It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Your ATS Avatar Tell About You?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
Yep, this...is...it! MY very first thread.

For weeks I have lurked, laughed, and dared to post on your threads. Some have been kind in response to my comments; a few...not so much. I've seen your avatars and, for those of you who care to share, I am very curious about your choice.

Why did you choose your particular avatar? How does it represent you; what's its significance to you and say to your fellow ATsers specifically, if anything?

Maybe you just think it's cool and you chose it in the moment. Perhaps it reminds you of a lost love, a time of triumph, a statement about who you are in this cruel world....

I am sincerely interested. You avatar is your first representation to this community and many of them are brow raising, beautiful, creative, confusing, harsh, naturesque, funny, etc.

Mine is personal. I know this young one, held him in my arms, and watched the smile form and spread across his pudgy, adorable little face; he is in the age of innocence and hope, being loved, happy, and innocent of e v e r y t h i n g.
No hate or intolerance, no preconceived notions, no wrongdoings (the 2am diaper changes are nature's fault!) Life for this little guy will start to change soon and I wanted to preserve that innocence, the contentment in the moment, as a it is a time stamp of a life beginning in pure wonder. ( I obtained permission to use this pic.)

My Avatar is "a new beginning".

What's yours?

to be honest, i dont even know how do to one, lol. but when i do ill tell you!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eldemie

The Nice Folks at "Avatar Creations 2015" would be more than Happy to help You! Just tell them what You are interested in for an Avatar, and they will make You one, Free of charge of Course! ALL the People/Artists there are VERY Nice People!! They will work with You until the Avatar of Your Dreams has been created, and installed!! Even if You take days to get it just right, they will Be with You ALL THE WAY!

So to head on over there, just CLICK RIGHT HERE, And You will be on Your Way!!! Have Fun there!
Tell 'em SyxPak sent Ya!
Later, Syx...
edit on 19-10-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Gargoyles were originally created to divert water away from buildings, ages ago... I think that's right?
Check this out! Cool or What?

Oh. Hey what Story are You referring to?
And I wanted to touch on Your Statement of "Ginormous"!!

Yes it was a Huge Beast! And about the card, We got more than that! We had worked tons of Overtime so we made out very well on that Job!! Very Well Indeed!!!

And Oh Yah, Ginormous. That describes this Guy Pretty good too!!! Don'tchYa think?!! LOL! WOW! I Just Love Im!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
What Does Your ATS Avatar Tell About You?

♪♫ Mine says it best
When it says nothing at all...
♪♫

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I chose mine to honor my military career and the beloved F-4 Phantom that I was fortunate enough to maintain for 8 of those years.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CT_Flyboy

Thank you for your response and more so for your service!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I believe you are correct about the gargoyles.

That ginormous dragon would make an awesome avarat as well!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

LOL on Avarat!! If that's a typo, well then oops! LOL!
If You did it on purpose, That's a Good one!
I raise my Coffee Mug to You! I like it!! LOL!!

That would be a pretty cool Avatar though! It would be more cool if We could have a space across the top of our Comment Post boxes to use for Our Avatar space! Then we could use larger Images!!!
A space about the size of Your comment Box above this one would be very cool!!

Of course that would probably take up even more storage for the Servers here... Alas... It would have been cool...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Alas, twas a typo, but humorous none the less.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I can't really say other than I just like the look of them and I like having permanent works of art with me all of the time. I didn't start getting them until age 50, I'm now 60, and I'm glad of that. If I had gotten them at a young age, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be ones I would still be enjoying. I often wonder when I see younger people with their zombie or skull tattoos will they be happy with them later on?

Anyway, as a gray haired older woman that's fairly heavily tattooed, I guess they also make me feel somewhat unique and that's saying something when you think of how common tattoos are now!

Thanks for asking, as you can probably tell, I enjoy talking about tattoos!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Ummm...well...my Avatar clearly states how unpretentious an individual I am...right...?

Actually...if you think about it really really hard...my Tabula Rasa of an avatar might just be the ultimate expression of non-expressionism...OR...possibly an open invitation to close ones eyes and imagine that...potentially...every stinking avatar ever to exist...is already present there and merely requires a little firing up of wonderment to visualize...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Actually your avatar is uncreatively creative!!

It is simplistic, yet gets the job done. Good job!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If I remember correctly, they aren't actually Gargoyles, but were called
"Water Monsters" but they look very similar to Gargoyles.

I could be wrong, it's been a while since I watched a documentary about it.

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It seems most folks here have great avatars, and incredible reasons for what they choose.

I am new.

My avatar just simply reflects my name, which is Fowlers' Toad ... a terrestrial amphibian on the North American Continent.

I chose a partially - dissected amphibian (frog) for starters as my avatar ... because of my amphibian type name, but also my scientific urge to dissect every topic, to see what is inside/behind it without prejudice.

What better avatar could I have chosen to start here on ATS?

I will get a better one in time ... and one that is animated.

It will always be an amphibian though, like Fowler's Toad

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Not to cause thread drift, but I have never heard they (gargoyles) were Water Monsters, considering their elements are earth and air, mostly air. But I will do a tad research now you've sparked my curiousity and my thirst to know more. I thank you! Rebelv!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Excellent and fitting avatar, Fowlerstoad. Thank you for your contribution and informative info about you.

I recall 7th grade biology class and my experience in frog dissection, moving on to pig and then.. I hung up my hemistats.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Hmmm. I hadn't heard that before, about Gargoyles being called Water Monsters.
It would make sense though, considering Their Purpose...
Interesting Info You have given Me.
I Thank You for that!
Makes Me want to look into that further!
Syx...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Yes a Humerous Typo indeed!!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I have often Admired Your Avatar YS!
It Bespeaks Rythms of Curiosities and Wonderments Galore!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Mine says I'm a loving, caring person that would be able to cook an excellent Japanese hot top sushi meal.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join