It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Medical Issues ongoing ..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: jimmyx
tell you what...when Exxon pays no federal taxes and gets a multi-million dollar refund, isn't that living off someone else's dime?

Yes, yes it is. I'd be thrilled to eliminate both the corporate and the citizen welfare in America completely. That would be true capitalism and true personal responsibility.

This guy gets it! everyone pays, no one mooches. Is that not the definition of fair?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: payuporgtfo

No. I'm saying you have no right to judge anyone's relative health based on your inexpert and limited observations. Are you trying to say half of Americans have an EBT card now?

Half of Americans are using state/federal assistance... YES

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Gainful employment simply means that an employee works on a consistent basis and receives a consistent paycheck from an employer.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: payuporgtfo
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I deal with, and see this every day.

Granted it may be unfair to pass judgement on someone online, when i see completely healthy people swipe EBT cards at the grocery store I get a little unnerved... ALL THE TIME!!!

Good to know you are able to tell at a glance who is completely healthy by just one look. It would be a good thing if you put that skill you have to use for the good of everyone. I personally have died 3 times in the last 20 years but I don't look sick at all.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 12-10-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder

I deal with, and see this every day.

Granted it may be unfair to pass judgement on someone online, when i see completely healthy people swipe EBT cards at the grocery store I get a little unnerved... ALL THE TIME!!!

Good to know you are able to tell at a glance who is completely healthy at a glance. It would be a good thing if you put that skill you have to use for the good of everyone. I personally have died 3 times in the last 20 years but I don't look sick at all.

Regards, Iwinder

Over those 20 years, exactly how long were you dead for??.. probably less than a 5 minutes total. Are you trying to say that you can't do anything because you were alive 99.99999% of the time?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

To those peoples in the huts and villages across the globe struggling to break the bonds of mass misery, we pledge our best efforts to help them help themselves, for whatever period is required—not because the Communists may be doing it, not because we seek their votes, but because it is right. If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

Let both sides explore what problems unite us instead of belaboring those problems which divide us.

Address

I sometimes felt like you...

When my nephews (3) were dropped (literally) on my doorstep and struggled initially with my budget and was told that I couldn't receive any assistance.
When I feverishly negotiated their adoption agreement so that my oldest diabetic medicine would be paid for until he was 18...
When my Mom's situation became such that HER portion for her medicine was SO ridiculous that my S.O. and I just covered everything which in the end left her feeling bad and useless...so, we let her write us checks. It made her feel better...they went into the shredder and her bank account remained unchanged...

I just think it's all we can do, we have to do...we can't go into people's homes and investigate if they really need the help or not...
I think we need sometimes to just be more compassionate.
I was behind a girl (true story) in Krogers who worked for me a couple of weeks ago...

We got along well. When it came time to pay for her things she looked pensive and secretive and I happened to notice that the items were something you would buy with WIC. She signed some stuff then she paid with a card for the rest...
I looked away intentionally so as not to embarrass her as she was obviously hiding SOMETHING from me...

Her husband still works for the company. They don't make a lot of money...I get it...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

1st, you don't have to be sick to get ebt. 2nd, for people who are laid off due to company budget cuts(i worked with very good longterm employees that were unfairly laid off because after working for company such a long time their pay was getting to high for company to keep them, the company would rather have a high turn over rate at low wages) these people while looking for work need to eat! Should the honest good working folks starve because in your mind everyone is just getting a free meal ticket? And some ticket, these folks out there looking for work aren't getting all that much from ebt cards.

edit on 12-10-2015 by peppycat because: letter missing

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

No. I'm saying you have no right to judge anyone's relative health based on your inexpert and limited observations. Are you trying to say half of Americans have an EBT card now?

And if you are driving on roads or say taking trains - so are you. If you went to a public school - so are you....

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

And paying for it via property taxes and gas taxes, too! There is no subsidy or threshold at which these taxes magically stop applying to you as exists with income taxes.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

And if you are driving on roads or say taking trains - so are you. If you went to a public school - so are you....

YES, and i also pay taxes, a whole F#%$ sh*t ton of them. What is your point?
edit on 12-10-2015 by payuporgtfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat

1st, you don't have to be sick to get ebt. 2nd, for people who are laid off due to company budget cuts(i worked with very good longterm employees that were unfairly laid off because after working for company such a long time their pay was getting to high for company to keep them, the company would rather have a high turn over rate at low wages) these people while looking for work need to eat! Should the honest good working folks starve because in your mind everyone is just getting a free meal ticket? And some ticket, these folks out there looking for work aren't getting all that much from ebt cards.

Whoa there bud, being sick was in response to another comment. Please stop with the straw man.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

So...I thought about this and we have all went off on our own individual tangents...
I don't know if that is what you wanted/expected or not...
Anyway, to address your initial issues...

I've be completely unable to get a hold of anyone on the phone for state health insurance to tell them I've attempted to applied AGAIN for the 3rd time over the phone or internet to see if I'm eligible again.

Maybe the number changed?

Here's the number I found...
Healthcare.Gov
1-800-318-2596

Also, EBT funds where allowed to be shorted at the beginning of this month for us struggling to get by

Locally, we have some food banks and a Saturday soup kitchen...not much help if you are home bound!

Maybe some one can assist you if you contact the local ombudsman chapter assuming that you have one?...

Good luck! Keep us informed!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Sorry pal, on a lot of issues I am conservative or lean to that persuasion, but when it comes to social issues I have an understanding that to have a modern society you can not have the poor or sick,(mentally or otherwise) dying and starving in the street, it's just not ok under any circumstances,and from what I've seen you just don't like people on food stamps.

