It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Lost Hope

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Kia Ora Brother

Youre mirroring the sentiments I have been feeling exactly.

Since rejoining the interweb community after years of having a "series of unfortunate events", (jobless, homeless etc) and updating my mental hard drive with the latest goss from all corners of this reality, its no wonder you feel the way you do.

Nothing has changed, in fact I think it has gotten worse.
I instinctively feel we have gone past the point of no return.
IMO this realm is going to implode big time.

Wether it be war, financial, environmental catastrophe etc. I know it will be something that we collectively couldve prevented if the 99% would just wake the f..k up!

Few that are awake are not enough.

Ive been trying to inform those who want to listen (and those that dont) on the reality of our situation, but I dont think Ive influenced a single soul over all these years to even take the slightest interest on anything thats really important to the future of this planet and its inhabitants.

Bread, circuses, rugby, the Kardashuns and Justun bebo is the flavour of this society.

Its frustrating as hell, and I dont know what to do either.

All I want to do now is to get a mobile home of some sort, disconnect from society and watch it implode from a distance.

The fight is gone from me, Im tired and I want to go home.

I know my rant is not going to help but at least you know youre not alone.

Kia Kaha

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Although we disagree on almost everything politically I agree with much of what you are saying.

This version of the matrix is more than just a cage it's a hell that is impossible to fully break free from.

We have been sucked so far down the rabbit hole there is no more light, just shadows on the wall that everyone is competing for.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The way you feel is one of the reasons I choose to believe in a saviour...regardless of the fact that religion seems to be fabricated mumbo jumbo. The world is jodido..imo..and its only going to get worse..

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Man was no more meant to be ruled than the Tiger in a zoo. You have discovered what is wrong in the world, we just need to throw off the political rule and ruination of our life's and we would be much happier.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Depression can be a good thing as it starts some self exploration and some thinking.

The trick is to come back out of it ...hopefully with some ideas on how to make your portion of the world a little better... especially if that just means being better to the other frightened people around you... and to yourself, because, despite little differences, they are exactly like you.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Some of my best opportunities at living life have come to me at some of my darkest times.

When you have nothing to lose, you have everything to gain.

So reach out and do something different.

What could you lose? Nothing.

What could you gain? Amazing things if you let them happen.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good post, I agree.
it sounds like you may have depression.
it hapens with animals in zoos to.
I feel more sorry for the animals.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Using the tragic death of someones parents and children to insult them, instead of addressing the points they made in their post, is a little bit more than snapping at someone. Right now I see you as the little kid who pokes sticks into the cages to provoke the captive animals than the person who is rallying for freedom.

I'll work on forgiving you, but I will never forget.

Your rant does not explain your narcissistic and abusive streak. Many people feel the way you do, but they don't use someones grief as an Ad Hominem attack to avoid addressing the issue raised.

I am more than willing to accept an apology and forgive, but let me ask you this, are you the kind of person who is willing to work with others to change things for the better? I hope you are. I want to believe that your words were just a terrible mistake of lashing out at someone you thought you could hurt instead of directing your anger at the real culprits, but will see.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I understand but don't have much to say about it. I feel the same way unfortunately

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have been thinking about how to write this 'rant' for several days, but I didn't really understand what the problem is that caused my current malaise. I have been feeling, empty, passionless, angry and sad all at the same time. I don't like who I have become.

I am honestly to the point where I don't care anymore. I don't care who gets elected. If you guys want Hilary then great. You want Bernie or Trump? I literally don't care. It doesn't make any difference who 'wins'. None of the mainstream politicians represent me anyway.

I have been snapping at people on ATS and in my RL. I just don't feel hopeful anymore.

And then it hit me...I have a perfect analogy for how I feel. I feel like a wild animal in captivity. What is even more amazing is that there are people here on ATS and in my RL that just love been kept in their cage. They have become domesticated and embrace the zoo and love the zookeeper.

Why aren't you happy you might ask? We get free health care, we get fed each day and we get to live in a safe and reasonable facsimile of our natural environment.

The problem is it isn't enough. When we enslave zoo animals we understand deep down that there is something inherently wrong and that a wild animal needs to be free, but we are unable to apply that same logic to ourselves and other human beings. Maybe some of you have been 'domesticated' and truly enjoy being kept safe, fed and cared for by your keepers, but I feel empty, angry and resentful.

I try to manifest my basic feelings by railing against laws and authority. I don't like being told what to do and I don't accept the authority of our 'keepers'. I was born into this captivity, but I inherently know it isn't what I want.

Why would I want to live with risk and danger and roaming the plains wondering where my next meal is coming from? I might die or starve or be killed...why would I WANT this?!

My answer...I honestly don't know, but I know it was the way I was meant to live. Now when you see me speak up against your packaged ideologies or newest ideas for a perfect society...you now know how I really feel. Now you know why I am so angry and why I have lost hope.

