It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Lost Hope

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: Ksihkehe
Certainly. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Temporary or maybe permanent edit here.

Yeah, there are many many pages there. I got through about 14 and arrived at the point when you where complaining about being 16 and didn't have things handed to you... all about an $800 dollar loan. $800 is an easy stake to build up under the table in a couple weeks if you're homeless and willing to work for cash.

Can you direct me to the actual post in there I should be considering because I am not going to wade through any more pages, past the 14 I already did, expecting something andlooking for this insult you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Stop drinking fluoridated water.
I'm serious.
I used to go through bouts of feeling that very same way.
Get the fluoride of your system...it's the very substance they used to get the Jews into the ovens peacefully.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I appreciate all the responses.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I remember reading the thread and being a bit pissed off at a couple responses to Calstorm, these two spring to mind and if I am wrong Calstorm, I apologize!

link

link

I just thought they were stupid responses, and to me reading this site for many years and getting to know things about folk, they seemed to be well directed and a bit nasty if you know what I mean?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
The only person who is responsible for your present position is you. And you are the only one who can change it.

I agree.

I have everything I want in my personal life. I am not really depressed, but my feelings towards the world are pretty negative right now.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I know how you feel. This society just doesn't fit me personally. I feel so limited and held down by all the rules and stipulations that come with such a world. I would much rather be somewhere in the Amazon living with one of those tribes. They have so much less to worry about and are so much more free than we are. I don't resent the world, but I do feel some kind of anger toward it. This isn't how it was meant to be.

There IS nothing that was "meant to be".

Need to face the facts, they hate pretty much everything around them too.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Where or when would you be able or had been able to live where you would have not felt like a animal trapped in a cage?

Do taxes really make you an animal in a cage? To me that comparison would only be about people in prison, you know locked in a cage.

1) Where could I live? Good question. I would say that I don't believe laws or statutes that try to limit freedom where there is no victim of person or property are just. Not so much a place, but an idea. Live and let live.

2) No, taxes don't really bother me that much, but I am tired of all the rights we are losing in this country. I really don't want a world government. The FEDs are bad enough.
edit on 2015/10/18 by Metallicus because: Fixed Auto-correct

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

On the topic, I know where you are coming from, and I have noticed your mood change lately, especially in the political threads, I do hope people don't only see that side of you, because it would be an unfair picture!

If it was me, honestly i'd just take a step back from the obvious things I know are getting to you, and don't forget that the people who are your opposites on the political spectrum, feel just as passionate and also hopeless as you are feeling right now!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
...are you the kind of person who is willing to work with others to change things for the better?

Probably not. I don't generally enjoy participating in groups, clubs or causes.

I like a person, but not people.

I am basically a porcupine. I won't bother someone that doesn't bother me.
edit on 2015/10/18 by Metallicus because: Spaced for readability (no text changed)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

On the topic, I know where you are coming from, and I have noticed your mood change lately, especially in the political threads, I do hope people don't only see that side of you, because it would be an unfair picture!

If it was me, honestly i'd just take a step back from the obvious things I know are getting to you, and don't forget that the people who are your opposites on the political spectrum, feel just as passionate and also hopeless as you are feeling right now!

Thanks for the good advice!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Thank you, and you are correct.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I have been led to analyze my own need for freedom, which is incomprehensible for the culture I live within.

I have had to explain it to those around me by placing their need for security as of equivalent force.
My desire to feel free and independent reaches levels of feeling necessary for my survival. It was only in examining that need that I suddenly understood the comments I have heard from french people about Americans being "sauvage"- or wild, untamed.

When it comes to this, yes, I can be something like a wild animal who goes ape$hit when placed in a cage.

I thought that was a part of human nature. Until I saw that in another culture, it is not the case. They don't mind having friends tell them what they should do, how they should live their life (too much of that and our friendship is over for me.)

They like feeling secure, supported, protected. Not necessarily by legitimate authority figures though- they don't need powerful police, military, or politicians- their need is for their equals to provide this security (and they provide it for their equals).

It seemed strange to me. Made me question- if it is not inherent human nature, than why do I feel the need for freedom so strongly??? Why the need for independence in order to feel safe?

I came to the conclusion that it is because of my upbringing and personal experience as a child. I feel safe with what I know and am familiar with.
I learned to trust myself, I did not learn to trust others. I was always given freedom, and was never forced to accept the guidance or protection of another, so never learned to trust others. I have direct experience with my own skills, but being under the wing of another is really just something I imagine can only go wrong. In fact, if I try to trust the guidance of others, I will jump on the first hint of problem as "proof" I should not have listened to them....
Whereas if I faced the same problem while under my own guidance and advice, I respond with, "wait, this is just a tiny bump in the road, I'll get over it...."

Confirmation bias works every time for me.

Is it good or bad to be tame or wild? I don't know. Those who are tamed here seem to have a fear of being alone and without any support that is equal in strength to mine of being caged and protected.
I sometimes ask- "have you ever been in the type of situation you fear? Of being homeless, of being without friends or family? Of having only yourself to depend upon?"

They always say "No", but that they imagine it must be the most horrific state of being possible.
(I've been there, done that, found it wasn't that bad and don't fear it)
So their fear of freedom is as based upon imagination as mine is, of being protected!

We tend to adhere to that which we know and are familiar with. That's all I can see for now. I'm used to freedom and lack of protection and security, so I need that. Anything else is scary and I fear for my life. Not necessarily because I think others have bad intent- more because I fear their ignorance, their lack of experience, their inability to understand me and what is best for me.