I have never been on them,but at one time in my life I was homeless and working and supporting a wife who had just left me for another man and our children.

Sometimes I would go two days without food because it was wiser to spend my money on a hotel and take a shower and rest in a bed so that I could be presentable for work and as to hide the severity of my situation. At that time in my life food stamps would of helped me, and there wouldn't of been any shame what so ever.

People fall down, people sometimes need help getting up. lambasting this person is completely uncalled for and a show of character.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

LOL!
MOST days you make me crazy!!!!

Today, not so much.

Well said!
Bravo!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have a handicap tag, but looking at me you cannot see that I've had a stroke.
So I'm slower and lose my balance easily. I did not ask for the handicap tag, my doctor told my husband to get it,
and gave him the papers to take to DMV. But, I know there are a lot more handicap folks now than there used to be.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

well I'm glad I could oblige, I just call it like I see it. Truth be told I might be spitting the same mantra if I hadn't had that experience and got through it.

Spending nights on the concrete staring up at the stars and still going to work is humiliating and painful a tough bid for anyone. I met a lot of people who were homeless made some good friends, friends I still visit and bring food to. ( I have a really funny story about that actually) but anyway what I found is that those people are not "bad people" many just got stuck and are paying for choices made many years ago, so I don't blame them for drinking either.

Many that I know have more morals and a giving character than I see in the professional world and it's quite tragic, and when I see this kind of smearing it upsets me. So I call it like I see it and always will. Glad I didn't make you crazy today.
edit on 12-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

And you SHOULD have it! Why shouldn't you?
Why shouldn't someone like me and mine who are perfectly capable of walking into the pits of hell (WAl Mart) unattended take a spot that YOU actually need?!

Exercise is good!

It took my Mom years to get one! ( a tag)
She would say "I don't need one, I have a wheel chair!"...

LOL NVM us lugging the chair out and picking her up and setting her in it!

THAT was back in the day before the wheelchair lift....

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

And that is because half of Americans are lazy welfare scofflaws? Or possibly be because the economy is crumbling and the real numbers of unemployment are through the roof, thanks to the results of true capitalism, ie free market unregulated capitalism, as opposed to the protectionist capitalism the US use to practice.

Well enjoy your little workers pride party while it lasts, because it's only going to get much worse, as the corporations chase the bottom dollar and the cheapest labor, while sinking amerika to third world status and destroying the middle class. After all it is the bottom and middle that pay for goods and services that drive the economy and with less of them working and being able to afford things, it's only a matter of time before you find your job gone and none to replace it. Then hopefully you will like the taste of crow, after all it will be about all you have left to eat, since your to good for government assistance.

I only kind of wish the internet didn't have anonymity and compassion less people like you with hard hearts could be added to a list, so you would never be able to access the assistance you despise so much, should you ever need it. After all you are immortal, immune to diseases and all manner of misfortune that could easily put you and your family in that tough spot one day,right?

Just my opinion though

edit on 12-10-2015 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Sorry pal, on a lot of issues I am conservative or lean to that persuasion, but when it comes to social issues I have an understanding that to have a modern society you can not have the poor or sick,(mentally or otherwise) dying and starving in the street, it's just not ok under any circumstances,and from what I've seen you just don't like people on food stamps.

I have never been on them,but at one time in my life I was homeless and working and supporting a wife who had just left me for another man and our children.

Sometimes I would go two days without food because it was wiser to spend my money on a hotel and take a shower and rest in a bed so that I could be presentable for work and as to hide the severity of my situation. At that time in my life food stamps would of helped me, and there wouldn't of been any shame what so ever.

People fall down, people sometimes need help getting up. lambasting this person is completely uncalled for and a show of character.

Throughout the years I have also tended to agree with your views on an almost exclusive basis. I'm actually glad to hear you don't agree with mine as I feel our views are in general so close, perhaps one of us can actually come to see the other's point of view ( as rare as it is on ATS).

I cannot pretend to have been as broke as you stated you once were... however.

At one point in my life, just after high school, I seemed to have been mistreated my university staff. Despite my extremely high test scores, and my mediocre yet acceptable GPA I repeatedly got denied acceptance into instate universities.

It turned out to be a huge mix up involving poorly trained undergrads handling mail and confusing old transcripts with new.. however their F%#$ up lead me on a journey of hardship to this day I have never forgotten.

I ended up spending 6 months of my life working as a laborer for a concrete company.

My daily routine started at 11PM: Get up and ride my bicycle 11 miles across town to the yard, where we would meet.

From there it was a 3 hour ride to the job site, where a dug trenches for 10 hours a day before taking the 3 hour return trip back to the yard.

From there... after 6 hours in a noisy van, and 10 hours shoveling trenches, I faced another 11 miles bicycle ride through my town in the middle of summer to get back to my place of residence.

I threw up, I was fed up, I nearly died several times( heart stopped due to lack of sleep, dealt with drunk late night chollos, and ran off the rode by careless drivers), but I never gave up.

I saved my money, wasted it on college, never finished my degree due to financial issues, and now work in a field that doesn't suit me nor was I schooled in.

But I do it... because I don't believe in rolling over. I faced hardship, but I don't allow it to define who am I today. I'm still a fighter, and Ill keep on fighting.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It can't be assumed that someone using EBT isn't working, there are many working poor that use them. Since they're working they're also paying taxes, thus paying in to the system. There are many people taking advantage of government benefits but there are also many people using them that aren't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join