It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US planes violate Iranian airspace: reports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
"TEHRAN (AFP) Jan 03, 2005
US warplanes flying out of bases in Afghanistan and Iraq have committed a string of violations of Iranian airspace, Iranian press reports said Monday.
According to the Aftab newspaper, the latest violation came on Saturday when a US fighter flew at low altitude over an area in the northeastern province of Khorrasan which borders Afghanistan.

Other press reports said the overflight followed a recent intrusion by F-16 and F-18 fighters over the southwestern province of Khuzestan which borders southern Iraq. Papers said the planes appeared to be spying on nuclear sites."

www.spacewar.com...

While the world is "occupied" with being noble GW keeps his eye on "target". We now have another major battle group in the Indian ocean doing "humanitarian" aid...........for now.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Question: Is the U.S. sending the Mullahs a message or are the theocrats exercising the only real power they hold; scaring thier own people about the Americans?
Just asking. Don't issue a fatwah calling for me to be killed!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
Question: Is the U.S. sending the Mullahs a message or are the theocrats exercising the only real power they hold; scaring thier own people about the Americans?
Just asking. Don't issue a fatwah calling for me to be killed!

Good ?. Wish I had the answer. The reality is the US will invade Iran. The F-16 fly overs were to probe air defense capability

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Good ?. Wish I had the answer. The reality is the US will invade Iran. The F-16 fly overs were to probe air defense capability

well,
if you think invading iraq was a bad idea,
wait untill your "sons of liberty" visit iran.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

well,
if you think invading iraq was a bad idea,
wait untill your "sons of liberty" visit iran.

Never thought invading Iraq was bad. Just how PC the war is going. Airpower-airpower-airpower. Bomb the place to dust. Then let the Marine's shoot what left laying around.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Time isn't right for a move against Iran, the US is in deep in Iraq, if they invaded Iran they would win sure. But the situation as it is now in Iraq would be duplicated in Iran. I'm not sure how much the US is spending in Iraq per day but I'm sure its running into the tens of Millions. I'm not sure the US economy could stand the expense, contrary to popular belief the US does not have a bottomless pit of money.
Also anyone who believes that things will ease off after the elections is sadly mistaken. If anything the insurgents will view any Government, regardless of what party they represent, as puppets for the US. For them this is some kind of Holy Crusade and i don't believe they care who comes to power. Its going to be very difficult for the US to withdraw and any invasion of Iran will rely on a ground invasion from Iraq should it become necessary. So whoever wins the elections in Iraq the US will still be there.
So the insurgents will continue what they are doing now until the last US forces leave Iraq for good and i cant see that happening for a few years yet.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Never thought invading Iraq was bad. Just how PC the war is going. Airpower-airpower-airpower. Bomb the place to dust. Then let the Marine's shoot what left laying around.

oh yea its that easy, just like in a computer war simulation.
what about now, that your marines are beeing killed every day by some "pockets of resistance"? where are the bombs to get rid of them? you will never be able to bomb everybody to hell, didnt you learn that in vietnam? bombing the crap out of civilians and rice fields, while all the vietnamese armed forces were hiding under ground in a network of tunnels and bunkers.

you can kill the poeple
but you can not control them.

learn that once and for all!!!

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

oh yea its that easy, just like in a computer war simulation.
what about now, that your marines are beeing killed every day by some "pockets of resistance"? where are the bombs to get rid of them? you will never be able to bomb everybody to hell, didnt you learn that in vietnam? bombing the # out of civilians and rice fields, while all the vietnamese armed forces were hiding under ground in a network of tunnels and bunkers.

you can kill the poeple
but you can not control them.

learn that once and for all!!!

Modern tech does allow the bombing of specific targets. Simply place a chip in the hands of all civilians. Then bomb everyone else. If the chip don't beep....bomb or shoot to kill.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Simply place a chip in the hands of all civilians. Then bomb everyone else. If the chip don't beep....bomb or shoot to kill.

and this is your solution?
no comment...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
People you crack me up with planning of wars while sitting comfy at home on your computers unfolding your maps of how the US should invade and win in Iran.

Reality check, we have not won anything in Iraq yet. And for Iran, I hope you people are of good age still to fight in Iran if our war happy president decide to make another blunder.

