It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Your ATS Avatar Tell About You?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i stumbled across the autobiography of malcolm x online, and thought id like to know more about this person, read the first chapter, and got hooked. I thought it was pretty cool how he travelled to Mecca, found true Islam, and promptly discarded his racist views, and as I was reading it, i looked up some more information and found this picture, its actually an enhanced version of the original, but hes protecting his family from the Nation of Islam (a racist version of American Islam, not true Islam) after he left the organization and received many death threats.

I guess nobody really knows for sure when the picture was taken, but it might have been during an interview for a magazine. Vogue magazine maybe? In the 90s, some gangster rappers copied the pose for their album cover, with different guns, most with blinds instead of curtains... Emulating the paranoia of a drug dealer.

So hes really paranoid, but with good reason, checking out the window with a large gun, trying to protect his family, and I thought it looked pretty cool and somewhat fitting for ats because when you just look at the picture without the context, it could be Any danger hes looking out for... and there's the ever present paranoia looming over a good many threads here

The fact that I'm a white guy with a Christian upbringing who still follows the teachings of Christ and has a black Muslim as my avatar just means I believe we can all get along and even learn from eachother and look up to eachother and there's no reason we need to try to eliminate one another, no matter our differences.

. So it has a couple of different meanings, I guess, although people won't know that I'm white or a follower of Christs teachings unless I bring it up, but that doesn't bother me if people assume I'm black or Muslim.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Totally agree. Is the color of vehicle in your avatar incidental, or is there meaning behind it being white?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ozsheeple

There is meaning there even if it is subconscious. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Your avatar is profoundly interesting. A map, a story, a conversation starter all rolled up in one. Is this who you are or what you seek? Appreciate your contribution!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

Ooh, I envy your avatar!

You should have taken an avatar of the TARDIS materializing!

edit on 17-10-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

I resonated with your avatar the first time I saw it. I am an "animal" person and have recently had a conversation about needing to work on my meditational skills. I feel clogged.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Mine says that it's Halloween...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

If you mean me, I am always being watched. I am okay with that.

Now, care to share the reason for your avatar?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Your response is what I expected fron looking at your avatar. Give no quarter and ask for none...

Appreciate your reply and contribution to the thread!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Kindred.

Awesome avatar. Speaks softly yet loudly.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Lolol...don't we all from time to time? Show it off...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Mine is a robotic bull with math equations in the background to show my career in engineering & mathematics, but there is also a real Charolais cow because I grew up on a farm raising cattle and horses (and still do).

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I like tattoos and I love cats, so I decided to use my newest cat tattoo. Also, this is a Victorian image as are most of my other tattoos. I love many of the works of art from that era.
edit on 17-10-2015 by tattooedlunchlady because: decided to add an additional thought

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: NewzNose

My avatar contains no deep meaning, other than the fact that I dislike facade, and choose to be unflinchingly honest about my approach to things. To whit, my avatar is a GIF image of myself, drinking dark rum copiously. It makes no political statement, and contains no vast wisdom. It is merely a dapper looking, extensively hairy gentleman getting thoroughly drunk.

BS free since 1985.

I have always wondered if that was you? Very cool gif.

Always have enjoyed your posts.

Rum though....

Yuck.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I'm a big Hunter S. Thompson fan and, Fear and Loathing is one of my favorite movies.

"This is bat country". LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: smirkley

Totally agree. Is the color of vehicle in your avatar incidental, or is there meaning behind it being white?

Aside from the fact that my car looks stunning in white with black trim, I guess subliminally, it is more pure and truthful, than a dark sinister style.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I like BLO

I have seen things that would scare the # ouuta many

I don't like the taste of beer

How could anyone like Lost? Went to hell mid season 2, IMO.

COOL AVATAR!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

How does it ward off ill will?

It's a very cute cat and b&w makes it more defined.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Meat: the reason we hunans have incisors.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

She's beautiful, loyal, playful, and loves Italian food.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join