It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How exactly was Jesus' crucifixion a sacrifice?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
originally posted by: cooperton
originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Lucid Lunacy: You and your kin are free to believe every single human is 'wicked'. I do not.

cooperton: Humans aren't wicked by nature... we choose to do wicked things through our free will... hence the importance of Repentance (meaning to change your mind).

There is no free will as you think it exists. You are either God Aspect and are working through its will or you realize you are God Particle and if so are working within its will through you. You are not in charge of what you think is your own will and are arrogant to think so.
edit on 25-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So, just so that I fully understand this.
God sent himself to Earth to Be killed, in order that the sins that he had placed on us in the first place, would then be washed away by him pretending to die, when he knew that he wouldn't really?

Why not just say "The slate is clean"?

Why is there always the need for this brutality and bloody killing?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jc333
in order that the sins that he had placed on us

Nope

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

God sent himself to Earth to Be killed, in order that the sins that he had placed on us in the first place, would then be washed away by him pretending to die, when he knew that he wouldn't really?

Therein lies the opportunity of a stranger danger/murder man idea form to manifest. All sins are absolved; so one can commit malfeasance at whim and will be forgiven. The premise of all sins perpetrated by humans (past/present/future) will be automatically forgiven by Jesus upon his sacrifice? Crazy town ideology.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
; "Get them to look this other way instead, *DISTRACT THEM*" in order to NOT see the truth of all things right under ones nose.

So what is the 'truth' that we are missing?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I find it humorous you're skeptic of Ghost's post yet you're willing to believe the outlandish and biologically impossible claim that Adam's son Seth lived to the age of 912.

I find it humorous that you are skeptic of the Bible's claims, all the while accepting the evolutionary claim that you descend from a being not much dissimilar from a bacteria, which through fortuitous accumulation of mutations slowly became what you are today. Yet, the Biblical claim would be perfectly within the evolutionary theory, if you only would grant the assumption that humans might once have possessed the genetic capability to live many hundreds of years, but lost it since then due to some random mutation that had a deleterious effect. If one of your priests in lab coats made the very same claim tomorrow, you would not think twice before accepting it as gospel truth.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Thank you for your magnificently concise yet erudite reply.

I shall ponder it's depths for many hours.

edit on 25/10/15 by Jc333 because: .

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Actually they had 3 sons. It would be intellectually honest to know what you are arguing against.

But anyway, they only mentioned the patriline (lineage through the first son) for the beginning of humankind's lineage. They did not mention daughters, but it was implied, obviously.

I see the effort in you, but you are lacking, brother. Adam did not have three sons.

3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. 4 After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. - Genesis 5:3-4.

Actually, aging is considered a "disease" by many scientists because the decay/aging process is intuitively unnatural. The human body has all the necessary mechanisms to sustain itself indefinitely, so what happened to us that is causing us to decay? Science has no answer, but there is this:

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years." (Gen 6:3)

Later on in that chapter, it is said that this 120-some year limit is due to wickedness.

In this, too, you are incorrect. While you are correct that scientists do not know why we age and die, the passage you cite does not deal with an age limit for humans. It deals with God's planned date for the Great Flood.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Do you know the difference between Spirit and Soul?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

He has to follow his own rules in order to keep his legitimacy as 'supreme judge'?

He must have been really drunk and completely forgotten all about that when he broke the 6th Commandment during the global flood and Sodom and Gomorrah catastrophe. Also these.

I say we vote in a new judge.

No rule was broken during any of those events. Even the Mosaic Law itself had multiple situations listed when it was legitimate to take someone else's life.

Again, as I said multiple times before, you are entitled to your own opinion. I beg to differ.

You and your kin are free to believe every single human is 'wicked'. I do not.

You clearly do not deal with humans in a regular basis if you believe otherwise.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

See here and here.

I am too tired to write it all over again.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

vhb: "Get them to look this other way instead, *DISTRACT THEM*" in order to NOT see the truth of all things right under ones nose.

AugustusMasonicus: So what is the 'truth' that we are missing?

Your Origin; whom those Demi-Gods are ,that actually manipulated your DNA. You call yourself masonicus; this should be within your wheelhouse, what Jesus was as a signifier idea implant (Essene).

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Your Origin; whom those Demi-Gods are ,that actually manipulated your DNA. You call yourself masonicus; this should be within your wheelhouse, what Jesus was as a signifier idea implant (Essene).

Good grief. Is this some sort of ancient aliens pseudo science garbage?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leahn

You clearly do not deal with humans in a regular basis if you believe otherwise.

You seems to deal with very religious folks, so I could see why you think that way...

BTW, as for your previous answer to my question, if Adam and Eve in beginning had 2 sons, one of them killed his brother, (so essentially he killed 25% of human race at the time) and they had few kids later... still lost, did they all make rest of humans from poor sisters?? What kind of monster would not provide, if he is all powerful and don't like sin... or should he be responsible for first sins as well??

Just makes me wonder, how can you read the book and not think how horrible whole idea was?! Or how huge ribs Adam had in beginning...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leahn

See here and here.

I am too tired to write it all over again.

Thank you.

So, I have the choice between metaphysical unprovable babble and esoteric unprovable babble?

I respectfully decline both of your kind offers. I'll stick with an answer which doesn't require convoluted solutions.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Leahn

I find it humorous that you are skeptic of the Bible's claims

Of course you do. You value faith over evidence.

I don't believe an all-loving god would condone murdering people for trivial reasons, that early humans lived nearly 1000 years, that Earth predates all the stars in the Universe, that plants can thrive without a Sun, that a person can live inside a whale for 3 days, that someone can walk on water and then turn that water into an alcoholic beverage with magic...

I don't believe that because I value evidence over faith.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

...that someone can walk on water and then turn that water into an alcoholic beverage with magic..

If that story were actually true that person would be so worthy of my adoration and worship.

I would make him turn my tap water into Balvenie 21.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would make him turn my tap water into Balvenie 21.

Now this is a religion I can get behind!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: troubleshooter
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Do you know the difference between Spirit and Soul?

Soul: the principle of life feeling; thought and actions as a human; regarded as a distinct entity separate from body and commonly held to be separate from the physical.
Spirit: The principal of conscious of life. The vital principle in humans that animates between body and soul. ENCORPOREAL What is your best guess troubleshooter?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

vhb: Your Origin; whom those Demi-Gods are ,that actually manipulated your DNA. You call yourself masonicus; this should be within your wheelhouse, what Jesus was as a signifier idea implant (Essene).

AugustusMasonicu: Good grief. Is this some sort of ancient aliens pseudo science garbage?

I suppose you are not allowed or supposed to participate is all.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join