It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Your ATS Avatar Tell About You?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Wow! What a awesome response. Thank you for contributing all that dragon art. It is cool of you to share it with us.

Have you considered your element is fire AND air, simultaneously? Whenever I see dragons I always recall the movie Eragon. I will now have to Netfilx it and watch in your honor.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Interesting. Upon first glance, I thought it was musical notes in the background!

I am also a rancher and know about critters that moooo....

Thanks for your contribution!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Or "Samhain", if you are a practioner of the old ways.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tattooedlunchlady

What is it that makes you like tatoos? No judgement, just sincerely curious.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thank you, Peppycat!

I have only to look at that smile and get lost in the moment.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Not at all! It reminds me of a cameo my great gran wore when going to church. It's detailed and lovely!

One of my favs thus far.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: chr0naut

yeah but what cartoon? he looks like an interesting character. whats his name?

It is a cartoon of me, drawn by a cartoonist some years ago.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose
We were quoting a movie called Motel Hell. A guy named Farmer Vincent makes people into meat. Everybody tells him how good it tastes and don't know what they're really eating.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I have no idea

someone tell me

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The current image reflects my appreciation for both human and non-human crop circles (even if they are fake, they are still a work of art). The crop circle motif is a tribute to my old avatar from another forum long ago that really got me down the rabbit hole. Finally, the fractal pattern called out to me this year, as to me it represented how everything I've experienced this year is connected to something else. It's a bit hard to explain.

Or, it could be me trying my hand with image editing, and I picked something easy.

-foss

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: notmyrealname

I reacted in the same manner when I read the post. I am not trying to amuse and if someone is watching...yes, I really did manage to chip my front tooth ob a bra hook.

Your avatar strikes me as authority. The piercing eyes speaks volumes.

Chipping your tooth on a bra hook,

Dude, you know that are better ways to do that....

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

All natural. We set it up on end, stabilized it and left it. A friend visiting from afar took the picture of it and went home. Two weeks later she sent us a picture and blew our minds. Perfect position, perfect time of day.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Cheddarhead

She is mysterious and alluring. She represents that which resides in your minds eye....but your screen name does not...?

The avatar is one of my most perfect creations. The screen name was by impulse. I joined finally when our police chief made a national fool of himself and I just HAD to put in my two cents worth in.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It's is all of the above, it is symbolic of who I am and who I want to be. It is a reminder and a challenge to hunt out the great mysteries in life. Orion the hunter is my guide and a calming and turbulent force in my life.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Mine speaks for itself .. i am a broken man

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

a reply to: skunkape23

Beats the smell of road kill skunk or horse#.

She has rolled in a few times with the scent of angry live skunk more than once.
Horse # smells like a bouquet of roses in comparison.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Well, I wanted something that fit the site in some way, and also something I personally liked. "V" seemed like a good choice for both reasons. If you are familiar with the old miniseries, you'll get the first, and for the second, I LOVE the series! Plus, Marc Singer was smoking hot!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I've purposely chosen to leave my avatar untouched so as to not influence others reading my posts in any particular way.

There are many cool avatars here, but I find that the images do have an impact on me no matter how I try for them not to.

For instance, MrSpad. Love his avatar(and his posts). Who isn't a big fan of Kurt Russell? And the image he bears in his avatar is of MacReady in John Carpenter's The Thing.

MacReady is an ideal, trustworthy hero. I canNOT help but trust what MrSpad says just a LITTLE bit more than others solely due to the honest, down to Earth, All American guy represented in his avatar. I often read his posts several times to assure that it's something I agree with just because that image is so strong to me.

Phage bears the image of John Lithgow; another famous and excellent actor. Thankfully, Lithgow has portrayed his share of bad guys as well, so his avatar does not radiate "unquestioning trust" to me as MrSpad's does. However, I highly value and respect his posts so much, that's it's to the point where I see LIthgow's image and think "that's Phage". Seriously. I often (this post included) have to look up LIthgow's name as that face registers to me as Phage instead.

Truebrit is another one. (and was pleased to see your post here) His avatar isn't of an actor or character, but rather himself who just happens to look like the kind of easy-going, fun-loving dude that would be great to know in RL. Again, I have to double-read his posts to ensure I'm not just automatically agreeing with the most friendly looking guy on this site. And it still doesn't matter all the time, because that association is already there.

It goes the other way as well, of course. If I see someone with a scary clown(not a fan of them) as an avatar, I'm ready to not give them the benefit of the doubt. The same is true to a degree when I see an avatar that's strongly religious based. It has a negative connotation to me and thus influences my reactions at least a little bit even though I try hard for it not to.

I'm not just saying I'm easily influenced by these images. I'm saying EVERYone is in their own way. Heck, it's the reason advertising has the selling power that it does. I'm not trying to say "Down with avatars!" because I think people SHOULD be free to express themselves in forums as they choose. I'm saying that they are frequently influential is all.

I also mean no disrespect to anyone I mentioned in this thread nor do I think you should change anything. Seeing the familiar "faces" is a nice part of this site. I'm just expressing my thoughts on this topic.

I am considering changing my avatar to something small, just to not be so completely generic. But, then lazy.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

a reply to: charolais

Interesting. Upon first glance, I thought it was musical notes in the background!

I am also a rancher and know about critters that moooo....

Thanks for your contribution!

Very cool! There are a few of us mixed in here

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I have always been Fascinated by Dragons, and been Awed of Their Majesty.

So Sharing Images of them is no problem at all, and Fun for Me to do!!

In a way, Dragons are ALL Four Elements!
They are well 'Grounded', (Earth) Can Fly, (Air), Breathe Fire, (Fire),
and one needs Water, (Water) to put out the Flames of Their Wrath! LOL!!

Eargon was a cool Movie! Loved it! I am Honored that You would do something in My Honor, such as Watch that Movie!

Also it is very fitting that Your reply to Me here is the First Post on Page Six, (Syx) of Your Thread!

How Cool is that?! LOL!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join