It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand evolution.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

The truth of the matter is that Jesus quoted his Father's word extensively, and loved it.

Even when he was just a little boy, a lad of 13 years of age, he was found in the temple reasoning with the great and learned teachers, and astonishing them with his knowledge, and love of God's word.

And over, and over, over 500 times, he did things to fulfill Bible prophecy foretold in God's word in the Old Testament.

He himself said, that Jehovah, his Father's word, could not pass away until every single letter was fulfilled, sooner would heaven and earth pass away, he said.

When tempted, he did not rely on his own understanding, rather he aptly and correctly quoted the Old Testament, as truth, to refute the Slanderer and Liar, Satan the Devil. For example, when Satan, as the real ruler of the world, offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the earth, Jesus quoted the old testament to rebuke Satan:

(Matthew 4:8-10) . . .Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

What scripture in the old testament was Jesus quoting?:

(Deuteronomy 10:12) . . .“Now, O Israel, what is Jehovah your God asking of you? Only this: to fear Jehovah your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul,

(Deuteronomy 6:13) . . .Jehovah your God you should fear, and him you should serve, and by his name you should swear.

Who really do you think doesn't want you to think the Bible is God's word? If Jesus did believe it. And Satan tempted Jesus, and he was able to refute the tempter with scripture.

Who really wants you to believe the lie that it is not real?

Yes, the god of the world:

(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

He blinds the minds of the unbelievers so that they may not see the light of truth, because all mankind is being mislead by Satan the Devil:

(Revelation 12:9) . . .So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth. . .

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

If evolution were true I bet we'd all be so mundane we wouldn't be
worried about killing each other. We'd all just kill ourselves.

I think we do quite a bit of that actually...

Even in biblical times... we are the only species that will kill ourselves for literally any reason

Yet "survival of the fittest" still works in the animal kingdom...

Until we show up of course

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That would likely piss me off too... if I cared about the whole argument lol

Really! Are you kidding me? You know there was rumor go'n
around awhile back that Tom Selleck was gay. And the rumor
was just that, no one took it seriously. but then a reporter
asked him about it. and he got all bent psst off and stormed
off. Then everybody thought, well now wait a minute why's
he get'n all bent if it's just a rumor? Maybe he is gay?
edit on Ram101515v30201500000039 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

(Romans 10:13-15) 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” 14 However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out? Just as it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”

You ever imagine the feet of God's servants, Jehovah's named people, who witness about him, by going door to door, their feet, are beautiful?

Probably not, so beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But, you see, God looks at their feet, and thinks that it is a beautiful thing.

And who really counts when it comes to beauty? Man see what is to the appearance of the eyes, and yet God see what the heart is.

So if all the world hated those feet, billions and billions of people, and thought they were ugly, and God thought they were beautiful, who really counts in the end?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

YOU been drinkin tonight brother?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Until we show up of course

Ain't that the truth.

Not enough!

edit on Ram101515v36201500000033 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

YOU been drinkin tonight brother?

Highly unlikely, he is using good punctuation, and articulate sentences. I would call your accusation false.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Pretty sure that was a question...

Who are you again?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Yeah and my cursor isn't even swirving at all.

But really no not tonight.
edit on Ram101515v39201500000059 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Who are you again?

Me? No one. I just saw you asked him if he was drinking, and saw no reason for it. His answers are all clear and logical, from a thinking mind, that make you reason, they are punctuated fair enough, and are coherent. If he did drink it wasn't enough to impair his thinking or writing.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I appreciate you sharing your beliefs with me, I really do. But let me save you the time. I am a former Christian, now an Atheist. My reasons for the change are many, and this thread isn't the place to dive into them. However, I can assure you that I won't be returning to the Christian faith, or any other.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Just keep reading your mass manufactured books and stories. Keep copy / paste mans word. Because deception through the written word is the only power He has left.

You should know that.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I appreciate you sharing your belief with me, I really do. But let me save you the time. I am a former Christian, now an Atheist. My reasons for the change are many, and this thread isn't the place to dive into them. However, I can assure you that I won't be returning to the Christian faith, or any other.

Thank you for sharing that with me. I understand you. I know a lot of former religious people who are atheists, and mostly the reason is because of hypocritical religion.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

Who are you again?

Me? No one. I just saw you asked him if he was drinking, and saw no reason for it. His answers are all clear and logical, from a thinking mind, that make you reason, they are punctuated fair enough, and are coherent. If he did drink it wasn't enough to impair his thinking or writing.

well don't worry about what I say to a dude I've known and talked to here for like 5 years or so...

K?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Now back to Evolution.....

If you take out the ramblings of religious Men trying their best to explain the world around them.... ( as per every culture globally has their own stories )

I see the idea of God reflected in nature. No beginning, never ending. An Omnipotent concept if there ever was one.

I see no conflict. If I was religious I would be proud my God could create a universe in his direct image.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth

Just keep reading your mass manufactured books and stories. Keep copy / paste mans word. Because deception through the written word is the only power He has left.

You should know that.

I cannot speak of my own authority. You chose to speak of your own, and perahps other humans. I already know that I am nothing, and cannot save you. I do know that God's word is the truth, it is alive and exerts power.

Looking into is like peering into the mind of God. While we know very very little of him, everything it provides is beneficial.

So when i quote scripture, it is not to show I am smart, or to prove you wrong, it is to give you a glimpse of what divine truth is, God's mind. And I do know that his word is alive, and it is able to penetrate into your mind and your soul, and discern your thoughts and intentions.

So when you read it, it is not me, it is God speaking to you. And your reaction to it, is your mentality toward truth and God.

You may quote your own knowledge, and other men, but we are all failures.

God's word is a mirror that will show you who you really are.

(Hebrews 4:12, 13) . . .For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And there is not a creation that is hidden from his sight, but all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of the one to whom we must give an account.

(James 1:23-25) 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, this one is like a man looking at his own face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself, and he goes away and immediately forgets what sort of person he is. 25 But the one who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and continues in it has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work; and he will be happy in what he does.

(2 Peter 1:20, 21) 20 For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. 21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

I love this idea. Now books are bad. Vehicles of information....No.......good.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

wtf was all that gay stuff about anyways randy?

read it 3 times...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

well don't worry about what I say to a dude I've known and talked to here for like 5 years or so...

Easy! Are you sure you want to tell everybody that?

It was a comparison of sorts. I can't understand people getting all bent
Over an unproven postulation I submit. Even if it's about their life long passion.
It's not like I corrupted their gene pool. Again I thought these were people
with intelligence. Man they're lucky they don't live on my block. I'd be
out in front of their house everyday with the sidewalk chalk.
edit on Ram101515v01201500000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join