It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Lost Hope

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You aren't alone.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

There is a difference between choosing to help each other out and being forced into it because someone else decided their way of it was the best.

Not to mention, did you know that centralizing and controlling everything in a big collective like people think we should is the worst way to ensure survival after such catastrophes?

Right now, we live in a highly collectivized and specialized society. How many placed do you know that could get up and running and produce everything they needed to at least subsist on their own for an extended period of time, say years ... if one of those big catastrophes you mentioned happened tomorrow?

The reality is that damn few could. Why? Because too many of us rely too much of our transportation infrastructure, things produced en masse elsewhere and brought to us. We've lost the knack of making and doing for ourselves. We're used to being fed ...

If those catastrophes happened, collectivism would kill and kill collectively.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
So, you feel like a caged wild animal because...in a nutshell, you feel like you didn't get your way in anything under the sun. No, really, that's how your "rant" comes off, thinly veiled petulant whining. Say it with me now, "First world problems, yeesh!"

However, if you're really having issues in general with life, you may want to do something proactive about it, such as counseling or behavioral therapy. As anyone who's struggled with mental health can surely attest to, letting those feelings fester can simmer into something more insidious if you don't take the bull by the horns early on.

I actually was pointing out that I actually don't care who wins the next election. That is completely new to me. I actually don't think it makes a difference to me who wins and was surprised I felt that way. I apologize if I didn't express myself well. I wasn't sure I could say what I was feeling and apparently it wasn't clear.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You just lost hope. Now? Man a lot of us lost hope a long long time ago. There is no tomorrow. Jam that truth in your head and go live your life.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Try volunteering or donating the body fluid of your choice since you get money and friends then proceed to make merry with your newfound purpose.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

Etc., etc., etc....

"A time to feel hopeless" is included. Think about it, "To every thing there is a season", that includes hopelessness.

Think about yourself as an eternal, potentially infinite being. Someday (or at some point in the future or the past assuming such things actually exist), you may wish that you could know what it's like to feel hopeless. Well, this may be your chance. When you look at it from the point of view of the infinite, it's not necessarily a negative thing at all.

www.youtube.com...

With that said, I hope you recover ASAP.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hey I've been lurking for years and finally signed up. What I want to tell you is that I started down a path similar to yours. While the details don't matter at this point, what I can tell you is that sometimes the problem you are facing is because you are asking the wrong questions. Or maybe you will realize that there is more to it than that. One of my biggest breakthroughs was realizing that pointing fingers or blaming things was never the right method but that rising above these things and seeing right through them for what they are was one of my first steps to understanding. All I can tell you is I didn't know who I was my whole life an then somehow over the last year I have In a sense reprogrammed my entire mind. I no longer fear much of anything. Maybe it's because I have experienced quite a lot of extremes in my life. More than anyone else I've ever met. Hope is a nice idea but you have to make a choice. Maybe one day you'll see that there is a path for us all and the best way to navigate it is to realize that you don't always have to see the way. That's what I've now become to know as faith. Not just believing something but understanding why I do. I have a lot more to share and I love to help anyway I can. Just call me goose and if there's anyone out there who thinks they are alone just no they aren't. I'm still looking for that one true thing to follow into the beyond. As my perception and perspective on things change so does my life. I find myself with little to no friends. I know not one personal person that is in the level I am as far as actions over words. I know more of us exist. If anyone else is there I ask you reach out. I have no fear because I am no longer afraid of who I am. I can be good or bad, angry or sad. Heartless or helpful. I am everything and nothing. My actions define my life. And I try to concioisly do what is right by following my heart. I've almost lost everything materiel yet I am the richest I've ever been. Don't fret, with no light there is no darkness and no pain no pleasure. Balance, well moderation has helped me a lot. Thank you

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Goosesausage

Thank you for the reply and I am glad you signed up!

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

While I have no answer for you, I can confirm your feelings. I and many I know feel the same. We can't tell you how it is that we are supposed to live our lives, but we can tell you that this isn't it. TV, Facebook, gasoline, and social issues. None of this is natural for the human animal. And typically anything unnatural is wrong and bad for the creature.

I have no doubt that where we are in our existence is far from where we should be. This creature of nature, the human...is the only creature living against nature instead of in harmony. How can we be anything BUT a captured animal.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I get like that all the time. Sometimes it gets externalized. Sometimes I internalize it and just let it cook in my mind. The latter option is baaaaad. Better to yell it out. NOT at your kids or any crap like that! Lol. No, I mean do exactly what you did - yell it out in an appropriate forum like ATS. Then go on a walk. Then check back on the replies on ATS. Repeat the above steps as many times as it takes until you feel better. That's what i do!

Hope you feel better.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't fully get this, man. If you don't care, why are you so angry? I'm venting in my own way all the time. Definitely angry, got some care, but realize it's best directed in unusual ways. I don't bitch about the politicians, but instead try to enlighten in my own style with day to day interactions. I live my philosophy, and that often bucks the local culture in this wannabe-a-zillionaire yuppieville around here.

That's the most I get political. Make statements by expressing myself how I see fit. Besides that, just working on projects that am passionate about and baby step larger spheres of influence than I could do just being a crazy hairless ape same as the next.

Not sure what else to say. You can choose to stay slumped, else enjoy the ridiculousness and carve your own path. At least, that's what I do. Stay funky, my friend.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join