It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fox News Terrorism Expert Who Wasn't

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well he convinced the fools that watch FAUX news to be pro war. so i guess he did his job.
edit on 10/15/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DelMarvel
One possibility is that despite standard conspiracy theory dogma the CIA is as much of an inefficient beauracracy as any other government institution and dealing with this just fell through the cracks.

It seems like a lot of people have gotten away with impersonating CIA and military experts but I've never heard of it at this level.

So, the EPA is apparently inept at vetting their employees too.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good old blame FOX thread.

Funny, when other msm lies are pointed out you get crickets.....

Mention FOX and the stars and flags just roll in.

Like there is any difference in the amount of BS propaganda spewed by the rest. It is ALL the same.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Googling Simmons gets a lot of hits with "right-wing" in the title. CNN, Huffington, et al, seem to be having fun. Would it still be news if he were left-wing? Probably not because then only FOX would report it. The topic is fraud! Why lead with political affiliation?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Ya the Brian Williams scandal didn't get any coverage at all, you are right!
/sarc

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I am far, far more disturbed that he successfully pulled a fast one on the feds, obtaining top clearances, than the fact that the background checks FOX performed didn't turn up his fraudulent claims.

He received security clearance and was paid by the contractor but apparently never received training and wasn't deployed. That's interesting. Sounds like fake position that was used to get him paid. I wonder if the security clearance got rubber stamped with a phone call?

You found that? Really? You went through 3 years and 21 days of Rumsfeld Tweets today and amazingly found this pimping of a book written by a man who, at the time of the tweet, was still considered on the straight and narrow by everyone outside of the guy he had just defrauded in a real estate scam? That's amazing, my friend, simply amazing!

I don't really get your attitude but whatever. When it comes to political debate, I can't really take anybody who thinks a rebel flag background is a worthwhile protest all that seriously.

People are assuming that he lied about most of what was in his bio (including me at first) but lets suppose that everything after 2002 is true and he really only had to pass muster with a couple of gatekeepers associated with Fox News before he was moving in the right circles?

How much of what followed do you think was attributable to his appearances on Fox News? If he was first on Fox News in 2002, presented as an ex-CIA terror expert and he was saying the things that the Bush administration wanted to hear, how many doors do you think that opened? How many introductions were made? How many private parties, fundraisers, etc do you think he wound up at, rubbing shoulders with the likes of Rumsfeld?

His bio says, "In 2004, under the direction of Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld, he became a part of the Pentagon Outreach Program for Military and Intelligence Analysts." and 8 years later, Donald Rumsfeld is hawking his book on Twitter, describing him as both a friend and ex-CIA. That alone makes it significant as it may very well indicate that Rumsfeld was well acquainted with Wayne Simmons and that this man was potentially privy to intelligence and influential in policy decisions of the Secretary of Defense of the United States of America.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Googling Simmons gets a lot of hits with "right-wing" in the title. CNN, Huffington, et al, seem to be having fun. Would it still be news if he were left-wing? Probably not because then only FOX would report it. The topic is fraud! Why lead with political affiliation?

Utter nonsense. You do realize that Fox News has something like a 64% share of the cable news market? Right? That conservatives DOMINATE talk radio over the air and on satellite?

Meanwhile, CNN has been accused in half a dozen threads today alone for shilling for Hillary.

Something tells me that your perception of reality is a bit skewed by your intake of conservative media which in a rather perverse (and ingenious) twist, pushes the myth of the liberal MSM.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I honestly have no idea who the guy is. I don't watch FOX news and haven't for over a decade aside from their coverage of Katrina and Fukushima. My point was, as somebody who considers all mainstream news media to be ridiculously biased and untrustworthy, the fact that he was able to be in a position to have clearance of any sort on the federal level is a lot more concerning than him pulling the wool over FOX news' eyes.

