It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand evolution.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
To put it simply, most people do not understand or fully comprehend evolution. Because it is an infinitely complex process. It would take a God to "get it". We mere mortals just do our best to grasp the basics .

Someone saying otherwise would be like you pretending to understand your God. Which the bible tells you is impossible right ?

As for the Bible being an accurate representation of History and everything. Kind of hard to back that one up, considering it misses mentioning almost every other country and civilization outside the middle east. In fact it misses so much history out, I give its authors an F- for effort.

Either they had never traveled more than 50 miles from home, or God "forgot" to tell his prophets about all the other people in other countries dying to get a copy of the Bible.

Quite simply. If the Bibles very existence was to help spread the good word........kind of an epic fail on the lack info given to the people asked to spread it. Right ?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
That's because your mind is dark and negative.
And nothing I can say or do is going change what only
you can change. Why do you think I play hard ball with
guys. I'm no sissy boy. But I want you to consider what you're
doing before it's to late. You want me to tell you how rewarding
serving our creator can be? I can not. But I'm willing to bet a
dollar to a donut it beats the alternative.

No, please do not advertise your wares or try to sell me your charlatan beliefs -- I'm sure ATS has a policy against that sort of thing.

As I said, your beliefs are old and outdated and archaic and belong in the past. If mankind is to progress and evolve, your current way of thinking needs to fade away or at least, sat in the cave in which you seem to live.

There's no room for your way of thinking in the modern world, in regards to knowledge and understanding.

How can you possibly
be so bold as to think humans are the ultimate star of intelligence
in all of existence?

I never said that nor did I ever imply it. I said we do not know everything but we WANT to, we want to learn and evolve. I never said we were the ultimate star of intelligence. You're trying to discredit me by lying. Please don't.

If you ask me we're so stupid you should be
hoping like hell there is someone way past our intelligence
cause somebody is obviously going to have to save are asses
at some point. Or do you deny that also?

I 100% deny it. I do not want some invisible being who :
judges me,
controls me,
commands me to worship him,
made me in his image which doesn't believe in him (makes no sense!),
demands his children kill each other

..anywhere near me. He sound horrible, childish, stupid, petulant, weak and sociopathic.

I'd rather wait and see what happens when I die. I have no idea what will happen. And yes, I do fear it - it's the unknown. But I won't mask my fear with silly childish fairy tales.
edit on 14-10-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Sam Harris kind of explains exactly this....

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Why do you think I play hard ball with
guys. I'm no sissy boy.

The fact that this exchange is taking place online belies your statement. Social media warriors are not "gangsta".

edit on 14-10-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I'd rather wait and see what happens when I die. I have no idea what will happen. And yes, I do fear it - it's the unknown. But I won't mask my fear with silly childish fairy tales.

Great, then we have it all straightened out. And you need never
ever again reply to one of my threads and waste our time. As I
mentioned in the OP. Why don't you people get that? What drives
you to post in my threads and fill them with hate. I'm fascinated by that
I must say.

a reply to: TzarChasm

And you. Your posts are the worst waste of space on ATS, never inquisitive
never positive and constantly jealous and demeaning. But I know you're
searching so I do try to tolerate you. Try opening up just a little. Don't
be so afraid of everything.
edit on Ram101415v39201500000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

That...that is quite possibly the most ironic post in this thread, randy. You started a thread on how proud you are of having a closed mind and promising to continue in the same vein in the name of blah blah, then scorn my apparent "closed mind" while graciously forgiving my critiques regarding your closed mind. Because apparently one closed mind is better than another? Even though my mind is only "closed" because I question your closed mind. Rather transparent table-turning there.

And then you have the audacity to call my posts a waste of space. Never mind that the majority of the participants here happen to agree with me, not you.

Your ad hominem translates to me like the dying throes of a pointless thread.

ETA: one more thing: you invited this circus, invited it. You better believe I'm enjoying it. Should really know better than to post foolhardy opinions where anyone can pick a bone. You wanted the attention "for the glory of god" (yeah, okay - dude has a day of the week dedicated to him and he needs more attention), but you just promoted the hell (teehee) out of evolution. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Again you admit you have no real interest here at all. But you enjoy
making a circus out other peoples beliefs. Trolls like you should be banned.
You wouldn't catch me haunting one of your threads the way you do mine.
Oh wait, you don't make threads.
edit on Rpm101415v05201500000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Good thing you are proof of the mods' gracious tolerance!

And really, it's hilarious you are so concerned about making fun of peoples' opinions in a thread that basically bares its ass to the entire forum and begs to be kicked.

