It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search For Intelligent Aliens Near Bizarre Dimming Star Has Begun

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

And they *could have* found a way to generate energy by other means, say like 'zero point module' that draws energy directly from sub-space?

Interesting possibilities. Waiting in anticipation for more info.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
Okay, I'm going to throw this out there. This, is the first chance for the government to START the disclosure protocol. Get the conversation going. Get some excitement building on the possibility of other worlds.

Get the religions of the world ready for disclosure.

Condition. Condition. Condition.

Then, reveal.

We are now at step 2.

Just to be fair, a lot of religions already allow for life on other planets. In fact, one of God's titles in Islam is "Lord of the Worlds". And the Ethiopian Christian word for "God" translates into "Lord of the Universe" (from the Ge'ez word "Igzee'abihier").
edit on 20-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: lol had to clarify

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I love how people think that we have a space program that looks for alien life and explores the universe. . . just so that they can release information as they acquire it and hide proof of aliens. Because, logic. You know what would get NASA a TON of funding like RIGHT NOW? Proof of alien life.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

But the concept of 'aliens' is usually translated into evil spirits or 'jinns'? Thats still a 'human-centric' conceptualisation of the universe. Many ancient Indian Gods were believed to be 'aliens' in spaceships. I guess we will have to wait for a contact scenario to see how prepped and ready we are as humans with different beliefs to deal with the concept of a galactic or universal community with all kinds of different beings.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: krines

But the concept of 'aliens' is usually translated into evil spirits or 'jinns'? Thats still a 'human-centric' conceptualisation of the universe. Many ancient Indian Gods were believed to be 'aliens' in spaceships. I guess we will have to wait for a contact scenario to see how prepped and ready we are as humans with different beliefs to deal with the concept of a galactic or universal community with all kinds of different beings.

Actually, that's a misunderstanding. Jinn are invisible creatures made of smokeless flame (pretty much like ghosts or creatures with no physical form). They have nothing to do with extraterrestrial beings, nor why God is considered the "Lord of the Worlds". Besides, I'd never submit to a weak deity that could only rule over a single planet, nation, or tribe. What happens if I lived on a moon colony?

And uh, you kind of proved my point with the Indian beliefs example. I was saying that many religions allow for life on other planets. Wouldn't your example fit that?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I have only ever read comments by religious people, so based on that I inferred most of them seem to believe that possible 'inter-dimensional' what we would call aliens, are 'jinns' or evil spirits/demon entities as Christians have often pointed out. I wasnt 'contradicting' your point but was elaborating on how limited most of 'those' people i have come across have to say to accomodate the possibility of 'extra terrestrials' or inter dimensional beings etc. Like I said true test of that would be a contact scenario. I am not religious per se so its difficult to truly understand how you mean it without the qualifying info. Anyway we are all in the realm of speculation.

Many religious people still deny the possibility of life on other planets, many deny evolution of life and adaptability of genes, many deny Earth is more than 6000 years old. So if 'disclosure' must occur on a global scale, there are infact many many of those who will need some 'easing' into. Not everyone is aware of that possibility or even spare a thought to it, and may react very fearfully or negatively if inundated with such info.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: darkbake
Maybe they should consider the possibility of a large asteroid belt and protoplanets before they discuss gigantic alien structures. Of course, if you want funding, this may sucker in the funding groups.
Even Michio "I-Need-More-Attention" Kaku has hopped in.

If you don't know what it is, just assume ot hint aliens and everybody is happy.Sad really seeing Nasa play the alien tune and sucker people in.And that Kaku guy makes it worse..I don't know if I should be sad by seeing this or laugh.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: saudi

originally posted by: pteridine
Maybe they should consider the possibility of a large asteroid belt and protoplanets before they discuss gigantic alien structures. Of course, if you want funding, this may sucker in the funding groups.
Even Michio "I-Need-More-Attention" Kaku has hopped in.

If you don't know what it is, just assume ot hint aliens and everybody is happy.Sad really seeing Nasa play the alien tune and sucker people in.And that Kaku guy makes it worse..I don't know if I should be sad by seeing this or laugh.

