It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fox News Terrorism Expert Who Wasn't

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A long time 'Terrorism Expert' who frequently appeared on Fox News has been arrested by federal prosecutors and charged with lying about a 27 year career with the CIA.

NY Daily News - Fox News commentator lied about career with the CIA, charged with major fraud against U.S.: indictment

Fox News might officially have its Brian Williams — and he’s in major trouble.

A “former CIA operative” who appeared as a guest commentator on the right-leaning news network has been allegedly revealed as no such thing, according to a federal grand jury indictment.

Wayne Simmons, 62, was arrested Thursday and charged with false statements, major fraud against the U.S. and wire frauds, the Washington Post reported. He faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

His career history might not be his only alleged lie — in his appearances on the station, Simmons also used his supposed CIA chops to smear GOP rivals and spread questionable claims about Muslim militants in America.

After Simmons' bust, the network said it had limited dealings with him.

“He was a guest only and had never been paid” for any appearances, a Fox News spokeswoman told the Daily News.

Fox News is trying to downplay their relationship with Simmons of course but I was curious, how often has he really been a guest of Fox News? Well here's just some of the results from the first two pages of a YouTube search detailing a very very long history of appearances:

Aug 29, 2007 - Cavuto
Sep 30, 2007 - Fox & Friends
Dec 11, 2007 - Fox News radio
May 15, 2009 - Live Desk
Jan 25, 2010 - Cavuto
Aug 9, 2010 - Fox News radio Kilmeade & Friends
Jun 15, 2012 - Fox News radio Kilmeade & Friends
Jun 27, 2013 - Michael Savage Show
Feb 1, 2015 - Cavuto

According to the I figured that was enough to get the point across. Fox News isn't alone in their failure to vet this d-bag apparently as he was able to to con his way into some positions with unnamed government contractors and parlay his minor celebrity status into a 2012 novel.

EDIT:

Here's the bio from the first page of his website:

Wayne joined the U.S. Navy in 1973 where he was recruited by the Central Intelligence Agency to became part of an Outside Paramilitary Special Operations Group. He spearheaded Deep Cover Intel Ops against some of the world's most dangerous Drug Cartels and arms smugglers from Central and South America and the Middle East . Simmons has been a Terrorism Analyst for the Fox News Channel since 2002. In 2004, under the direction of Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld, he became a part of the Pentagon Outreach Program for Military and Intelligence Analysts. Simmons was one of the first outside Intelligence officers to visit GITMO (Guantanamo Bay , Cuba ) in July, 2005 and again in July, 2006 and March, 2008. In July, 2006 Simmons was given the distinguished honor to serve as a consultant to the Bush White House to assist in the construction of the Military Commissions Act of 2006 which was signed into law by President Bush in October 2006. In 2008 Simmons came out of retirement and trained as Team Leader of the HTT, Human Terrain Team’s, that were scheduled to deploy in Afghanistan. In 2010 Simmons served as the S-2, for the Counter Insurgency Advisory and Assistance Team, CAAT, at ISAF HQ, Kabul, Afghanistan. In 2014 Wayne had the honor of becoming a member of the Citizens Commission on Benghazi a position he still holds. He has written a novel, The NATANZ DIRECTIVE to which the movie rights were purchased by PATRIOT PICTURES LLC, for production in 2016. Wayne is the sole inventor and PATENT holder of the Fraud Prevention Software, HADRiAN. He is currently the CEO of Securus LLC, a Delaware Limited Liability Company.

Looks like he has been appearing on Fox since 2002 (maybe, who knows!). I was going to bold some of the more interesting (and ironic parts, "sole inventor and PATENT holder of the Fraud Prevention Software") but I quickly realized that'd leave only a handful of words not in bold. I wonder how much — if any — of this is true about his relationship with the Bush administration?
edit on 2015-10-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Those damn Lazy researchers.

It's always the damn lazy researchers.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This guy went out of line, so he's being taken out of circulation.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Those damn Lazy researchers.

It's always the damn lazy researchers.

No need to research when you are going by an agenda.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

This guy went out of line, so he's being taken out of circulation.

That is what I was thinking. That is a LOT of cred, and recent, too. How can you make all that up without someone noticing? He is legit, but being discredited for some reason we do not know.

edit on 15-10-2015 by HighDesertPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
OUCH. Look what I found on Donald Rumsfeld's Twitter feed:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Dear oh dear...

