It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand evolution.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Man, im with you on one thing in this thread... I don't know squat about evolution... and its pretty likely that even you know more about the subject then I do... I find it easier to leave it to the scientists that devote their careers to the science of it... and there are plenty... Which begs the queston, as you stated to Barcs

Could it all just be a lie?

I suppose, but again... wouldn't these people who have spent their lives studying it KNOW its a lie? There are plenty of Christian scientists that study evolution, and work in the field of study... all for a lie?

what sense does that make?

Perhaps to a conspiracy theorist... of which there are plenty around here obviously...

Yet in your OP you stated, "IF its a choice between Christ and evolution"... well

I don't believe that choice was ever put on the table... EVER

Perhaps only to the fanatical Christians... but some of what they believe has been proven wrong

And pretty much OFF the wall

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
This is what I find funny.....

The Christian contingent forgetting Christ himself was NOT a fan of the Old Testament. He preached openly about how it was not accurate and was corrupted.

"The word of God is written on the Human heart, NOT by the hand of man " Aka...... Beware the written word . Especially by old ignorant religious fanatics. ( who strange enough wanted him dead )

As someone else said..... Have you really thought about how Jesus would have approached / discussed this subject . With the same vitriol you display ?

Show some conviction ........ Declare right here you are following his teachings.

Oh man.....wow. I haven't read the full thread up till now, but read these words, and am wondering does this poster lie so much in everything he says. And am wondering as to his mental status.

Let's see:

"The Christian contingent forgetting Christ himself was NOT a fan of the Old Testament. He preached openly about how it was not accurate and was corrupted."

Jesus Christ had a prehuman existence that predated that of our universe which is 13.8 billion years old. When Satan, the tempter, came to put him to the test in the wilderness, after his 40 days of having his prehuman existence revealed to him, And Satan used the Old Testament to put him to the test, did Jesus really respond that it was corrupted?

Let us see:

(Matthew 4:1-4) . . .Then Jesus was led by the spirit up into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil. 2 After he had fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, he felt hungry. 3 And the Tempter approached and said to him: “If you are a son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.” 4 But he answered: “It is written: ‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah’s mouth.’”

Wait...Jesus, a man, who had lived for tens of billions of years, at least, didn't use his own knowledge to refute Satan? He thought the Old Testament words were better than his own knowledge?:

"It is written...." Where was it written, that Jesus had such a high esteem of it above his own knowledge, and that of Satan's?

(Deuteronomy 8:3) 3 So he humbled you and let you go hungry and fed you with the manna, which neither you had known nor your fathers had known, in order to make you know that man does not live by bread alone but man lives by every expression from Jehovah’s mouth.

Oh, the Old Testament, the poster said Jesus thought was corrupted. So who do believe? The lies of the poster, or the truth coming from Jesus?

I mean I could go on and on to refute this guy's words, but that itself is enough.

Jesus himself, knowing that our universe will never pass away, said about the Old Testament:

(Matthew 5:17, 18) 17 “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill. 18 Truly I say to you that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one stroke of a letter to pass away from the Law until all things take place.

Yea, he had such faith in God's "Old Testament" that he said that sooner would the universe cease to exist, than for one letter of it not be fulfilled.

The Law is found in the Pentateuch, or the Torah, (meaning law.)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Or let me guess. You are one of those Christians who cheery pick his teachings. Forgetting his fight with the Church.

So the melding of his teachings and the Old Testament into what you now call the Bible can be swallowed. Good on you.

This was the reason I left Christianity. Zero conviction, all following the easiest path.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Or let me guess. You are one of those Christians who cheery pick his teachings. Forgetting his fight with the Church.

So the melding of his teachings and the Old Testament into what you now call the Bible can be swallowed. Good on you.

This was the reason I left Christianity. Zero conviction, all following the easiest path.

Who am I? I am nothing, just as you are not.

Now Jesus, he was someone, even though he admitted he wasn't even anything compared to God.

But to ignore that you lied about Jesus, well, that is your prerogative. But let it be known, there are people watching that see the lies you are spinning. Just the same as many others.