All we can do is observe and follow the funding. It is far more likely that it is an asteroid belt than random gigantic alien made structures. Michio will get a new Einstein hair-do and work on his inscrutable but condescending expression before he makes the definitive pronouncement on a major network.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: saudi

Its reasonable to assume life exists elsewhere, infact on multiple planets throughout the galaxy and on many galaxies in the universe, simply seeing how life evolved and adapted on this planet. I can understand you personally may not like to think of the scope of such an idea, but its perfectly understandable that many others are interested in what is out there. It takes our focus from narrow limited wars of ignorance, and actually opens the minds to a bigger reality. It will also make us question our 'anthropocentric' views which have given rise to so many issues. It is only sad that so many people fail to see the scope of it and the role such a discovery would play in human history. It would open the minds of many, if we were to discover or ever make contact with a highly advanced civilisations. Anyway to each their own.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Building a wrapper around the star is not a sign of intelligence. Being able to harness zero point vacuum energy on the other hand is a darn good sign of it. Being able to warp around space is too.

Building that sort of super structure - just for harnessing solar power - would mean the donkeys are running the place.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: krines

I have only ever read comments by religious people, so based on that I inferred most of them seem to believe that possible 'inter-dimensional' what we would call aliens, are 'jinns' or evil spirits/demon entities as Christians have often pointed out. I wasnt 'contradicting' your point but was elaborating on how limited most of 'those' people i have come across have to say to accomodate the possibility of 'extra terrestrials' or inter dimensional beings etc. Like I said true test of that would be a contact scenario. I am not religious per se so its difficult to truly understand how you mean it without the qualifying info. Anyway we are all in the realm of speculation.

Many religious people still deny the possibility of life on other planets, many deny evolution of life and adaptability of genes, many deny Earth is more than 6000 years old. So if 'disclosure' must occur on a global scale, there are infact many many of those who will need some 'easing' into. Not everyone is aware of that possibility or even spare a thought to it, and may react very fearfully or negatively if inundated with such info.

I think the biggest misunderstanding we're having is that the limitations you're listing about religion seem to be from the perspective of Western Christianity. Like I showed you, even the Ethiopian Christians call God the "Lord of the Universe". And the very 2nd line in the Qur'an calls God the "Lord of the Worlds" (literally the 2nd line of the 1st Surah in the Qur'an, here).

Also, there are non-religious people who don't believe in extra-terrestrial life, so it's not just some religious people who don't. And the theory of evolution has its faults, too. For example, is it the evolutionary belief that a chimpanzee gave birth to the first male Homo Sapien? And somehow, a second chimpanzee also gave birth to the first female Homo Sapien in roughly the same time frame? Otherwise the Homo Sapien lineage would've died off from having no way to pass down its lineage. That's just an example but I hope it makes my point.

Oh & I don't want you to think of this as an argument. I like discussions & exchanges of ideas like this. I was just pointing out that on the off chance that the anomaly around this star is because of extraterrestrial life, it wouldn't clash with many religions.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A dyson sphere would take more material than in our entire solar system - to completely encapsulate our sun.

But (this all according to sci show space) An advanced species wouldn't need to cover the entire surface of their star to make it worth while, the Earth for example only receives a tiny amount from one direction of the sun's output.

Even just having a mesh of solar collectors would be valuable, and for all I know it could be those gaps causing the dimming recorded.

And it could be very old, if by some chance they did send out radio signals at some point in their history - which you would assume they would have at one point, like us used radio, I think the place is 1,500 light years away, so any signal we could detect would be 1500 years old at least, so you never know, even if they are not there anymore, there may be some sign they was.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Do you remember the recent story of a star with strange light patterns, as if another civilization had built some sort of array of mega structures such as solar panels around the star? Now scientists are using the Allen Telescope Array to search for radio signals from the star. If they find those, it would show signs of an alien civilization more advanced than our own.

The search for signs of life in a mysterious star system hypothesized to potentially harbor an "alien megastructure" is now underway.

Astronomers have begun using the Allen Telescope Array (ATA), a system of radio dishes about 300 miles (483 kilometers) northeast of San Francisco, to hunt for signals coming from the vicinity of KIC 8462852, a star that lies 1,500 light-years from Earth.

There could be another explanation to how come the star dims periodically.

But until such an explanation is found, the intelligent-aliens hypothesis will still be on the table, even if the ATA and other instruments like it come up empty. The lack of a detectable signal, after all, does not establish that KIC 8462852 is a lifeless system.

The star may support lifeforms that do not emit signals we can pick up, for example. Or it may once have hosted a civilization that has since gone extinct, leaving the strange megastructure as a sort of monument.

Space.com

Once the flood gates fully open the awe will be immense

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I think, put simply, our model of science and physics is horribly lacking. We are still missing large pieces of the puzzle. Humility is what we need most to advance. Any search for alien life that begins with the premise that they are exploiting the same rules of physics for communication as we do is by definition severely limited. I do know one thing...when we look around us on earth and continuously discover extremophiles...aka life where we previously thought life was impossible...once thing is certain...God does not waste SPACE...let's hope sometime soon we commit actual resources to meeting our neighbors.

