It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of ISIS? Terror group 'on verge of defeat' as Russian jets cut off arms supplies!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Don't you guys think you should wait until the battle is actually over before you do a victory dance?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Do you think that ISIS and the other rebel forces have a chance of winning this thing ? really ?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The United States is not interested in meeting with a Russian delegation of military top brass to coordinate actions in Syria until Moscow changes its approach to fighting terrorists in the country, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said in a briefing on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, President Putin said that Moscow had proposed to send a Russian delegation, headed by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, to Washington, as well as to hold a meeting on the Syrian issue in Moscow.

“As described by [Russian] President [Vladimir] Putin, this was a delegation that could facilitate military cooperation coordination between the United States and Russia,” Earnest said. “To be blunt about it, we have said that we are not interested in doing that, as long as Russia is not willing to make a constructive contribution to our counter-ISIL [Islamic State] effort.”

Earlier on Wednesday, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said the United States rejected the possibility of sending a delegation to Moscow or receiving Russian officials in Washington.

Lavrov also said that a Russia-US agreement on prevention of accidents in Syria’s airspace should be implemented any day.

The US-led coalition and Russia are currently carrying out airstrikes against the Islamic State terrorists in Syria.

Russian Air Force started the precision airstrikes against terrorist targets in Syria on September 30, following a request from Syrian President Bashar Assad.

The United States has been critical of Russian efforts, arguing that Moscow’s actions empower the Assad government, which Washington considers illegitimate.

The US-led international coalition has been conducting airstrikes against Islamic State militants in Syria since 2014 and also training and arming the so-called moderate opposition. Washington has also been urging political transition in the country.

The US and Russian authorities have held three rounds of discussions on deconflicting mechanisms in Syria since the beginning of Moscow’s operation in the country.
russia-insider.com... So it looks like Putin is making the proper moves and unlike Ukraine will make it very official and very well known that Syria will be declared a no fly zone in the not too distant future .

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Do you think that ISIS and the other rebel forces have a chance of winning this thing ? really ?

Not exactly. Russia will simply lose. How long has this bombing gone on now? Have you seen any casualty figures? For all we know, the Russians have been bombing empty buildings for the past week. When the dust settles, a single Daesh flag flying anywhere in Syria will be proof that Russia failed. Daesh is not a nation-state that can surrender and sign a treaty, it is a vicious religious cult that will metastase and crop up wherever the Syrian army isn't. Putin was a fool to get involved, just like Obama was a fool.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

You Putin fanboys are way too funny. The last time I looked neither Aleppo nor Idlib have been ISIS strongholds. So how exactly are attacks on those cities supposed to end ISIS? ROFL

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

"Hardly" not hitting targets seeing the cry's from the US about Russia bombing their assets in Syria ..But like Russia has said , tell us where your assets are and oh give us your ISIS targets while were at it .....crickets .....mmmmm wonder why ?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Putin has balls. Which is something America lacks now. Hes not afraid to send the middle east back to the stone age if it means wiping ISIS out. I bet the only reason Russia isn't nuking ISIS is due to the no-nuke laws in place.

Russia will continue this until ISIS is wiped down to a nub. Putin wont stop or hold back.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

You Putin fanboys are way too funny. The last time I looked neither Aleppo nor Idlib have been ISIS strongholds. So how exactly are attacks on those cities supposed to end ISIS? ROFL

Because those areas stand between Assads ground forces and ISIS.

As history and current US bombing has shown airstrikes without ground troops are useless.
Nothing gets done.

So Russia needs assads forces to retake the land from the other terrorist groups first before it can move onto ISIS territory.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Maybe those places are where the US assets are but seeing the US wont tell then those places will receive bombs based on the best estimates of terrorist operations .... not all terrorist are ISIS after all .

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

So Russia needs assads forces to retake the land from the other terrorist groups first before it can move onto ISIS territory.

Just so we can get this out of the way: how do you feel about civilian casualties? What is your attitude towards depleted uranium ammunition? Cluster munitions?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Considering the enormous negative opinion of ISIS in the world, I would score world opinion surrounding the actions in Syria..... Russia-1 U.S. and NATO - 0

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Just so we can get this out of the way: how do you feel about civilian casualties? What is your attitude towards depleted uranium ammunition? Cluster munitions?

War sucks. People die.

When dealing with groups like ISIS you cant fight with gloves on.

And seeing as thecUS and the UK are guilty of the exact same things we have no moral high ground on this regard either.....just ask Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The Saudi's have been dropping cluster bombs in Yemen that were made in the USA ....war sucks the big one ...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I think 'Putin' and 'Russia' have done a great job since they interveened. The USA, UK and other Nations have been twiddling there thumbs wanting something else to happen it seems.

Lets hope 'Russia' get every last one of them ISIS fools and those 'Refugee's' 'Asylum Seekers' can return home.

On the downside though, some of these ISIS rebels and supporters have made their way to Europe since 'Merkel' opened the door... finding them will most likely be more difficult among the sheep.
edit on CDTThu, 15 Oct 2015 09:51:35 -05000000003109x135x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The only way to get rid of ISIS is by using brute force and going to War. Which is what America should have done and its what Russia is doing now. Russia is doing what America didn't have the balls to do.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Depleted uranium and civilian casualties yes it is terrible what the coalition force's did to Iraq and Afghanistan but try stay on topic
Do you condem Isis and western support of Isis yes or no ?????

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I will give you one word:
volkswagen

This so called "civilized world" (now-days specially "western countries") is made of Hypocrites and liars.
The only point is: Invest money to make more money, enslave people and destroy world environment, by doing such.

Sad but true. We are controlled by: money makers. abusers. violence. haters. power struggles.

We should all go for love and respect for everyone's dignity.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

What a beautifully written post. You've pretty much summed up my exact thoughts that I couldn't put into words. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RyleeNator

Depleted uranium and civilian casualties yes it is terrible what the coalition force's did to Iraq and Afghanistan but try stay on topic

You are the one who changed the topic; do you approve of Russia causing civilian casualties in Syria? Do you condemn them for using depleted uranium?

Do you condem Isis and western support of Isis yes or no ?????

Of course I condemn "ISIS," and I condemn anyone who supports it. I also condemn Putin for dragging Russia into another losing situation. I also condemn the west for mixing in for the same reason. (Or don't you read my posts?)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
The only way to get rid of ISIS is by using brute force and going to War. Which is what America should have done and its what Russia is doing now. Russia is doing what America didn't have the balls to do.

That's like saying "the only way to get rid of Communism is through brute force." You cannot destroy an idea with bombs. You would think Putin would have learned that in the KGB.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join