It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Haldron Collider Hope to Make Contact with Parallel Universe in Days

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well - these guys haven't shown up, so I'm going to assume that we're safe...for now!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The tower of babel
Was the last time we messed with God
What if this collider
Is really the gates of hell
Allowing Satan and his demons to cross over

I think we should open the porthole
And drop a nuke in before we shut it.
See what happens

Only kidding
That would start our first inter-dimentianal conflict

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Anyone ever play the video game Doom?

Plot: Scientists messing with technology they probably shouldn't be using open a portal to a realm of satanic aliens.

CERN did declare 2015 to be the "International Year of Light/Lucifer".

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I am guessing they have already done it and are just telling us about it now so we can at least have some idea as to what is possible rather than be ignorant about our place in an infinate universe forever.

edit on 23-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

your making my brain moist

Hee-hee...he said moist.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It would be the most bold move in the world to make a statement telling us that something could destroy us before they test it. Then test it. That defeats the entire purpose of warning us of the danger. They test things before they put it to the public so even if there is an uproar of "NO" from the public. They do it regardless and come out the victors cause they already know the result they will achieve.

What's interesting is the floating city which people have been speaking of over china.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So its to be send or receive right? I don't hope we will get a bunch of extra dimensional refugee wookies on our planet.
I still have trouble recovering from all the Syrian refugees at the moment..

I still think its a dangerous experiment not even asking or holding some kind of press conference to the world , like NASA does when they going to do something tricky..

Do we not have the right to know the risk they are taking ?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Scientists have a different set of ethics than normal people. Its like the scientist that killed the bird the other day to see the contents of its stomach. There was no consideration of what is right morally only that additional knowledge is the ultimate goal. The LHC is the same thing. No regards to ethics or responsibility to others only the thirst for knowledge. Frankly, I don't think these experiments prove what these scientists state.

I will give two examples. First, the well 'accepted' big bang theory. Seems like a religion to me. We keep seeing more and more distant universes, which changes the age of the universe. In addition, there is a thought that not all of them will ever be seen do to the distance and perhaps the universe was not created from a single point of mass....Garbage....Complete rubbish being thrown around like it is an ultimate truth. When in reality, the big bang theory is now being questioned by reputable scientists or at least the part of a single point of origin. Second, dark matter. Doesn't make sense. What makes more sense is that the equations are wrong. How does this connect to this thread. Well, if the equations are right, why wouldn't dark matter be these parallel universes we can't see. However, if that was true, they would need to have a lot of mass and we would need to be able to see that. Isn't a more plausible explanation that there are simply a lot more rogue planets, stuff in the Kuiper belts of the galaxy, brown stars that aren't visible etc. than in the current estimates? Isn't that a simpler explanation than dark matter???Than parallel universes???? Occams Razor is an important concept for scientists to remember, simpler is best...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dougie6665

just because you dont understand it, doesn't mean it doesnt have a good basis... all of what you said shows you need to do a bit more reading... and comprehension

actually know any scientists? No... i don't you really do.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19943079]v

Great! A few "educated" fools get to "experiment" ...and "learn stuff". Who's funding these morons? Yay! They may "contact a parallel universe "..billions, wasted on "educated" idiots. It's like Poloriod pictures from Mars. Could've just gave every American thier taxes back to be used for thier own family.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
im going to spread my seed through the multiverse
edit on 24-10-2015 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

Thank you very much, I have done a great deal of reading on these subjects. The point I was trying to make is that some of these theories that have been dogma for years are showing some cracks, i.e. the big bang theory, dark matter etc. The truth is these are theories, not fact. Do I know any scientist, yes, in fact I do.

"Dark matter is a hypothetical kind of matter that cannot be seen with telescopes but would account for most of the matter in the universe. The existence and properties of dark matter are inferred from its gravitational effects on visible matter, on radiation, and on the large-scale structure of the universe. Dark matter has not been detected directly, making it one of the greatest mysteries in modern astrophysics." The introduction to Dark Matter in the wikipedia. Does that sound like an absolute fact to you?

