It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Floating City" above China? (Weather Related)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: amsterdamn87
Not much to investigate. It's likely a mirage. The phenomena has been around a loooong time. It wouldn't surprise me if it is responsible for what some people describe in ancient manuscripts.

I assume you're speaking of Vimanas and city / base sized flying craft mentioned in Vedic texts and so on?

If so, i wouldn't think this optical phenomena (if that is indeed what it is), is applicable to at least those descriptions and texts, as the texts also describe in detail the capabilities of the machines, the materials required for their construction, special diets and clothing (pressure suits / anti-radiation suits?) the pilots were supposed to have, and the methods of flying the craft were also written down.

Far too much detail to be attributed to a relatively rare optical phenomena or mirage.

edit on 17-10-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
So I came across this today and the video kind of freaked me out. Apparently it is simply due to the way light bends through different levels of the atmosphere. I've heard of things like this but never seen something this wild. I would hope to witness something like this with my own eyes one day.

Floating City above China - sort of

Enjoy!

Note: I couldn't quite figure out which forum to put this in so I apologize if this is in the wrong spot.

Fatamorgana / mirage..... As old as travelling humans. This is also what would make people wander around in the desert trying to reach a city.
Instead the image would be project from 100s of kilometres away...

Parallel dimension? This generation of young people is so #ing stupid and ignorant.......
edit on 17/10/15 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

This generation of young people is so #ing stupid and ignorant.......

Pardon?

Some of the best theoretical minds, a lot probably from your generation, talk about and theorise about such things themselves...i don't think many would call those people stupid and ignorant for doing so.

Thinking out of the box is partly what drives discovery. It's pioneering, not ignorant, even if ultimately the theory turns out to be very wide of the mark. It's just as important for science to discover what doesn't work, as what does work..it was after all one of the methods used by great innovators of the past, Edison used this method and process of elimination to great effect.
edit on 17-10-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Strange that this "flying city" video gets posted right after the movie Age of Ultron, in which a city starts floating in the sky.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It looks like a cloud..... Those who see something in this cloud are probably the same people who see structures on pictures of Mars photographs. It looks like rocks to me and shadows... In this case it is a cloud with varying height.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm with Joni Mitchell on this one - definitely clouds. In this case, with copious amounts of rain falling out of them.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

There was an additional video, from another city though - but image is clearer and stunning. I really do not see how this could be purely optical.

Perhaps quantum entanglement or holographic projection?

Ghost city

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Maybe, as our solar system goes through the equatorial plane of the galaxy. Which is does every so often. Things activate or change here on Earth. All the "star gates" ancient peoples created that now seem old and dormant might fire up. It could back the hypothesis that obelisks were created to harness energy. Stone Henge.. the great pyramid. Maybe as we travel through different parts of our galactic plane, we encounter area's were our known physics could be slightly different or altered. Allowing worm holes or FTL travel.

Maybe we've been in a slump for a while.. and now were going back into the world of magic and fantasy

One can hope!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And Then.....

Pulp MAGS

Air Wonder Stories ( 1929 ) yes from a Pulp Mag

Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind Mother Ship (model)

Although .. I Call Bull #!!

Blue Bean Test ( Hologram perhaps )

Who Knows ..

Still I like the Mysterious Phoenix Lights ..

Is this evidence of a parallel universe?
Sightings of a 'floating city' in China
are simply an optical illusion, say scientists

Residents in Jiangxi and Foshan captured the phenomenon on film
The event was down to an optical illusion known as a Fata Morgana
It's a type of mirage that distort objects and can be seen on land or sea
Conspiracy theorists claim the sighting is a test for Project Blue Beam

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... sts.html#ixzz3oqNYnsXs

www.dailymail.co.uk... sts.html

or its Shangri La LOL

Shangri-La
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 62015SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago10289 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I've seen this sorta thing before, but it was nothing like this.

There have been times when I've walked up a beach and the shore in the distance looked as if it was at a higher elevation. It was pretty cool.

Mother nature is the best illusionist.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Time Traveler Who Spent 2 Years in The Future 2749 - 2751 THE MONTAUK & PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT

The Montauk Project was a series of secret United States government projects conducted at Camp Hero or Montauk Air Force Station on Montauk, Long Island for the purpose of developing psychological warfare techniques and exotic research including time travel. Jacques Vallée describes allegations of the Montauk Project as an outgrowth of stories about the Philadelphia Experiment.

Al Bielek Travels to the 28th Century from the Philadelphia Experiment.
He talk about cities floating on anti gravity technologies.

Could it be a possible a time warp from the future?

edit on 17-10-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

No, it's not a time warp from the future, it's not a city flying over Taiwan using antigravity, it's not a portal to another dimension. It's called a hoax video from a dubious chinese source. Even the "thousands of eyewitnesses" are non-existent.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Your source please?

OR is this just an opinion? Yours more specifically.. with no proof other than your own biased opinion?
edit on 17-10-2015 by Triton1128 because: ...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Read page 2 mate. I am tired of repeating myself, I have exposed all the flaws on page 2 and the possible motive for the hoax on page 3.

edit on 17-10-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If you google it.. there are many news sites posting about it now.

Apparently its a "verified Illusion". Its funny because they say its common. But how common is it to see an entire city floating in the clouds. Over 30 years on this planet and I've never seen anything of the sort.

I love how it only takes ONE person to dismiss something inexpiable. Seeing a floating city in the clouds is NOT common. I don't see how if this event actually took place, how it could be brushed off as something common or normal.

ITs not.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128

If you google it.. there are many news sites posting about it now.

All parroting the original source. Mirrors are but mirrors. Popularity in Google is a poor indication of truth.

edit on 17-10-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

But with no other avenue to search, we're stuck digging in a haystack for a needle.

Of all the "bogus" claims out there. I'm positive some is truth. If there isn't a chance of ever knowing. What would be the point of this site, or community's like ATS looking for the truth.?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
if that's the case then where is the city it is reflecting? it should look like an actual city so which one is it?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
well not to mention it should actually look like the city it is reflecting so which city is it reflecting? does China have a city that looks like that?

a reply to: Triton1128

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
well what city is this reflecting then?

a reply to: Thecakeisalie

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join