It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search For Intelligent Aliens Near Bizarre Dimming Star Has Begun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Its only the scorpia shipyards

It would be nice to detect something for sure but i doubt even if there are "people" out there
and they are using radio that anything intelligible would be detectable at this range
that would be conclusive.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I recall a little while back when that whole "Elenin" story was all the rage, people were almost convinced it had to be alien due to it's odd movement patterns.

I'm still skeptical. It seems that every few years there's a new "discovery" that's announced, and nothing ever comes of it. They'll call it anything else & come up with a new explanation every time, just as long as it isn't intelligent extraterrestrials. I hope I'm wrong. They should concentrate their efforts on Europa, which has a very good chance of harboring some time of aquatic lifeform.

And for the record, I do believe in ET and they have been monitoring Earth for centuries.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Crisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

even more disturbing is the fact that if they were so advanced and had evolved past fighting each other, wouldn't they be wary of other civilizations - why would they broadcast their presence?

More than likely possible, If they are broadcasting than they maybe trying to communicate with someone which is what I guess scientist on this project are hoping for. Although it's also possible any advanced ET civilization may have naturally evolved a better, more efficient form of communication other than the forms were familiar with(e.g Verbal, body language,etc) which may or may not be detectable with any tech currently available. But the species stupid enough to broadcast their presence with out a clue as to who the hell else is out there happens to be us lol.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Another thing to think about is, "they" probably never even considered Radio Waves or any type of communication we've achieved. So they would have no way of even conceiving how our methods of technology is powered, likewise with us trying to decode an alien signal.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Interesting article posted on Daily Mail today.

Telescope starts analysing 'bizarre' star that could be surrounded by a Dyson sphere

Dyson Sphere

edit on 19-10-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crisis
Another thing to think about is, "they" probably never even considered Radio Waves or any type of communication we've achieved. So they would have no way of even conceiving how our methods of technology is powered, likewise with us trying to decode an alien signal.

Apart from communication via technology, perhaps they have mastered the art of communicating through telepathic means. And are already in communication with the human race through channeling information from human recievers.

Peace
edit on 19-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Again I'll quote Carl Sagan because it sums up what I am feeling about this subject....

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known

and whether is be natural or artificial in origin, it has certainly piqued our collective curiosity hasn't it? Once we understand what it is, we will have all learned something new about the universe - that's the most exciting part, imo.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: darkbake

Nice to see they aren't wasting any time on this, but 1,500 light years away?

I also read an article recently where a scientist claimed that any radio signals could be encrypted and not picked up by the equipment we are currently using.

Edit- I see this has already been questioned.

'
I would think that even if their signal was encrypted, it would still be encapsulated within a detectable carrier wave at a certain frequency, or multiple frequencies. The encryption wouldn't hide the carrier signals.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why wouldn't aliens use radio waves? Sure they would have other tech, but they possibly still use radio too. Perhaps they are able to use radio waves in ways that we don't know about yet.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It is nice to see there are organisations out there still pushing to strike it lucky with alien life. I personally think its mathematically obvious that life will be found eventually and that it obviously exists.

I feel with the recent closed information about Ceres bright spots recently makes you think that maybe we may have already found life and maybe before now. Ceres had a closer inspection recently but supposedly they didn't release the images due to some report not being right for the press. What kind of excuse is that I ask.....

I hope a group of astronomers find something soon and blurt it out before any government can stop them.

Great post for keeping up with info.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Why wouldn't aliens use radio waves? Sure they would have other tech, but they possibly still use radio too. Perhaps they are able to use radio waves in ways that we don't know about yet.

Well they say we only use only a certain percentage of the light spectrum and therefore things are happening before our eyes without us even knowing. These spectrum's are still only being understood and still spectrum's they have yet to find, so if that's just light spectrum then frequencies, I think we only achieve what we need not what we are yet to uncover.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Maybe they should consider the possibility of a large asteroid belt and protoplanets before they discuss gigantic alien structures. Of course, if you want funding, this may sucker in the funding groups.
Even Michio "I-Need-More-Attention" Kaku has hopped in.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Let's apply Ockham's Razor; Is it a Dyson sphere or just a cluster of matter orbiting the star in an eliptical manner, hence giving the appearance of an irregular pattern.

I'm guessing it's a relatively new amount of asteroids that entered that solar system and is slowly leveling it's orbit.

But, a level 2 alien race is much more fun to imagine.

Ghost
edit on 19-10-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
^
These 2 possible explanations above is what they'll likely say it is. Move along, nothing to see here, yadda yadda.

