It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Haldron Collider Hope to Make Contact with Parallel Universe in Days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Doesn't news like this make you wonder if these scientists are all there?

Wouldn't this belief that they might contact a parallel universe be evidence that we should not let them play with anything that can blow up or has high energy potential?

I sure wouldn't let them drive my car.

I kind of thought the same. I have no clue for sure if it's possible or sci fi. Have no clue if they will ever be successful. But if anyone else said this I have feeling we would be seeing a lot of straight jackets. I guess there is lots of wiggle room when a lot of money and scientists are involved. I wonder if 97% of scientist agree with this?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

No, it makes me wonder why people keep taking crappy sensationalist media reporting on science as gospel (especially on a conspiracy website where people are supposed to be incredulous of the dreaded "MSM").

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

No, it makes me wonder why people keep taking crappy sensationalist media reporting on science as gospel (especially on a conspiracy website where people are supposed to be incredulous of the dreaded "MSM").

I suppose we do need some comedy in the world. We have scientists saying they might bridge the parallel universe on the Sci-fi channel and we have Trump and Clinton on the political channel.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Please no, pretty please no.. Dont, please...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If you guys only knew what this # actually is..

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I could swear I've already read somewhere that they have been creating black holes for a long time it's just they last less then a second.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: buddha I'm not to sure why they need to replicate the big bang theory and think they quite mad. I'm curious where there is information on the scientists are trying to get into another universe, anybody have a link?

Here:

www.ufointernationalprject.com... s/

The exact context is that if they are successful in creating atomic sized black holes, a whole new universe will be opened.

Then they jump to "It is even possible that gravity from our own universe may ‘leak’ into this parallel universe".

edit on 20-10-2015 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell thank you for the explanation and link but, when I tap on the link my tablet says I have no connection and as I just had a big scare from a link that tried to give me a virus I don't want to try the refresh button on that website.
I'll take your explanation to be what the link you provided as true. Thank you

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Super old news (as already pointed out) and also irrelevant the question asked should be "Who are these media morons putting out dumb, none scientific, sensationalist 'articles' "

If you are all afraid of what is happening in at the LCH, this plot should scare the living day lights out of you

by this definition, the universe is trying to make blackholes and talk to an alternative universe at an alarming rate.

To break it down and make it more obvious...

At 1TeV the flux is shown as 1x10^-4, the units on there mean that 1x10^-1 is 1 particle / s m2 Soooo right so roughly the number of particles hitting the atmosphere at 1TeV energy, per second per square meter is about 0.001.

Small? not when you consider that the surface area of the Earth is 5.10072e+14 (at the surface, not at the top of the atmosphere which will be higher
)

So thats roughly 510 Billion interactions at the LHC energy and higher, every second

We are quite safe, and anyone who makes alarmist statements that "these guys shouldnt be trusted omg omg omg...." should look at the note written either side of this forum page, Deny Ignorance and get some education on the subject

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ypperst
a reply to: awareness10

But there is no gods.
The universe is your god, not jesus nor satan, just the plain old mother universe.

(I actually think mother universe is rolling her eyes when she see's us, her kids)

More like sitting on the couch watching space oprah and eating bon bons,while father time is out selling shoes to the beyonder. Oh her kids are real prizes too. KElly is a airhead and buck is a pervert.(prizes to who can guess th eparents names)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

I want some of what they're smoking.

Before they create a black hole that kills us all, please and thank you.

If we're lucky, the black hole eats the LHC and then collapses.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Scientists at Large Haldron Collider Hope to Make Contact with Parallel Universe in Days

Impossible!
There can be only One ALL inclusive Universe!
Positing more violates Occam's Razor, and is just pathetic!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

One (unchanging, all inclusive) Universal Reality!

Sure, just based on semantics, you're right, as long as the definition of "ALL inclusive Universe" includes any possible parallel what-we-call-Universes.

As far as Occam's Razor...a LOT of truth violates Occam's Razor, or another way to put it would be to say that the term "Occam's Razor" is used incorrectly most of the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
If you guys only knew what this # actually is..

Thank you for your eye-opening contribution! From your post, we can deduce that you think "this [snip]" (assumingly you mean the LHC) is actually a big pile of yellow M&M's. Are we supposed to be afraid of a big pile of yellow M&M's? Can you explain to us why that is, and how you came to this knowledge, which you know none of us have?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

You got a brain, now use it.. The imagination you and I have is endless, remove the imagination.. What is the hydron collider, use common sense.. A portal? Black holes? Wait I'll give you my theory: I think the collider creates dark matter, I "believe" the hydron collider affects and warps reality and creates a parallel universe which we slowly are drawn into by a black hole.. We cannot see nor feel it, we just realize it, like the Berenstein Bears paradox.. It just happens..

Or What is it really in fact, it's a enormous magnet, everything above was my imagination.. Do I think the magnet affects me in a conspiratorial way, I believe we are affected by everything around us.. Air pressure, sound, weather, light and magnetic pulses, Everything generates a magnetic pulsating field, but it's tolerable.. I theorize that this enormous magnet, is a, black hole, dark matter parallel universe machine, which uses direct current to force an opening to a black hole..

So when I'm using parables, every time it's on, my soul is hurting.. And a beast is let loose.. Fight or flight response

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A newer source, if you please:

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This was out a few days ago, its strange that the sun at this time has a darkened spot the size of 50 earths.. Wonder if thats the portal. Here is where I got my info from: intelrevolution.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The creation of strangelets is more worrying to me. Although hypothetical, they are far more likely than mini black holes in my opinion.
edit on 20-10-2015 by deliberator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: deliberator

both are hypothetical and again, from the plot i show... with every passing second of the Earths survival, id say we have at least a few billions years

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What if another universe tries to create black holes at the same time at the same place...

Whatver they find, I hope that those researches will be worth it.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

big difference between losing a few men and 1 ship and all humanity, but I guess you have personally checked their math and given them the green light....sheesh
edit on 20-10-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join