It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Haldron Collider Hope to Make Contact with Parallel Universe in Days

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Wishful thinking.

Black holes require an immeasurable amount of energy to be created-there is no way we can create that amount of energy in a controlled condition.

I thought they already or planning on or did create black holes ..

well, Micro Black Holes .. on a Fraction Scale .. of Stability

Detection of mini black holes at the LHC could indicate parallel universes in extra dimensions
March 18, 2015 by Lisa Zyga
phys.org...

Speaking of Micro Black Holes ...

According to the All Mighty WIKI !

Some hypotheses involving additional space dimensions predict that micro black holes could be formed at energies as low as the TeV range, which are available in particle accelerators such as the LHC (Large Hadron Collider). Popular concerns have then been raised over end-of-the-world scenarios (see Safety of particle collisions at the Large Hadron Collider). However, such quantum black holes would instantly evaporate, either totally or leaving only a very weakly interacting residue. Beside the theoretical arguments, the cosmic rays bombarding the Earth do not produce any damage, although they reach center of mass energies in the range of hundreds of TeV.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 62015SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago10296 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

LHC SCHEDULE 2015
espace.cern.ch...
edit on 62015SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago10296 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: ErosA433

No portal has been made, and the concept of power here is used incorrectly. If black holes/portals are formed at 13TeV we would not expect the earth to be here, or we would expect to see nice signatures of these micro blackholes fizzing out at the top of the atmosphere. 

So they do have the technology to track those micro black holes?

And if this occurs, would it stay there and won't gravity be that strong that this might enlarge itself due to strong gravitational force ?

Well the point im making is that by the definition, if you can create one at the LHC, there should be many of them forming in the atmosphere and giving very specific radiaiton signatures... as they are not, then we can at least say that should it occur, it is not dangerous.

It is also not really relevant tracking the object, since it is not THAT object which is tracked in a detector such as ATLAS. You track the decay products. Given the likelihood of producing said black hole is in my oppinon, so small it is not worth thinking too much about in terms of fears. The gravitational attraction would be localized, it would not suddenly swing anyone off the Earth or change anything at all
edit on 24-10-2015 by ErosA433 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: maybee I wonder the same thing...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I want to see if politicians are as corrupt and avaricious in their 'parallel' forms as they are here...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInhumanCentipede
you know the difference between a politician and a flounder....one a bottom feeding scum sucker,the other is a fish.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ
Click me!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433 and peppycat

Totally off topic but it was great to read two people with opposing views have an adult conversation with no condescension or anger culminating in some learning and a thanks! Sadly the internet is devoid of normal adult interaction.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasyPleaseMe
a reply to: ErosA433 and peppycat

Totally off topic but it was great to read two people with opposing views have an adult conversation with no condescension or anger culminating in some learning and a thanks! Sadly the internet is devoid of normal adult interaction.
sorry I didn't know how to respond, yes we are able to be civil... part of being here on ATS.
Thank you for observing and the compliment.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join