It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search For Intelligent Aliens Near Bizarre Dimming Star Has Begun

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Actually, that's a misunderstanding. Jinn are invisible creatures made of smokeless flame (pretty much like ghosts or creatures with no physical form).

This is off topic but the above description sounds eerily similar to a holographic projection of some sort.They'd be more transparent than invisible though. Or sounds like symptoms of sever psychosis... Just my opinion.

No problem. In fact, I think the jinn are probably interdimensional beings. I wouldn't doubt if God & the Angels are too. I even use the example that our lives are like video clips in a video editor to them. And they can easily access any moment of any character from any clip, just as easily as we can select any specific moment from any episode of our favorite tv series (assuming we have access to the entire series, of course).

I concluded something similar to that when I was a kid. The only way a universal "Day of Judgment" could take place is if our entire Universe underwent the event. As in, if I were on the moon when the Day of Judgment happened, would I still be effected by it?

I wonder if some atheists would accept God & the Angels if it turned out that "God" was an immortal architect of an interdimensional empire known as the "Heavenicus"; His army were called Angelians; and He created our universe as a 4 dimensional simulation for some of his AI inventions?
edit on 20-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I wonder if some atheists would accept God & the Angels if it turned out that "God" was an immortal architect of an interdimensional empire known as the "Heavenicus"; His army were called Angelians; and He created our universe as a 4 dimensional simulation for some of his AI inventions?

If there was more direct proof of that than the current poorly-defined God (for which there is none), then sure, why not?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
I love how people think that we have a space program that looks for alien life and explores the universe. . . just so that they can release information as they acquire it and hide proof of aliens. Because, logic. You know what would get NASA a TON of funding like RIGHT NOW? Proof of alien life.

Out of all of the funding that that have gotten. I wonder sometimes just how much they really explore. Just collecting money, and throwing a photo out every now and then, with some mundane explanation that is, less than inspiring.....this is most likely what they're really doing anyway.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: krines

I can understand you personally may not like to think of the scope of such an idea

My dear Madam/Sir, you came to this conclusion how ?
I was agreeing with pteridine that NASA needs more funds and what better way to get them than saying it could be aliens and making a circus with Kaku.It could be alot of things.

many others are interested in what is out there

I am interested in what is out there too, but I (myself) would like to take in consideration all the posibilities (including aliens) not just scream "ALIENS!"

It would open the minds of many, if we were to discover or ever make contact with a highly advanced civilisations.

And how exactly discovering aliens would open the minds of many ? Do you think it would make the world a better place ? Or maybe they could help us evolve some how and make us better human beings ?
"A highly advanced civilisation" that can come here and give us all the solutions to our problems..sounds like Jesus Christ coming to help us all.
If you can step back and observe you would find that it's the same scenario but with other characters.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

It is far more likely that it is an asteroid belt than random gigantic alien made structures.

I can't wait to see what they will say.I'm excited that we discovered this and we will learn new things about the universe.

Michio will get a new Einstein hair-do and work on his inscrutable but condescending expression before he makes the definitive pronouncement on a major network.

It's all a circus with this guy.

edit on 20-10-2015 by saudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I think it's a great way to 'sexy-up' science in order to get more funding but I am deeply sceptical on this one. It almost requires the same sort of faith we would normally associate with religion. I think it's more likely that it is a failed Binary System with a closely orbiting twin that probably has some massive moons (captured planets) to go a long with it.

IRM

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
radio waves still? All these years using radio waves to try to find signs of alien existence and nothing, why do SETI think radio waves is still the way to go when it obviously isnt?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picollo30
radio waves still? All these years using radio waves to try to find signs of alien existence and nothing, why do SETI think radio waves is still the way to go when it obviously isnt?

Just be patient, it can be tomorrow or 10,000 years from now before we hear something. It is better than never.
edit on 20-10-2015 by iUmEiT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picollo30

Sounds like you have a mighty strong proposal to use something else that can travel vast distances across space and is more practical to send a signal than radio waves.

www.e-education.psu.edu...