Even my husband is starting to prepare for the event, after being retired for 6 years, he even brought it up after one of his co-workers was called back on active duty when he retired the same year as my husband. Yeah, our administration is running out of bodies.

Funny, so easy for any of you people out there to play war with the lives of others as long as is not any of you.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People you crack me up with planning of wars while sitting comfy at home on your computers unfolding your maps of how the US should invade and win in Iran.

Reality check, we have not won anything in Iraq yet. And for Iran, I hope you people are of good age still to fight in Iran if our war happy president decide to make another blunder.

Even my husband is starting to prepare for the event, after being retired for 6 years, he even brought it up after one of his co-workers was called back on active duty when he retired the same year as my husband. Yeah, our administration is running out of bodies.

Funny, so easy for any of you people out there to play war with the lives of others as long as is not any of you.

Well Marg being a reservist myself i have had my Kit packed for a while now. Yes i have had first hand experience of War, not in Iraq but in the Balkans so i like your Husband am waiting for the call up orders to land on my doorstep. Ive been out for almost 10 years now so i suppose there are people who have been out less time than i have who will get the call before me.
Its getting so my Wife is getting to the mail before i am to see if there is any mail from Her Majesty. The call may come, it may not but if it does i will go.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I really cannot see another war start till we are done in Iraq, that will be sometime.

Note, there is no war in Iraq, war has been over for almost two years now, March will be two years.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I really cannot see another war start till we are done in Iraq, that will be sometime.

That's what many said about Iraq when we were in Afghanistan (and still are)....

Fearless George will not give a damn, rest assurred, we'll likely be in Iran before the year is out... Granted, the case of Iran's support of terrorism is much easier to make. Of course now though, he's a bit like the boy who cried "wolf" after the WMD debacle....

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Granted, the case of Iran's support of terrorism is much easier to make.

Do you think that whats going on in Iraq, is war on Terrorism?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

That's what many said about Iraq when we were in Afghanistan (and still are)....

Fearless George will not give a damn, rest assurred, we'll likely be in Iran before the year is out... Granted, the case of Iran's support of terrorism is much easier to make. Of course now though, he's a bit like the boy who cried "wolf" after the WMD debacle....

I think he will announce the war with Iran (1) minute after he is sworn in. The ole'......"the bombs are dropping" line. The WMD's were taken and hidden by russian special forces while GW was begging the UN for permission.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus

Well Marg being a reservist myself i have had my Kit packed for a while now. Yes i have had first hand experience of War, not in Iraq but in the Balkans so i like your Husband am waiting for the call up orders to land on my doorstep. Ive been out for almost 10 years now so i suppose there are people who have been out less time than i have who will get the call before me.
Its getting so my Wife is getting to the mail before i am to see if there is any mail from Her Majesty. The call may come, it may not but if it does i will go.

The problem is that when it comes to retirees at least the Marines, has not been letters on the mail, but E-mails, telling them that they have to renew their ID cards, that is how my husband co-worker found out, in lest than two weeks he was activated with his ID, had a physical packed and sent to Jejeune for training and then Iraq.

This happened in December, and my husband has another co-worker also retired on the same year, he is waiting too. My husband last night told me that he was ready to re enter active duty, while I was getting his clothes ready for a business trip to Quantico, VA. I looked at him and he was death serious, I asked him if he knows something that I did not, and he said that it has been more activation of retired Marines with 6 years and now it has nothing to do with specialty jobs.

What it bothers me is how quiet they are keeping this random calls.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hello all,

I have read the comments in this area and WOW....we are starting off with a crazy outlook for 2005 to say the least.

I will pray for peace (like that will help), but the one thing I will pray for most is for the WAR(s) to end.

Let's all try to pressure our goverments to halt the spread of this war, to possible Iran, N.Korea etc. Because if we do the US may lose and lose big. And if they lose we will all lose (even the middle east).

I have a hard time believing that Iran and N.Korea would simply fold like Iraq did.....don't forget N.Korea "has" Nucular Bomb....and would bet Iran also has this. So if America does continue with it's plan to spread "Freedom" into other countries, they should keep in mind the cost of not only 100,000's of lifes but the cost of losing.

