It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Floating City" above China? (Weather Related)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So I came across this today and the video kind of freaked me out. Apparently it is simply due to the way light bends through different levels of the atmosphere. I've heard of things like this but never seen something this wild. I would hope to witness something like this with my own eyes one day.

Floating City above China - sort of

Enjoy!

Note: I couldn't quite figure out which forum to put this in so I apologize if this is in the wrong spot.
edit on 16-10-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
really cool, heard about this kind of effect but never seen an example.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Oh, how I would love to see that.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Never heard of the effect before and it does make you wonder.

Nice catch.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Fata morgana occurs near the horizon. That is nowhere near the horizon.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ha! I love it. Bluebeam test, Temporal vortex, parallel universe, or top secret holographic technology.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Read about this yesterday, found pretty interesting. I didn't know there was a phenomenon that could cause this illusion. Either way probably should be investigated.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87
Not much to investigate. It's likely a mirage. The phenomena has been around a loooong time. It wouldn't surprise me if it is responsible for what some people describe in ancient manuscripts.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's definitely macro scale holographic projection. Asian has already debut Holotech that doesn't require a standard casting medium (ie smoke and mirrors), just the Earth's ionosphere. Check the video in the link at 2:20. They show snapshots of its use at high altitude.

www.pulseheadlines.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Very strange, I do't see how this could be a mirage, those are distinct buildings you can see and do not reflect the landscape where the clouds are, although of course you cannot see behind the camera, nor can it be cloud formation as again they look like buildings with very straight lines and square.

No Idea what it is, very interesting though

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Not much to investigate. It's likely a mirage. The phenomena has been around a loooong time. It wouldn't surprise me if it is responsible for what some people describe in ancient manuscripts.

No there's a couple you just have to time it right. El Derado is one. The other is really tough because it sit atop a giant turtle and he's a sneaky bugger.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hey man, you got a joint?

It'd be a lot cooler if you did...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Hey man, you got a joint?

It'd be a lot cooler if you did...

That's what I like about those ha-school girls....

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Klassified

No there's a couple you just have to time it right. El Derado is one. The other is really tough because it sit atop a giant turtle and he's a sneaky bugger.

Lol. Well, there ya go. Cases in point.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Too many details to be a fata morgana; I see windows even in those buildings.
Too straight to be clouds.
"Common phenomenon" but it only happens in China?
Have no idea what it is, but I don't buy the "illusion" version.
Nice find, OP.
edit on 16-10-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Absolutely fascinating.

I couldn't help but notice a youttube link in the article to a story from April where people in Africa claimed to have seen the same thing.

Hundreds of African villagers claimed to have seen a floating interdimensional city-like UFO.

The incredible event took place in a local border village called Dulali, in Lanzai South Ward, Darazo, Local Government of Bauchi State, Nigeria.

EDIT: I didn't watch the video and make no claims about the content. Just found it odd that it predates the China story that actually has video.

edit on 16-10-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

No offense OP but your source is hardly the most credible news outlet. In fact most of it is pretty much sensationalism, if not outright mumble jumble.

From the same "news" source:

www.express.co.uk...

Evidence of life? 'Statues, tomb and dead alien discovered on Mars'

Of course, a picture of rocks accompany this claim.

Real life Star Wars? ‘Millennium Falcon’ UFOs snapped beaming across skies

Have scientists discovered real alien 'Death Star' in far-flung corner of our galaxy?

Here Star-Wars ships pictures, like the kind generated by Deviantart artists, are plastered across the headlines.

Do earthquakes and boiling geysers mean volcano that could WIPE OUT life is about to blow?

Obviously the author does not know about the existence of extremophile bacteria.

Oh and by the way, the End of the World was two days ago:

Public warned to be on red alert for 'devastating EARTHQUAKE by end of TODAY'

(This article was written the 14th. )

So... I would take their claimed "flying city" article with a grain of sodium chloride.

edit on 16-10-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

dont ruin the fun with logic....
------

hmm, no clear explanations yet, good.

lets speculate more and and theorize with no scientific basis.

a) parallel 'universe' that appeared in the sky that simply appeared and didnt impact anything else in terms natural force fields or weather.

b) UFOs... drunk ( or their equivalent) ETs

c) secret hologram project that was projected not in a remote location, but somewhere the 'secret' can be seen by everyone

d) light bending/distortion due to mixing of different gases with ionized particles at different temperatures from the stratosphere to mesosphere that needs the right climate and conditions to occur; possibly why its rare and localized in specific locations around the world..( not likely )

- the last minute of the transcript in the video gave me a chuckle.
edit on 16-10-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Does the reflection or whatever it is resemble any known place?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Logic is apparently not very popular around here...

Just make a video of a flying city using special effects, and poof! everyone runs with the ball.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join