"Dark matter neither emits nor absorbs light or any other electromagnetic radiation at any significant level. According to the Planck mission team, and based on the standard model of cosmology, the total mass–energy of the known universe contains 4.9% ordinary matter, 26.8% dark matter and 68.3% dark energy." What Dark Matter is to total matter from the wikipedia. Only 4.9% of the universe is made up of stuff we can detect and we have a theory about the other 95.1! Does that sound like an absolute fact to you? I would say, 100 or so years from now, there is a strong possibility the science books will look a lot different regarding this stuff.

Don't be so quick to critisize...we all have our views for a reason. Again, simple explanations are generally better....

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: [post=19943079]v

Great! A few "educated" fools get to "experiment" ...and "learn stuff". Who's funding these morons? Yay! They may "contact a parallel universe "..billions, wasted on "educated" idiots. It's like Poloriod pictures from Mars. Could've just gave every American thier taxes back to be used for thier own family.

The silliness of this post is astounding!

Only 3.4 % of US federal budget is allocated to research. About half of it goes into military sector, about 1/10 of those 3 percent go to nasa another 1/10 into energy research.

So you want to give up technological advancement for a few percent lower taxes and become dependent on other countries high-tech industry and products?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I just read that this portal or rupture whatever they call it is so small that it would probably collapse within minutes . I guess you need allot of power to punch a big hole to create a size big enough to go put something through it .

I guess that not all blackholes we are seeing in the universe are natural holes . Maybe other civilizations f...ked up pretty good causing extinction?

And with the recent discovery of the dimmed star ,maybe they tried to achieve the same thing on a bigger scale?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I am aware of what science is and, that these things are not facts... I am a Dark Matter scientist physicist myself :p

Scientists never state these things as fact. Well done for looking up the wiki page and reading only the results of experiments and not actually understanding anything to do with the theory, motivation or observational science behind it.

Scientists are trying to solve these problems, if it was up to a person such as yourself, we would remain ignorant that there is even an issue out there.

Science is almost free in comparison to other things... and it is a shame that people are not interested unless it can directly 'give' them something

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
So, according to Science Daily this experiment happened in June 2015.
Here is the link,
www.sciencedaily.com...
We are all still here

Or, are we??? Humm, scratches head.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

I just read that this portal or rupture whatever they call it is so small that it would probably collapse within minutes . I guess you need allot of power to punch a big hole to create a size big enough to go put something through it .

I guess that not all blackholes we are seeing in the universe are natural holes . Maybe other civilizations f...ked up pretty good causing extinction?

And with the recent discovery of the dimmed star ,maybe they tried to achieve the same thing on a bigger scale?

No portal has been made, and the concept of power here is used incorrectly. If black holes/portals are formed at 13TeV we would not expect the earth to be here, or we would expect to see nice signatures of these micro blackholes fizzing out at the top of the atmosphere.

We don't observe that, and what we do observe is explained by currently understood theory and models.

The dimmed star, or strangely dimming star. Is an interesting one but it doesn't have to be aliens, the researchers themselves say aliens is unlikely but, hey, could be one possibility. There are a few factors that make the system a little unlikely or at least difficult for inhabitants, that being the proximity to a brown dwarf and protostars. The age of the star might also make it much younger that originally thought. there are lots of factors. BUT it is very unusual so it should be studied very very carefully and extensively.

It could just be that we have found a system that has had a cataclysmic event occur... planetary collision and breakup? as an example.

Id personally put Aliens way down the list, keep them on obviously, but id not jump to any conclusion just yet

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

No portal has been made, and the concept of power here is used incorrectly. If black holes/portals are formed at 13TeV we would not expect the earth to be here, or we would expect to see nice signatures of these micro blackholes fizzing out at the top of the atmosphere. 

So they do have the technology to track those micro black holes?

And if this occurs, would it stay there and won't gravity be that strong that this might enlarge itself due to strong gravitational force ?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Wishful thinking.

Black holes require an immeasurable amount of energy to be created-there is no way we can create that amount of energy in a controlled condition.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tallcool1
Well - these guys haven't shown up, so I'm going to assume that we're safe...for now!

WELL...........

According to Anthony Patch ( in a Audio interview ) and Later Clyde Lewis

They kinda Did...

well as we all know,, that's in the Conspiracy Realms ..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join