As to my flag, and? It isn't a statement of protest, it's a combination of heritage, counter cultural defiance, and just a touch of "because I can" middle finger flipping. It's also intended to bring a little bit of sorely needed perspective into things... which relates strongly to the topic at hand, IMO. In the grand scheme of perspective, should this story be focusing on the fact that a liar and a fraud got himself in front of a camera, or the fact that a liar and a fraud got himself in a position of security clearance on the federal level? Which one of these two things is more serious?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Brian Williams was a nightly news anchor. The jackass in question here was on TV as a periodic guest. There's a world of difference there. This man answered questions and made statements as part of a panel of guests, Brian Williams set the narrative for entire reports.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It is about lying, that was my point. And that someone lying on 'leftist' media like CNN wouldn't get coverage.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
LOL, not surprised. Many will sa that all the MSM lie...but FOX has always taken the cake.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
And this is a good one :

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Aug 29, 2007 - Cavuto
Sep 30, 2007 - Fox & Friends
Dec 11, 2007 - Fox News radio
May 15, 2009 - Live Desk
Jan 25, 2010 - Cavuto
Aug 9, 2010 - Fox News radio Kilmeade & Friends
Jun 15, 2012 - Fox News radio Kilmeade & Friends
Jun 27, 2013 - Michael Savage Show
Feb 1, 2015 - Cavuto

6 times on TV in 8 years of a 24/7 network, for 3 minute taking head spots. Scandal!

It's not the first one, as shown by the video I put up. FOX does this over and over just for ratings. The prey on their elderly audience.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

6 times on TV in 8 years of a 24/7 network, for 3 minute taking head spots. Scandal!

It's not the first one, as shown by the video I put up. FOX does this over and over just for ratings. The prey on their elderly audience.

They all 'prey' on their audiences. Fox is not special. It's up to us to filter out the infotainment.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Teikiatsu because: missed a

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: reldra

They all 'prey' on their audiences. Fox is not special. It's up to us to filter out the infotainment.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Teikiatsu because: missed a

FOX has the biggest elderly audience and it gorws smaller every day. I don;t see any other network 'preying' on anyone. CNN online has become less news and more entertainment, but on TV they are a fair source for news. FOX has just gotten more and more partisan...Good GOD...they employed Sarah Palin.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
A liar & a scoundrel, no surprise there, as if Faux News employs any other kind.

K~

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I rarely star posts but I starred yours because you get it 100%. It's not just that this guy was misrepresented by Fox, it's that he was saying everything an administration wanted to hear, and was very likely considered an expert in the echo chamber that lead to us kidnapping random people and torturing them for information. On top of that he was almost certainly privy to information that he shouldn't have had. This is just about a worst case scenario for a domestic security failure.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Six times? Did you not read the part where I said those were just some of the appearances that were in the first two pages of results on YouTube?

How does your comment make sense in light of that? It doesn't.

But here's some more directly from foxnews.com:

Aug 8, 2003 - Fox News Live
Dec 16, 2003 - DaySide with Linda Veste
Dec 17, 2003 - Studio B
May 27, 2004 - FOX & Friends First
July 14, 2004 - Studio B
Aug 2, 2004 - The Big Story with John Gibson
Feb 3, 2005 - Studio B
Aug 4, 2005 - The Big Story
Aug 20, 2005 - FOX & Friends
Dec 2, 2005 - Studio B
Nov 13, 2007 - The Big Story With John Gibson and Heather Nauert

AND ON AND ON AND ON. Search foxnews.com yourself, "wayne simmons" will return 104 results.

Apology?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

Or maybe because he's a lying POS? But let's go blame Obama and Hilary for his actions...

Perhaps Obama being a lying POS is now blaming this guy for his own guilt?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
He is a "Walter". All British servicemen should get that reference.

He is the same sort of bizarre and pathetic loser that pretend to be a Navy Seal or a member of the Paras. The reason that they get away with it for years is not because they are so smart, but because hardly anyone gives a damn. Until they are found out and then they get outed...hard.
edit on 16-10-2015 by Leonidas because: Because I can't spell...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join