Please excuse me while I continue to not take you seriously. Unless you would like to make a less provocative thread to discuss evolution maturely?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Oh please put a sock in it, your entire OP was just a troll post.
K~

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Nah it demonstrates what I believe is true quite well. And you two
and others love to hate that it gets to you. Nothing trollish going
on here accept you scouffers that were talked about in the thread even.
This thread is avenue for those interested. I don't mind you having
your say at all. But then the Mods allow you to linger and make sure
the thread is wasted.

edit on Rpm101415v19201500000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Dude you think you are being clever but all the OP proves is you are an idiot who can not/will not understand evolution.
edit on 14-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I wonder how a creationist would handle "devolving" as this thread has done? Is that against the bible? It seems this thread has shown exactly how a creationist handles devolving...very poorly.

You still never answered a single question I asked in this thread. You have simply resorted to personal attacks and un-Christianlike behavior. God would be ashamed of you. Do you think Jesus would have given the responses you have given here? If not, then you are doing it wrong. If so, then Jesus sure was petty.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

My friend, this thread is impressive. You have shown the true nature of many here. And you have done so after stating this will be and can only be a one sided thread in your OP. Those who wish to fight will always fight, even though it is futile and irrelevant. We all tend to believe we are right above all others, and when that belief relies on emotions and self confirmation only, it is that much more difficult to change as our own self-worth and our identity would be at risk.

I bow to the master, dare I say, Troll? Keep ATS riled up and on its toes.
edit on 14-10-2015 by ObservingTheWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

And I thought no one could see? I guess all the negativity
was even getting to me. The loitering that goes on by
these worthless contributers are everything that's wrong with
site.
edit on Rpm101415v54201500000056 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

And I thought no one could see? I guess all the negativity
was even getting to me. The loitering that goes on by
these worthless contributers are everything that's wrong with
site.

If you are not willing to question (or answer questions about) your own beliefs about religion, then why are you even posting on a conspiracy board, the very foundation of which is to question everything?

It seems disingenuous to even bring your faith to a discussion on a conspiracy site solely for the purpose of NOT listening to others and question your own beliefs. Are you simply trying to test your beliefs with rational arguments from others to further deepen your faith on some odd level, proving to yourself that you can "weather the storm" in some fashion?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You can't be the underdog if you aren't a victim.

You guys stay with me long enough to get a point spread in Vegas?
And we'll all be on a beach in the Bahamas, earning 20%.

Why science and religion are incompatible...

Because God is more intelligent then any Bozo quack scientist.
Especially those who only think their scientists and spend all
their jobless lives arguing on ATS.

Yet here you are..having to speak on god's behalf....
edit on 14-10-2015 by toktaylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So there's a principle in science called Occam's razor "The simplest explanation is often the best" or some such.

So
a)The universe is 13.x billion years old and evolution is the result of properties inherent in physics and chemistry

or

b) A god made it all 40 thousand years ago.

Occams razor shows that b) is the best answer.

I prefer this:
Bible:In the beginning there was darkness

Science: There was no mass time or gravity

Bible: And god said let there be light

Science: There was a big bang composed of helium and very bright light (The light was so powerful that if you let it run through your fingers it would feel like water)

Bible: God created everything

Science: the universe and life evolved.

Now ponder this:
Maybe God was all powerful and knowing and could see all of time laid out before her if only she was to create one simple ball of super compressed Helium - the simplest atom in the universe. She could then see that building some simple rules into that matter would cause the entire complex universe to evolve, including life to give praise to her as long as they knew about her (hence biblical prophets). That is so beautifully simple and elegant don't you think?

Hence: My personal belief that Evolution is true and God is woman

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UltraMind
So there's a principle in science called Occam's razor "The simplest explanation is often the best" or some such.

That's not what Occam's Razor says at all:

the principle (attributed to William of Occam) that in explaining a thing no more assumptions should be made than are necessary. The principle is often invoked to defend reductionism or nominalism.

b) in your example fails Occam's Razor.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I will post in your threads, I always will.

I have every right to, so long as I'm not cursing at you or saying rude things that break ATS' Ts & Cs.

As TzarChasm said - you INVITED people into your chat and to reply to your very bizarre and almost insane ramblings.

You post on ATS, a melting pot for all sorts of people with very different ideas, about how much you detest science and what it means and you have no inkling to even educate yourself. You're happy to remain ignorant yet spout incorrect facts.

And to quiesce another rant you'll no doubt bleat out, I have read the Bible and the Koran and read up on religion. Not because I like it - but because I wanted to understand and educate myself. It turns out I hated it and all the better for it. But i won't stick my fingers in my ears and say "I don't understand X so it must be wrong".

You sir, are the troll here. Not us.
edit on 14-10-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join