We must also remember that the difference between Iraq and other countries are "largely" different. And for arguments sake lets' say they do win the first phase of a military battle. What about the plan after that, just to remind everyone there are no more "Journalists" imbededed in the front lines in Iraq now (a good indication that the fight ain't going so well).

So to all the people out there that think that a easy win in countries like N.Korea and/or Iran, you have already lost with that attitude (never, never underestimate y'r enemy). Not t'a mention the will of the people and the armies in those countries, a will that would ignight the might of the people, organized in a way that would shock America, the people in these countries are very organized and simply put......strong and the armies are equal as strong...and pound for pound, stronger than the US.

Not to mention this spread of "freedom" at what cost.....like in Iraq.....easily 100,000 people dead, similar to the tsumai that just hit asia.
I am a person for "freedom" no question about it, but to simply destroy a country and kill 100,000's people is a cost to great, and remember no matter what "G_d" you believe in "we all must die, and face G_od" even if you don't beleive. So try to do y'r part in helping others and even if you feel the war is a good thing.....all I ask is think of the children (for the kids).

thanx for reading,
Your friend always (no matter w'r y'r from),
Sven
A good Canadian

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Foolish peeps�..

This has ALWAYS been a war against Iran and the Bathist party. Those are the folks that declared war on us long ago and have been fighting low-intensity proxy wars against the U.S. for some 30 years now. Ever since the fall of the Shaw of Iran we have been at war with that country.

OBL has simply given us an opportunity to bring this war to a final conclusion.

The invasion of Afghanistan was to break Iranian AND Pakistani control in that area and establish one half of the giant pincer movement we are conducting. Iraq was the other pincer in this movement. Iran is now boxed in, with battlefield initiative on our side.

It really doesn�t matter to us one whit if Iraq has a democratic government. It matters that the insurgency has no base of operations and that the violence remains at a low level of intensity. There will always be Arab Muslims willing to blow themselves up for some stupid reason or another. We recognize that and understand we are 1-2 generations from Iraq becoming a stable country. So we accept the situation but use the more stable areas in the region to set up our power base.

The real operations have always been focused on IRAN. IRAN is our great enemy in the Islamic world. Saudi is easy to intimidate and control, Syria is isolated and weakened, and the other Arab countries do not have forces worth mentioning. However, Iran is working towards becoming a nuclear power, something the US and Israel will not tolerate or allow.

They also fund a majority of these terrorists and terrorists acts throughout the region. They are a cancer that will be removed. Bush knows this, the world knows this but some in this board seem to be ignorant of it.

Once Iran falls the organized insurgency in Iraq is dead. Osama will be discredited with three major Arab world governments having collapsed due to his actions�how many friends do you think he�ll have after that?

The terrorists are fighting tooth and nail in Iraq because they know this. They know if they cannot turn the tide in Iraq they are finished.

The Syrian government will have another bloody coup and power purge, I�m surprised it has not happened already.

FYI: I don�t see where a long-term insurgency could be fueled from if we invade Iran. The Mullahs are pretty much despised and Iran�s younger generation is ready to join the world. Remember, Iran is NOT a Arab country it is Persian, which are a much better breed of folks IMHO. Once the Arab influence is removed from Iran the Persians might just instigate a nice little purge.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
Foolish peeps�..

Why must you insult, before you give an opinion?

[edit on 3-1-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
foolish child

The real operations have always been focused on IRAN. IRAN is our great enemy in the Islamic world. Saudi is easy to intimidate and control, Syria is isolated and weakened, and the other Arab countries do not have forces worth mentioning. However, Iran is working towards becoming a nuclear power, something the US and Israel will not tolerate or allow.

wow so harsh words
yet so full of *cough*

never seen the US cry that out in the last couple of years
so where did you get it from ( dream it up ? )

IRAN is our great enemy in the Islamic world.

what you saying there?
that the US is at war with the islamic world and is trying to take out the big players first?

However, Iran is working towards becoming a nuclear power, something the US and Israel will not tolerate or allow.

so why is the US so worried never seen iran thraeten the US just the oppasite with the US threatening it ( maybe israel would have to worry since it wouldnt be able to swing its weight around like its god given right )

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join