I finally understand myself and now you do too.

Here, here! I know EXACTLY what you mean.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Using the tragic death of someones parents and children to insult them, instead of addressing the points they made in their post, is a little bit more than snapping at someone. Right now I see you as the little kid who pokes sticks into the cages to provoke the captive animals than the person who is rallying for freedom.

I'll work on forgiving you, but I will never forget.

Your rant does not explain your narcissistic and abusive streak. Many people feel the way you do, but they don't use someones grief as an Ad Hominem attack to avoid addressing the issue raised.

I am more than willing to accept an apology and forgive, but let me ask you this, are you the kind of person who is willing to work with others to change things for the better? I hope you are. I want to believe that your words were just a terrible mistake of lashing out at someone you thought you could hurt instead of directing your anger at the real culprits, but will see.

WTF are you talking about?

I really hope this is a mistake and you are posting in the wrong thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I am referring to the OP's attempts to insult me by using the death of my family in another thread. Given that the OP is now trying to make excuses for his behavior, that includes insulting and attacking several member, with this thread, this is indeed the appropriate thread.

Without an apology for the way he treated me and other members, I find it hard to view this thread as anything but an attempt to excuse his behavior.
edit on 10/17/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The only person who is responsible for your present position is you. And you are the only one who can change it.

Put your energies into improving your lot instead of sniping at the wrong targets.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
When in a vulnerable position, especially when exposing ones weaknesses to the world, it is really easy to be snippy to people.

Dont make that THE big issue in this thread.
edit on 17-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So you're depressed because we aren't living like troglodytes anymore? No one is keeping you from going into the woods and finding a cave to live in...just don't go to a hospital if you come down with trichinosis or cholera.
edit on 17-10-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

People using facebook like there's no tomorrow

Politicians using trendy word such as 'selfie'

A new trend coming everyday and everyone follows like there's no tomorrow

People working #ty jobs - just so they can live their life, sounds like a happy life - but yeah everyone should just go do what they want right? Ah no I see, someone needs to build those parts for your daily things.

90% #ty music is all I hear on the radio

Everyone wants to live on a healthy planet but on the same time they want everything to be discount - furniture - meat - fruit - cars, you name it!

People following celebrities.

Maybe I don't quite see where the fun part is or maybe I'm just not a part of humanity.
The only think I see is wonderful is Friends and Family, having me own kid someday.

But the rest, pretty useless.
We got some pretty places tho'.
edit on 10/17/2015 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Oh jeez. I was slightly worried until i got to the part where you said you didnt care who gets elected. Are you effing kidding me? THIS is your rant? THIS is causing malaise? Lol...

1) We're not in ANY WAY in control of who becomes president. 'Voting' is fake.

2) It makes NO DIFFERENCE who becomes president. The ship is on a fixed course.

3) Please re-evaluate your expectations for 'hope'. Its not coming from our government.

Find something else to have faith in asap!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

I am referring to the OP's attempts to insult me by using the death of my family in another thread. Given that the OP is now trying to make excuses for his behavior, that includes insulting and attacking several member, with this thread, this is indeed the appropriate thread.

Without an apology for the way he treated me and other members, I find it hard to view this thread as anything but an attempt to excuse his behavior.

Care to provide a link to where they insulted you and other members?

Either way, is it addressing this thread? It would seem to me that if they insulted you, for whatever reason, then it violates that T&C and should be removed. It should be addressed in the thread where the violation happened.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is only a test...

This life is a preparation for the next...

Fire on the Altar MP3

One of the main reasons you were placed on this planet was to be tested by God...

HOW CAN I FIND GOD?

"Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy ... Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter ... therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator." (1 Peter 4:12)

Notice in the first verse that the Lord is specifically targeting our faith when He allows trials to come our way. He really hammers home this point when He says that our faith in Him is even more precious than any of the gold of this earth. He then makes an extreme statement when He says that this faith will then be "tested by fire."

Having your personal faith levels in the Lord tested by fire is not something most people want to hear or talk about in this current day and age. ...many pastors have decided not to talk or teach about this topic because it is so uncomfortable to talk about...

God is not causing all of these bad things to happen, thereby causing this kind of horrible suffering. Since the Bible tells us that there is no darkness in God, there is no way He could cause some of these bad and horrible things to occur.

These bad and horrible things are all occurring because of the Adamic curse that is still in operation on this earth. And until that curse is fully and finally removed when we get the New Heaven and New Earth, a certain amount of physical, mental and emotional suffering will not only be a part of this world and life, but it will also be a part of our individual and personal walks with the Lord.

This is why every single Christian needs the knowledge, revelation and understanding on this entire part of the walk with our Lord - so they can properly handle this type of adversity and suffering when it does come their way.

WHY PEOPLE GO THROUGH TRIALS

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Certainly. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Temporary or maybe permanent edit here.

edit on 10/17/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join