Have a read.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I guess it's ever so slightly a better chance than picking a random star?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't think Dyson Sphere's would be suitable for power generation of the future, but the shielding of the starlight at random times, in our direction, could be an attempt to gain our attention.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I don't think Dyson Sphere's would be suitable for power generation of the future, but the shielding of the starlight at random times, in our direction, could be an attempt to gain our attention.

Providing this is a civilization and providing this is a structure surrounding the star, to say we have any idea what it could be is simply a guesstimate. They could be covering up the star for a laugh for all we know. All I want to know is, is there a signal being emitted from the structure. Very exciting.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

Maybe, maybe? Don't forget this is some 1500 light years away and 'they' would be facing us in 500AD. With your idea, we couldn't rule out 'them' being aware of technological advances and 'speculating' that 1500 years in the future might find a technological world capable of detecting their signals. It'd be unlikely imo, but what do I know?

The next few years should be very interesting. It's ironic that astronomy is in a Golden Age whilst, down here on the ground, it's getting like the Dark Ages in other quarters. Eh...life huh?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
here's what will happen. we'll find out that there are advanced alien races out there.

we will find out that they have also been listening to our radio broadcasts also, more to the point they have undoubtedly heard that you can "claim your domain with godaddy". at which point they will build a big "godaddy" weapon and claim us as their domain

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

This news is somewhere between pointless and futile at the moment.

Firstly, we need the instruments to get a decent look at these anomalies, something we don't have. The best detectors we have use the spectrum beyond human vision, there is not a telescope powerful enough to make out distinct features at that range, And as JadeStar has pointed out at least once that any radio signals broadcasted would be drowned out by the many natural sources of radio waves.

Sure it is exciting but we should be looking closer to home. We could have evidence of life in our own solar system so why throw the dice? maybe it's because some folk are conditioned to think that all alien life is sentient.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

This news is somewhere between pointless and futile at the moment.

Firstly, we need the instruments to get a decent look at these anomalies, something we don't have. The best detectors we have use the spectrum beyond human vision, there is not a telescope powerful enough to make out distinct features at that range, And as JadeStar has pointed out at least once that any radio signals broadcasted would be drowned out by the many natural sources of radio waves.

Sure it is exciting but we should be looking closer to home. We could have evidence of life in our own solar system so why throw the dice? maybe it's because some folk are conditioned to think that all alien life is sentient.

we are gonna have the biggest telescope ever next year, and the biggest radiotelscope ever too. The first one has the primary mirror of 39 metres. I #ING REPEAT: 39 METRES. Hubble's primary mirror is 2.4 metres. LoL.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: egidio88

we are gonna have the biggest telescope ever next year, and the biggest radiotelscope ever too. The first one has the primary mirror of 39 metres. I #ING REPEAT: 39 METRES. Hubble's primary mirror is 2.4 metres. LoL.

Sorry, but that may not help.

Using a radio telescope to find an alien broadcast would be like trying to find one fans voice at the superbowl. There's too much background noise.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrTea
Halo 5 publicity stunt anyone?

If Bungie can put a mega-structure around a star 1500 light years away for a publicity stunt, then Bungie has too much money.

At any rate, I'll be interested in seeing the results.

We're gonna need a bigger telescope.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
and who is to say the aliens built this structure around their star they might just be using this star as a giant battery. lets just hope they don't turn their attention our way any race that has that kind of advanced tech would probably think of us as we think of cats and dogs

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
and who is to say the aliens built this structure around their star they might just be using this star as a giant battery. lets just hope they don't turn their attention our way any race that has that kind of advanced tech would probably think of us as we think of cats and dogs

what saddens me is that, if they built that and they still didn't find the way to travel across universe fast (otherwise they would be here visiting) that basically means we will never ever find a way (soonish) to travel across space.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join