With what your saying is spot on IMO, IF advanced ET civilizations exist it's more than likely they will have discovered greater knowledge about the universe than we could ever comprehend or measure with our current methodologies.

That being said my main problem with speculating on this topic is many of our assumptions will be derived from what we know life is capable of and will only be able to do comparative studies to ourselves in this regard in terms of what we know about physiology, biology, culture and civilizations. It really is time for someone or something to look on us from the outside and objectively study and experiment on us for a change. Some I'm sure will argue that's been going on for awhile though...

edit on 20-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I understand what you mean. And I wasnt denying the references you presented but simply pointing out that not everyone is likely to interpret it that way or have a world view comprehensive enough to encompass the scope of extra-terrestrial possibilities, including as you rightly pointed out, some skeptics and atheists.
When we come to represent ourselves as a 'human species' at some 'inter-planetary' scale,these attitudes towards the subject will definitely play a role in how we proceed with post-disclosure situations (exopolitics). Hence the gradual easing of this subject as Matadoor pointed out.

As for the chimpanzees, we share a common ancestor. Genes adapt due to certain circumstances conducive to change , or get mutated and are passed on. Sometimes they stay dormant/recessive. Sometimes they are dominant and will supress the expression of the other recessive gene. When expressed we start changing with new potentials and adaptation. It didnt happen just one fine day, it took millions of years for the new genetic adaptation to be expressed more frequently. Too many factors play a role in the process. There were many intermediate stages before we became the Homo Sapiens Sapiens we are today, and we are still changing and adapting based on different genetic diversity, different environments etc. We cannot comprehend the process without understanding how genes work today. We can alter, edit, replace genes and have different characteristics, we can clone too. So without the framework of this understanding evolution cannot be refuted.

We are ofcourse simply speculating and projecting, and reality may be a lot different than any of us can imagine. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Actually, that's a misunderstanding. Jinn are invisible creatures made of smokeless flame (pretty much like ghosts or creatures with no physical form).

This is off topic but the above description sounds eerily similar to a holographic projection of some sort.They'd be more transparent than invisible though. Or sounds like symptoms of sever psychosis... Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Remember what happened when the 'Borg' became aware of another civilisation...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I remember the story , and I've got the feeling ,as I said before that maybe we could face disclosure any moment now.

Do you remember this Thread from this guy who started to fill us in with the fact that there's a group of E.T's who are insisting that we should disclose that were not alone out there?

I don't know but something says that it might be happening like this. It all seems to fit together like, water found on Mars, Pluto, you might as well count Europa to and many other moons/planets in our solar system . And Star Wars coming out this winter?

And now this Star that has science talk about Aliens. The ones who can't figure out Pluto from a million miles before orbit , can now actually tell the public that stars hundreds or thousands LY from the earth could be hosting an advanced civilization by some dubious telescope who can tell us more about distant stars then orbital satellites can from orbiting moons in our own solar system...

edit on 0b01America/ChicagoTue, 20 Oct 2015 18:01:01 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 20 Oct 2015 18:01:01 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: KonigKaos
Would be great if we made real true contact in our life times. Just to bad are governments will always keep us in the dark.

Why do people believe that our governments would keep such thing secret ? What would be the purpose ? Its not like the world is going to stop..you still have to go to work,pick up your kids from the kindergarten,take your medicine etc etc

They hide everything from us, even if there is no good reason. It's called "staying ahead of the public". Remember the Orson Welle's experiment in 1938?

Alien eperiment that startled the world.

That wasn't really THAT long ago, albeit it was a story about an "alien attack"....they now know how to scare the hell out of the public if they want to. Withholding information from the public is usually just one part of a larger picture. The more information they withhold from us, the dumber we are in comparison to them. Information is information...even if the information seems like it may be useful to us, that's all the more reason for them not to give it to us..
This may be one more step to slowly conditioning us for either a real visit one day, or another "attack" like Project BlueBeam, to fool us into accepting a World Government to combine the worlds forces to repel the alleged alien attack. After the World Government is established... real or not...the World Government will be established, will never go back to what we have now, and the Bankers have won... all on the account of our not receiving the REAL information, or any information on the subject at all.

edit on 20-10-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: aquiel
Remember what happened when the 'Borg' became aware of another civilisation...

So maybe we should not disturb them lol. They would obviously be way more advance than us. If business is anything like the way we do business here....then we are cattle awaiting our slaughter.
edit on 20-10-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join