop manufactures making generic versions
Stepping into the furor over eye-popping price spikes for old generic medicines, a maker of compounded drugs will begin selling $1 doses of Daraprim, whose price recently was jacked up to $750 per pill by Turing Pharmaceuticals.
San Diego-based Imprimis Pharmaceuticals Inc., which mixes approved drug ingredients to fill individual patient prescriptions, said Thursday it will supply capsules containing Daraprim's active ingredients, pyrimethamine and leucovorin, for $99 for a 100-capsule bottle - or $1 per capsule.
Source: www.dailymail.co.uk... l
originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt
a reply to: real_one
whats his number?