It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking gun emails reveal Blair's 'deal in blood' with George Bush over Iraq war was forged a YEAR b

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
A very damming indictment and proof of the fact that we were all duped into going to war.. Also proof that conspiracy theorists are not a bunch of tin hat wearing freaks...

Nice catch. I'm beginning to think us conspiracy theorists are the only ones who really know what is going on in the world.

He may face justice one day, that is a minor sub-topic in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: EvanB

Did you even read the documents? Nowhere in those documents is war being planned. "Should military operations be necessary" is the common quote. To think this is some type of smoking gun is dishonest journalism.

At the time this memo was written by Powell the US (and the UK) believed that terrorist funding in Afghanistan was coming from Saddam. Of course they were looking for military commitments if it would come to that. The whole world was operating an a heightened level of paranoia. The greatest country on earth and the strongest military might had just been crippled by a few retards from the desert.

The whole premise of the OP and the Source is ludicrous.

I guess you read a different set of documents. In the documents I read linked in the OP, the talk was manipulating the British public to support war, what opponents were in the way and how they could be silenced or marginalized, and how any democratic process was not needed to get involved in the war based on what Thatcher did with the Falklands.

It is all about how to get to war using basically any means possible, we saw that with Dr. Kelly didn't we?

Nothing about diplomacy. So it seems like the OP's assertion is bang on.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Wrong. What is the context of that quote? Establishing that the UK will assist if military action is required. No planning is being done.

Again, the US was building a coalition to force Sadaam's hand and stop money/support flowing to terrorists in Afghanistan, especially the (invalidated) fear of terrorists getting access to WMD's. If the UK wasn't on board the US could not move forward as Iraq would simply shrug off any show of might by the USA.

This has nothing to do with pre-planning to go to war and is NOT a smoking gun.

a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
You know how to tell when a politician is lying?

The second he opens his mouth.

A variation on that answer is : "when his lips are moving".

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondtruth
a reply to: jaffo

Yes there is plenty of evidence out there and readily available. Now as to whether I will spend my time to put the facts together to appease your skepticism, well my time is at a premium. I spent time to review evidence for and against the argument I am making. This is over several years that I researched from a variety of sources. Frankly I don't care if you believe it because it really doesn't matter. No one will ever pay for the crimes committed. If you care to keep an open mind, think critically, and actively research the connected dots then you will see that what I am saying is true.

Soooooo. . . you can't show any proof. You CLAIM that you did all of this research and yet when asked for simple proof. . . you can't provide it. Behold, the power of belief.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

Yes there is plenty of evidence out there and readily available. Now as to whether I will spend my time to put the facts together to appease your skepticism, well my time is at a premium. I spent time to review evidence for and against the argument I am making. This is over several years that I researched from a variety of sources. Frankly I don't care if you believe it because it really doesn't matter. No one will ever pay for the crimes committed. If you care to keep an open mind, think critically, and actively research the connected dots then you will see that what I am saying is true.

Soooooo. . . you can't show any proof. You CLAIM that you did all of this research and yet when asked for simple proof. . . you can't provide it. Behold, the power of belief.
that debate is long over, why don't you show us proof of WMDs and al Qaeda and all that nonsense.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
a reply to: LABTECH767

I served from 1989 until recently.. From my own perspective it became less about the application of politics by other means and more about the guy next to me.. I felt morally bound to ensure the safety of the guys and girls serving under me who having being duped to join by fake patriotism, found themselves on the frontline in the university of life.. Better me being there than some liability fresh out of Sandhusrt.. It becomes very clear very quickly on the ground the true intentions of the evil that lies to and sends its best and brightest to die for their wallets..

unfortunately you do not wake up to the reality until you are knee deep in the blood of the innocents on both sides..

It haunts me every day

I hope that soon, if things do not change that people of like mind go Guy Fawkes on the establishment and rid ourselves of the evil at the very top.. Whoever that may be.

Hey brother, I for one felt compelled to simply say to you & other brave souls like you a huge Thank-you.Your morals are sound as champion.Can't begin to imagine some of the nastiest sh*t possible to see that you & others like you were confronted with no matter what theater of war or battlefield etc. it occurred in.As if those memories weren't enough to lug around during & after, to come to realize it is basically irrefutable fact now that the scum rallied the numbers for whatever immoral,elitist & evil reasoning by conspiring together & feeding society complete utter wank ,must be excruciatingly mentally stressful.I wish you well.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist

originally posted by: jaffo

that debate is long over, why don't you show us proof of WMDs and al Qaeda and all that nonsense.

How about instead you show proof for your claims. You said you did a ton of research and that it was all easily and readily obtainable. Don't move the goalposts, educate me, please.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
One not willing to educate himself will quickly show how misinformed he might be.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Logical fallacy on your part.

In this case none of what the poster was claiming exists. Jaffo is correct.

a reply to: Salander

edit on 16-11-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Are there facts and evidence that prove him true, or are you relying upon government claims as proof?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Another logical fallacy on your part. I can't tell if it is an Argument from Ignorance or an Argument from Silence, or maybe both. That post had some wild claims which he claimed he had proof of. He can't provide proof, so his claims are considered false. To think otherwise is lying to yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Any wild claims advanced were advanced by the US Government. History has shown how wild and false they were.

And speaking of rational processes, how rational is it to accept without question the statements of known and habitual liars?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Who is accepting any claims? I believe we are just saying that poster is wrong unless they can provide all this supposed proof they have. So you've inserted another logical fallacy, the straw man argument. Should I give you a link to all of them so you can work your way down the list?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

My apologies--I thought we were talking about WMD and the threat and actions of AQ, as advanced by the Bush administration.

Horus claims the WMD claims were bogus, Jaffo disagreed as I recall.

I agree with Horus that we were taken to war under fraud, and I'm not quite sure where you stand on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join