Even if it WAS a Dyson Sphere of alien origin, they will still tell us it's just an asteroid belt or something similar. Until there is something that's literally undefinable, they will always say it isn't extraterrestrial.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: raedar
Perhaps it's an ancient civilization that long ago reached Technological Singularity and it's just artificially intelligent robots building bigger and more intelligent robots and what we see are giant superstructures as part of a natural AI progression. The biological life may be long gone. Is that not, theoretically, where we are headed ourselves? Imagine if left alone for thousands of years to continuously outdo itself. Hmmm.....

That's possible. On the other hand, wouldn't it be better to keep evolving smaller instead of larger? Nano-technology would need far fewer resources to itself. Depending on hos small they got, they could probably pull particles out of the air & use them directly as fuel or building blocks.

Just my 2 cents

True for certain aspects of technology, but not if it's a Dyson Sphere- it would have to be larger than the planet from which it's capturing power.

A Dyson sphere is a hypothetical megastructure that completely encompasses a star and hence captures most or all of its power output.

wiki

Yeah I've seen people talk about them. I've never understood how something that big could be constructed though. Using a completely uneducated guess, I'd assume it would take more metals than what exist in Earth's entire crust to make one big enough to encompass the Sun.

That's one reason I think the technology would go in the opposite direction. I'd imagine creating small nano-based spaceships that can fly around a galaxy using a cubic foot's worth of fuel (or the equivalent, since it would make more sense to harness the radiation in space instead of carrying fuel).

Either way, I'm definitely interested in whatever's going on with this star. But if it's really 1,500 light years away, we're looking at something that occurred a long time ago. If it was a civilization, it could be extinct now. However, it could also be on the way here using a technology we can't recognize yet (cue the scary music).

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

No logics in Sci-fi please

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I tried lol not sure how. Ill try again...a reply to: Hyperia

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This "news" is so strange to me and feels out of place. There is enough exchange on this thread about what it could be or could not be.

I just want to go off topic a minute and point out some things about this "news".
- this news from major apace agencies proves; whatever they put in the media and over sensationalized, the people will go ape s--t over it and give mass attention

- everyone else is quiet. The debunkers lately have been silent, the Putin haters, the propaganda people, Phage and the top dogs on ats. What that has anything to do w/it idk, just pointing out.

- this could be one massive rouse, we have no definite proof of the claims of the star in question, just loose ends and broad ideas like AI taking over.
Because everyone is quiet, let's turn attention to something "BIG" so we take the heat off behind the curtain.

I'm a conspiracy theorist, and have been for a decade, this s--t stinks right now. I'm not over sensationalizing about everything "they say" or "show". It's smokes and mirrors, media, not a first hand experience. They can day whatever they want..

They also used Pluto's moon Ceres, as an attention switch on the masses. Making it SO EASY for the controllers to get the edge on world control.

When people get quiet, and hype over some new "thing" is engineered, THEY WIN AGAIN.

So yes, I'm saying this could be a fabrication so the politicians can cloak and dagger humanity again and again.

But for all I know it's an ancient AI evolving "race"... kind of like the human race.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I've long-believed that the best way to search for alien life is to look for stars or even galaxies that are dimming over time. Along that line of reason, I believe the best way to search for super-civilizations is to look for areas of sky that are darker than they should be with this story as a perfect example. I'm also open to the possibility that dark matter may harbor intelligent life. For example this link:
news.discovery.com...
Says that dark matter does not actually collide, but the particles "slip past each other". Well, there is some chance these clusters of dark matter are acting intelligently to not collide so they remain in good health.

Another possible area for life I consider is this:
news.discovery.com...
This is a 1 billion light-year wide cold spot. Alien super-civilizations as a means to store energy, would attempt to minimize the entropy of their local area to maximize their life-span. This would result in dark areas of the universe.

On the flip-side, alien civilizations could accelerate entropy, leading to exceptionally bright areas. For example, humans are not only using the energy of the sun, but also burning fossil fuels in the ground. Humans are accelerating entropy on Earth. In the big picture, that increase in radiation is undetectable in general except for its "un-natural" spectrum such as emitting radio waves (ie cell phone signals) instead of the kind of IR radiation which would be more in-line with expectations of an unintelligently populated planet.

For these reasons, I do consider the story to have potential, much more so than interesting rocks found on mars which I consider to be generally dead ends for finding intelligent alien life.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Perhaps the dimming of the star IS the signal...?

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join