Some people are just not well...

I could hold his issues against him, but personally I've grown a little in the last couple of years (since I signed up at least) and now I wish him all the best and hope he gets the help he deserves.

I don't think people like this can help themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

Why can't it be that he just lied and is getting caught for the lie?

If he really was an agent that needed to be silenced you think they would make a big deal about it and a publicly known thing or just make him disappear?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
He must have struck some deep nerves for the FBI to go after him.

Sounds like another possible Obama Administration "silence" effort.

Or maybe it's because he was all ready to expose Hillary and possible espionage !!!

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Or maybe because he's a lying POS? But let's go blame Obama and Hilary for his actions...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Don'tcha know they are the root cause of everything?
They are omnipotent beings that just go around causing people to lie cheat and steal, duh.
edit on thThu, 15 Oct 2015 17:52:25 -0500America/Chicago1020152580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The man had top security clearance as a government contractor from 2008 to 2010 based on the same backstory. He was discovered thanks to a real estate scam that caused his entire persona to be investigated.
assets.documentcloud.org...

I am far, far more disturbed that he successfully pulled a fast one on the feds, obtaining top clearances, than the fact that the background checks FOX performed didn't turn up his fraudulent claims. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it is probably pretty difficult for any NGO to fact check a claimed career with the CIA, considering the secretive nature of the agency and the jobs the individuals within perform.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
OUCH. Look what I found on Donald Rumsfeld's Twitter feed:

You found that? Really? You went through 3 years and 21 days of Rumsfeld Tweets today and amazingly found this pimping of a book written by a man who, at the time of the tweet, was still considered on the straight and narrow by everyone outside of the guy he had just defrauded in a real estate scam? That's amazing, my friend, simply amazing!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He had a TS clearance? How is that possible? What's the point of background investigations if they can't discover fraud.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thanks for the link.

It is tough to find truth in all the propaganda spin.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'll bet Brian Williams was right there uncovering that too and Dan Rather would be happy to supply some interdepartmental memos about it all.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
One possibility is that despite standard conspiracy theory dogma the CIA is as much of an inefficient beauracracy as any other government institution and dealing with this just fell through the cracks.

It seems like a lot of people have gotten away with impersonating CIA and military experts but I've never heard of it at this level.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

There's a lot in the charges that is missing info. Unfortunately, I'm sure much of that won't be shared with the public (for instance, it would be great to know exactly what he was doing as well as what the government is acknowledging as his real background.) I'd also really like to know why the charges make a point of the fraudulent "No criminal record that wasn't associated with arrests and charges stemming from official CIA operations." That portion of the charges *could* be tied with some manner of scape goating by the government. They have done that in the past, disavowing any and all knowledge of an undercover's actions if they're captured or discovered for international/political reasons.

I think the real issue here is the real estate fraud which alerted the feds to potential problems with this particular human resource.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
One possibility is that despite standard conspiracy theory dogma the CIA is as much of an inefficient beauracracy as any other government institution and dealing with this just fell through the cracks.

It seems like a lot of people have gotten away with impersonating CIA and military experts but I've never heard of it at this level.

It doesn't seem to bthat hard.

A longtime senior official at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency admitted to accepting almost $900,000 in pay and benefits for work he didn’t do by pretending he was away on missions for the CIA.

John Beale, 64, pleaded guilty today in federal court in Washington to stealing government property. He collected paychecks from about 2000 through this year despite absences from work that he explained by falsely claiming he was on assignment for the Central Intelligence Agency, according to a statement of his offense reviewed in court.

Beale engaged in this “scheme of deception for over 10 years,” U.S. Magistrate Judge John Facciola said today. “You claimed you were working for the CIA even though you never did.” Beale didn’t comment except to answer Facciola’s questions aimed at making sure he understood his plea.

So, the EPA is apparently inept at vetting their employees too.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He must have struck some deep nerves for the FBI to go after him.

Sounds like another possible Obama Administration "silence" effort.

Or maybe it's because he was all ready to expose Hillary and possible espionage !!!

wow...you figured it out!!...good for you....remember, Obama is the one to blame for everything wrong in your life...in America.... and in the world. can't keep anything secret from you

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join