It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Haldron Collider Hope to Make Contact with Parallel Universe in Days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The staggeringly complex LHC ‘atom smasher’ at the CERN centre in Geneva, Switzerland, will be fired up to its highest energy levels ever in a bid to detect – or even create – miniature black holes.

If successful a completely new universe will be revealed – rewriting not only the physics books but the philosophy books too.

It is even possible that gravity from our own universe may ‘leak’ into this parallel universe, scientists at the LHC say.

The experiment is sure to inflame alarmist critics of the LHC, many of whom initially warned the high energy particle collider would spell the end of our universe with the creation a black hole of its own.

LHC Parallel Universe

Ok, so we all know the two possible outcomes; either we destroy our universe, or make contact with another one. We've all seen this movie before. In all seriousness I think we are close to a big breakthrough. They are actually very close to producing the amount of energy that has been calculated to create a black hole.

When the LHC is fired up the energy is measured in Tera electron volts – a TeV is 1,000,000,000,000, or one trillion, electron Volts

So far, the LHC has searched for mini black holes at energy levels below 5.3 TeV.

But the latest study says this is too low.

Instead, the model predicts that black holes may form at energy levels of at least 9.5 TeV in six dimensions and 11.9 TeV in 10 dimensions.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I believe this story was already posted more than a few days ago. No contact with parallel universes yet. Who would've guessed.

EDIT: here's the link to the other thread, was posted many months ago: Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days
edit on 19/10/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

your making my brain moist

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Doesn't news like this make you wonder if these scientists are all there?

Wouldn't this belief that they might contact a parallel universe be evidence that we should not let them play with anything that can blow up or has high energy potential?

I sure wouldn't let them drive my car.
edit on 19-10-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Scientists at Large Haldron Collider Hope to Make Contact with Parallel Universe in Days

Impossible!
There can be only One ALL inclusive Universe!
Positing more violates Occam's Razor, and is just pathetic!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

One (unchanging, all inclusive) Universal Reality!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I want some of what they're smoking.

Before they create a black hole that kills us all, please and thank you.

edit on 19-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"This might create a black hole that will disintegrate the planet, but the chance that we might contact other dimensions is well worth the gamble."

Someone please get these unethical F*!$ out of there.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Parallel universes are taken very seriously in the scientific community these days. It would go a long way in explaining the behavior of quantum mechanics.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: rickymouse

Parallel universes are taken very seriously in the scientific community these days. It would go a long way in explaining the behavior of quantum mechanics.

You could have a hard time explaining the behavior of four Mechanics that hit the bar after work.

I know, bad pun.
edit on 19-10-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

You don't know what's on the other side of that door.

Somehow I doubt it's quantum theory.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So, according to Science Daily this experiment happened in June 2015.
Here is the link,
www.sciencedaily.com...
We are all still here

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
To put the power levels in perspective, it's approximately the energy exerted by a house fly in flight.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Sooner, rather than later. It's a risk than needs to be taken. If we had shied away from pioneering because it was dangerous, what would we have today? Are we afraid we might sail over the edge of the world?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

There are a couple of scientist that agree they can not make contact with another universes but with another dimensions. Some say there are as many as a dozen or more dimensions "out there" whether physical or spiritual or both only time will tell but IMO playing in this field of science is dangerous and could put the whole planet in danger.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
is there really only two outcomes from this,we open another universe or we all die?
Man now my head hurts from trying to get to grips there are other dimensions and we are going to leave the door open for a right kicking,from something....a universe or a.........?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Can somebody explain to me exactly what the purpose of this multi-billion dollar project is? And what good is it gonna do for humanity opening other parallel realities?

This is just like a plot in a movie scene where the Scientists unknowingly open up the portal that merges to our reality, entities that lurk the abyss...

edit on 20-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Please explain how bangin' stuff together opens a portal to another dimension?

Perhaps someone will be bitten by a radioactive spider and then feel the need to don some weird red and blue 'onesie' pyjamas and swing from building to building, too.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
So, the LHC people are planning on finding an alternative reality in a few days? So will the God of their Reality be the opposite of ours? Antichrist appears, Two Worlds Colliding theirs and ours? Oh this i could write a great book on.

It would be like that movie 'Upside Down' however rather than Rich World vs Poor World it would be ''God's World vs Satan's Domain''. haha sounds so ridiculous but wow book/movie material for sure.

How amusing this dream has become...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Aaah, now I understand why the Mandela effect is affecting so many people around the world

They have merged two universes without knowing, ouch.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

But there is no gods.
The universe is your god, not jesus nor satan, just the plain old mother universe.

(I actually think mother universe is rolling her eyes when she see's us, her kids)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join