It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Medical Issues ongoing ..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
have no idea where exactly where I should have put this ...because I'm not sure if it's a conspiracy or not....and it's not a rant...however, over the past 4-5 months, I've be completely unable to get a hold of anyone on the phone for state health insurance to tell them I've attempted to applied AGAIN for the 3rd time over the phone or internet to see if I'm eligible again.

Yea....not entirely sure what is going on .. but suffice it to say, I'm now in default in my health insurance due to the state being uncontactable by phone or the internet NOT saving my information OR forwarding it to management....

Also, EBT funds where allowed to be shorted at the beginning of this month for us struggling to get by, when we didn't get the form to reapply as we normally would when they send out the letter WITH the form; at the front desk, multiple people in the office, kept stating they sent out a letter stating we should now go online to reapply....issue is .. I never got the letter and some people didn't see the small print....causing a $30.00 decrease in our monthly funds....

now.. multiply this by 45,510,153 or half of that and you can do math of how much was saved on this 'little inconvenience'....food stamps participation

Anyone else dealing with all this .. cuz' in my world....with unemployment being rampant...we're looking at very very tuff times ahead

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

New here, but sounds like if you had a job and weren't relying on taxpayers to pay your way... there wouldn't be a problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: payuporgtfo

That's not really fair...
Don't we all count on all tax money for something in our lives?

A fellow human is hurting and looking for help and advice and this is it?

Shame really
edit on 12-10-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: payuporgtfo

New here, but sounds like if you had a job and weren't relying on taxpayers to pay your way... there wouldn't be a problem.

I'm new here...? to Earth? Good luck on becoming human.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I deal with, and see this every day.

Granted it may be unfair to pass judgement on someone online, when i see completely healthy people swipe EBT cards at the grocery store I get a little unnerved... ALL THE TIME!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

I'm new here...? to Earth? Good luck on becoming human.

Haha hardly "new". been reading for years. not biting lol (ya I know your MO)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

To be fair, it's entirely impossible to judge someone's true health while standing behind them in a grocery line.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

To be fair, it's entirely impossible to judge someone's true health while standing behind them in a grocery line.

And the completely healthy 20 somethings that play football everyday on the lawn outside my window yet hang a handicapped sign from their mirrow and pay with EBT cards at the store.

All Im saying is.. there is too much fraud, and people living off of other's dime shouldn't complain.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I can certainly empathize with your position in some circumstances the system is rife with abuse.
Not all. Now, I don't know this member personally.

I just think sometimes we are quick to judge.
Maybe the person who appears healthy may be buying groceries for someone who is not able to get out.

In my profession, people are seen using EBT cards and personal checks of those they support.
There are tight checks on those activities but, to the rest of the world I understand how it could appear...

Just saying...

I have some family members who are "using" the system. I can't say they are "abusing" as a Doctor said that they were disable...could not hold a job...yet, they are physically healthier than I...really... so...as I say...
I can empathize with your position, in some cases...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here in the U.K public funds have been slashed and as a consequence services have been affected.

The IMF are encouraging Western Governments to punish the poor and reward the Rich. When you have situations we have seen in Greece, where the €Billions of loans went directly to the banks, you can see why we are experiencing such service.

Meantime, guess how large their 'Industrial Military Complexes' are?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

The IMF are encouraging Western Governments to punish the poor and reward the Rich.

why do you think this is?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You have absolutely zero idea if anyone is healthy or not, you're just making assumptions based on your own ignorance. Spotting someone with advanced Parkinson's or ALS is rather easy. Someone with Lupus or moderate MS.... not so much.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

You have absolutely zero idea if anyone is healthy or not, you're just making assumptions based on your own ignorance. Spotting someone with advanced Parkinson's or ALS is rather easy. Someone with Lupus or moderate MS.... not so much.

Are you trying to say that half of Americans had Lupus or Moderate MS?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It is also very hard to just spot the working poor in a line at the grocery store. Nearly 10 million Americans qualify for assistance despite being gainfully employed.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

And the completely healthy 20 somethings that play football everyday on the lawn outside my window yet hang a handicapped sign from their mirrow and pay with EBT cards at the store.

All Im saying is.. there is too much fraud, and people living off of other's dime shouldn't complain.

tell you what...when Exxon pays no federal taxes and gets a multi-million dollar refund, isn't that living off someone else's dime?.....the poor don't have the lawyers that these corporations have nor the lobbyists...
www.sanders.senate.gov...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Budgeting can be difficult, for sure. I've certainly had to change my budget every year since the ACA kicked in and my premiums skyrocketed every year.
Add in there the ever increasing tax rates and passing most all of the subsidy thresholds and it has sure been rough ultimately paying for a bunch of others.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You aren't trying to say that half of the U.S. in on SNAP?

I'm truly asking a legitimate question.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

No. I'm saying you have no right to judge anyone's relative health based on your inexpert and limited observations. Are you trying to say half of Americans have an EBT card now?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
tell you what...when Exxon pays no federal taxes and gets a multi-million dollar refund, isn't that living off someone else's dime?

Yes, yes it is. I'd be thrilled to eliminate both the corporate and the citizen welfare in America completely. That would be true capitalism and true personal responsibility.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiteNGale2

It is also very hard to just spot the working poor in a line at the grocery store. Nearly 10 million Americans qualify for assistance despite being gainfully employed.

could you please define "gainfully"? My understanding of the word doesn't seem to match yours..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join