It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search For Intelligent Aliens Near Bizarre Dimming Star Has Begun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

originally posted by: kykweer
The challenge will be getting a specific element/building material, but i suppose they could harvest that from suns... maybe that is what they were doing 1500 years ago.

This got me thinking. I wonder if it is possible for an advanced life form to 'mine' a star (though I get by loose definitions you could claim a dyson sphere does that, I mean by different means). Perhaps given the nature of the dimming being inconsistant of what our limited intelligence infers a dyson sphere would commonly look like, this could be some sort of mining/harvesting system for things contained within the star instead of energy emitted from the star.

That is, of course, entertaining the idea that it is aliens, but it is certainly fun to speculate upon the idea until further information is gathered.

Well it has to be something other than solar panels lol

The only thing more outlandish than expecting it to be aliens is expecting that it is aliens that built a solar farm around a star...

An advanced species that has mastered gravity still farming solar energy the "old fashioned way"

keke

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I agree, I don't know why they think every alien civilization would use radio waves...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Whatever it is we are looking at it 1500 years back in time... and so do our radio-tels.
Too far away and if no signal it will remain a mystery, there is no way we can prove the existence of extraterrestrial intelligence otherwise, at least not in our lifetime.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kykweer

Agree, gigantic solar panels sound lame for a civilization that advanced...

If extraterrestrial then the star is probably modded into an alien lighthouse, making dimming light signals for whatever purposes

or a giant shield protecting their supposed planet from the star's aggressive flares.

or a star-mining operation...

could be anything other than ''solar'' panels

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

It may sound lame, but what if they work at 100% efficiency? Then what? Still lame?

This could be pre-planning on an unimaginable scale, a race that has every base need already covered, a singularity race that cannot improve any further perhaps, storing energy for the eventual, inevitable dying of all stars in the universe in order to preserve itself after the last light in the universe dims. To discount anything in a hypothetical speculation of an unknown object because of comparisons to what we already know isn't the best reasoning.
edit on 20-10-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Okay, I'm going to throw this out there. This, is the first chance for the government to START the disclosure protocol. Get the conversation going. Get some excitement building on the possibility of other worlds.

Get the religions of the world ready for disclosure.

Condition. Condition. Condition.

Then, reveal.

We are now at step 2.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
Okay, I'm going to throw this out there. This, is the first chance for the government to START the disclosure protocol. Get the conversation going. Get some excitement building on the possibility of other worlds.

Then, reveal.

We are now at step 2.

That's what I believe is happening. However, I don't think full disclosure will happen anytime soon. It won't be until several decades, maybe even a century from now. Or the unlikelyhood of an irrefutable event occuring, such as an actual landing in a populated area*

*essentially, we need a modern day "Zimbabwe School Children Witness Landing" event for 2015/16. Something that cannot be denied.
edit on 20-10-2015 by Crisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Do they really believe that an alien civilization that might have built solar panels around a star would continue to use radio waves? I guarantee you no matter what frequency their looking for their not going to find anything.
Cool discovery nonetheless

I think, put simply, our model of science and physics is horribly lacking.

We are still missing large pieces of the puzzle.

Humility is what we need most to advance.

Any search for alien life that begins with the premise that they are exploiting the same rules of physics for communication as we do is by definition severely limited.

I do know one thing...when we look around us on earth and continuously discover extremophiles...aka life where we previously thought life was impossible...once thing is certain...God does not waste SPACE...let's hope sometime soon we commit actual resources to meeting our neighbors.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Dyson Spheres are just plain silly. For the amount of energy and resources they would require, you may as well just move the planet. No, this is not an alien sphere, lol. Neat story and it will lead to exciting new finds, but it will not be aliens.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo
Well if it was a true sphere, it would be just that: a sphere. We likely wouldn't see the star if this was a full dyson sphere as we imagine it. Perhaps it's just a flare catcher?

Still, stop killing my buzz mang, nobody wants this to be a new type of star or remnant clouds from some far away cataclysm, it's aliens for now!

That's right, I'm pulling a 'God of the Gaps' card but with aliens.

*slowly puts shades on*

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I can't believe what I'm hearing. Harnessing the power of a star on a massive level is not befitting of an advanced civilization? Wow we have high expectations of these beings. If I were them I wouldn't show myself either in fear of disappointing the high expectations of us.

The structures in question are pretty huge. And getting 24/7 (or whatever day/week/year structure they have) power. Unless I'm mistaken a star is the peak of producing energy. So why would any civilization need to find something more than this.

I my opinion I believe our species will evolve to a civilization where we move away from the maximised tech. I see a world where nature is allowed to control the surface of the earth and tech allows us to live in smaller groups and maybe individuals. We will look back at the madness we live in now and pity not being able to see the beauty and uniqueness of nature all around us.
This will make us less dependent on massive cables and wastage and any power will be instant transmission (as tesla intended)

Therefore an advanced civilization may not mean interplanetary species but one that can use tech when needed but also be wise enough to live in harmony with nature.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
a reply to: jaffo
Well if it was a true sphere, it would be just that: a sphere. We likely wouldn't see the star if this was a full dyson sphere as we imagine it. Perhaps it's just a flare catcher?

Still, stop killing my buzz mang, nobody wants this to be a new type of star or remnant clouds from some far away cataclysm, it's aliens for now!

That's right, I'm pulling a 'God of the Gaps' card but with aliens.

*slowly puts shades on*

Ha ha ha, fair enough.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Crisis

Regarding government conditioning, I don't think it will be a hundred years away. I think it's more like a decade. They have been seeding us for years, and could actually pop it out at any time. There are 2 scenarios as I see.
1. They have crashed/samples of alien life/craft so the presence or knowledge is known, but kept secret for "security" purposes. Likely, we've been milking technological advances from this stuff, and when it's exhausted it's scientific contributions, they can announce that they have something.

2. Aliens are in constant contact with key world leaders. The aliens are dictating the how/when of revealing themselves to the populace, so it's not even a human decision to make.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is a great post my friend. I'm wondering if the team investigating said dimming star happens to know some other important details that they keeping to themselves until they can confirm what is actually going on here. This is a rather specific hypothesis that they have presented, so I believe it's possible they were lead to this notion by more than what the reader will be aware of after taking a look at the article. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Have you checked out the claim of this individual who has created a machine that 'exceeds' 100%. (Claims 238%) economictimes.indiatimes.com... /46832793.cms?from=mdr

www.tewari.org...

www.tewari.org...

Either way fascinating possibilities have opened up to explore what those possible 'structures' could be.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor

Then, reveal.

We are now at step 2.

But it was not to be evil. They probably have a duel purpose. To keep us calm and ... I also think the government does not have any physical evidence of the supposed dyson sphere. They probably know there is an alien race at that exact spot but they kept it secret...
edit on 20-10-2015 by iUmEiT because: added quote

edit on 20-10-2015 by iUmEiT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969
We might not have any nature to appreciate soon.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Do they really believe that an alien civilization that might have built solar panels around a star would continue to use radio waves? I guarantee you no matter what frequency their looking for their not going to find anything.
Cool discovery nonetheless

Good points.

Also, if there's a civilization out there this advanced, they would probably already know about us and if we detect radio waves it will not be by accident. They will want us to know they're there.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm thinking this is not Aliens either. I don't really buy that Dyson Spheres are a thing. First of all, nobody needs that much power. In 100 years our Solar panel technology will be so advanced that we'll be able to power the whole world with just that. Without Dyson Spheres.

So with that in mind, why would an Alien Civilization even need a Dyson Sphere? What would be the point of using all of those resources that they would need, possibly for power that they wouldn't even need?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join