I guess us humans do have some things in common. Fear of unknown, for example.

An after thought- why is it that, if we americans decide to trust another, we decide it HAS to be someone in a official role of authority?

If we HAVE to count on someone, we'd rather that be a president, a policeman, a soldier, our employer, our teacher, rather than choosing to trust our neighbors, our family, our friends, our coworkers, our fellow students?
Perhaps to soothe fear as much as possible by telling ourselves, this authority figure is here because he/she knows more, is more capable, more skilled, more strong, than other people, so I gain a little less risk in trusting them, than my neighbors or friends (who are equal to me in status).

Perhaps though, this is changing. It seems to me the younger generation now has learned the value of collective force and support in a way us X Gen's didn't. Maybe they'll be better at leaning on and trusting each other.
edit on 18-10-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: berenike
The only person who is responsible for your present position is you. And you are the only one who can change it.

I agree.

I have everything I want in my personal life. I am not really depressed, but my feelings towards the world are pretty negative right now.

Not to sound like a Hippy, but... could it be that so much negative thinking from so many people is contributing to the misery of the World?

Perhaps that is why the newspapers are full of stuff to frighten and depress people?

The World itself is a beautiful place and there is a lot each of us can do to keep our own little corner happier. Just appreciating the beauty of nature can make a huge difference to one's Being.

Honestly, focus on what you can do each day to add to the joy in the word and see how your efforts start to stack up

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

You offered a amazing respone.

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I just spend waayyy too much time in self analysis.
I used to be ashamed of that, because it does make me "self centered" or "self absorbed" much of the time.

On the other hand, I have seen, with time, in that discovering myself, others get a hand in discovering themselves sometimes.

And strangely enough... underneath all that "I" and "me", we come upon an expected "we".

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I hear you. Though there is much beauty and love and wonder, there is also tragedy and pain and devastation for so many who suffer for one reason or another.

There are many changes and challenges in life. For myself, I can only take one day at a time and hope for the best. I know I am not alone.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
So, you feel like a caged wild animal because...in a nutshell, you feel like you didn't get your way in anything under the sun. No, really, that's how your "rant" comes off, thinly veiled petulant whining. Say it with me now, "First world problems, yeesh!"

However, if you're really having issues in general with life, you may want to do something proactive about it, such as counseling or behavioral therapy. As anyone who's struggled with mental health can surely attest to, letting those feelings fester can simmer into something more insidious if you don't take the bull by the horns early on.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I have to ask you how happy/unhappy are you in your current job?

Your post resonates strongly with how I felt and responded while I was working in one of the largest pharmaceutical corporation's factories for years. The environment itself was depressing but the experience as a whole is what I describe as VERY similar to an abusive relationship. Wearing me down. Making me feel bad. It's my own fault. I'm not worth anything. I don't deserve better. I can't leave. All the same qualities.

I have struggled with and will always likely struggle with depression. When I was working there, it brought it all up to the top and reflected in my life much in the same way you're referring to.

Thankfully, I was fired by a terrible new boss who marked me when I shook my head at a meeting and proceeded to find the quickest pathetic corporate excuse to do so.
That was over a year ago and I'm finally healing more and more. I still have the irrational fear that any job I get will be the same as that one. (I'm telling you - just the same as though I were abused) But, I know that I'm happier than I was. I can feel the change.

All the horrible things in this world still depress me and affect me very strongly and similarly as you mention. But this one change has let me take a couple steps away from that ledge and start to look forward just enough.

Perhaps it's not your job, but any number of other things in your life that could be causing this. It just rings too true to not say anything.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Some great responses herein; know that these are thoughts shared by many in this world, therefore you are never alone. Leaving this for you OP, and others passing by this way...

A prayer for the wild at heart
Kept in cages
I know how you long
To run wild and free
To feel your blood pumping
To hear your heart beating faster
Yet you can’t
For you are locked inside a prison
One that you will never escape
I can hear your howls of pain
And your growls of frustration
Pacing back and forth
Clawling at the bars
Tearing at your skin
Begging to be set free
Your eyes are wild and full hate
You face bears no smile
Only a snarl of anger

Blood drips from your hands
Blood from the people
Who didn’t understand
Your fearful whimpers fill the air
As you look to the full moon
And let out a mournful howl
You voice gets louder
As I and the others join in
When let our pleads fill the night
As we sit in our cold cages
Praying someone will hear

~ Tennessee Williams - Stairs to the Roof

Edited To Add - I realize that this is a little stark, but the visual imagery is one that I never forgot. May we all be just a little kinder to each other, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
edit on 18-10-2015 by MoonBlossom because: More Words

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You've lost hope? What were you hoping for to begin with?

What you're saying is that you've lost your expectations you so ignorantly placed upon the world and since you aren't getting what you expect to receive you feel justified in wrecklessly attacking the world around you.

You're a narcissist. Get off your self-loathing pity wagon and get outside into the real world and help people that are less fortunate than you. Learn what compassion for others feels like and maybe you'll eventually learn to get over yourself.

Narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's own beliefs and/or attributes. It originated in greek mythology when Narccisus fell in love with his own reflection in a puddle.

You're like Narcissus, except you expect an ocean instead of a puddle and you'll double-cross anyone who doesn't assist your expectations.

This world is filled with people like you, help us by helping yourself. The truth is bitter sometimes but someone has to speak it.

Every bitter end leads to a sweet beginning.
edit on 18-10-2015 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join