Me? I don't spin lies. But I will use scripture, and Jesus' words to refute people when they lie about him. That is satanic. You know Satan means Slanderer and Liar, all you are is a little Satan, lying about Jesus, basically, that is all it means. And Jesus' words will rebuke you, and reveal your satanic nature, just as anyone else speaking against truth.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

So let me get this right. You are quoting from a corrupt text to prove it is not corrupted.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

I give up. Good luck mate

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

The "corrupt text" (which is faithful and there are ways to prove that) does not approve of luck. It is only a false demon god:

(Isaiah 65:11) . . .But you are among those forsaking Jehovah, Those forgetting my holy mountain, Those setting a table for the god of Good Luck,. . .

Of course, your defense for believing in such a demonic concept, is that God's word is wrong, right?

Wow.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

As I understand it from Barcs and Peter Vlar it wouldn't be
a guess to say that for the most part evolution is about
survival of the fittest. The strong survive.

what sense does that make?

Yes I see what you mean but none of this is what I really don't
understand. Alright look here it is.

Evolution at best is just WTF is happening. It doesn't relate to
any of us in any way. You follow me?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

As I understand it from Barcs and Peter Vlar it wouldn't be
a guess to say that for the most part evolution is about
survival of the fittest. The strong survive.

I think there a little more to it then that...

again there are sciences dedicated to the study of evolution... To say that someone who has earned their doctorate in anything did it for a lie Is just... well hard to believe.

Evolution at best is just WTF is happening. It doesn't relate to
any of us in any way. You follow me?

Not so much... it seems to me that evolution basically is change, and everything changes in this universe...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
To say that someone who has earned their doctorate in anything did it for a lie Is just... well hard to believe.

People do things for a lie all the time. Just because a person is intelligent doesn't mean they can't get fooled by a lie.

I imagine you consider yourself quite the person, with a lot of knowledge, and quite apt at refuting people's faiths. As I've read through some of your posts, that is what you think you are good at.

But even then, if you think you are so smart, even then, you could be doing it because you believe in a lie.

It it is no different with them.

I know that, and don't even claim to any such knowledge. What escapes my understanding is how you can come to that conclusion?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I sure don't see evolution relating to man, the earth
and the world we live in everyday the way the Bible does.

How does evolution relate to current events?

It doesn't.

How does evolution relate to geological events.

It doesn't etc.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Why does it have to relate to any of that?

Its more about whats going on inside of the living organism... not every day events, rocks... or TV...lol

And a good portion of the bible doesn't relate to any of that either for that matter

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

"The word of God is written on the Human heart, NOT by the hand of man "

I like this statement. It rings true in many ways. I see it as the perfect statement to think about when thinking about Christians and how they interpret scripture. While there are many things they agree upon, there are many things that they don't. All of them feeling there way is the right way. Some more strongly than others. It comes down to how for Christians, at least many that I know, it is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with Christ. While scripture is the divine word of God, how it is interpreted isn't necessarily black and white. In this way, the word of God is written on the heart, and read through their personal relationship with Christ. Every Christian I've met or talked to believed God speaks to them personally. I guess that's what makes it easy to ignore passages, cherry pick, etc. in regards to scripture. Subjective experiences and all..

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

It doesn't but ( I'm laughing right now ) still people get
all jacked up about something that doesn't even care if they exist.
It doesn't teach or demonstrate or provide anything for these people
in life. It just doesn't make any sense at all. I don't get it and i
guess I never will.

If evolution were true I bet we'd all be so mundane we wouldn't be
worried about killing each other. We'd all just kill ourselves.
edit on Ram101515v12201500000040 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

"The word of God is written on the Human heart, NOT by the hand of man "

I like this statement. It rings true in many ways. I see it as the perfect statement to think about when thinking about Christians and how they interpret scripture. While there are many things they agree upon, there are many things that they don't. All of them feeling there way is the right way. Some more strongly than others. It comes down to how for Christians, at least many that I know, it is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with Christ. While scripture is the divine word of God, how it is interpreted isn't necessarily black and white. In this way, the word of God is written on the heart, and read through their personal relationship with Christ. Every Christian I've met or talked to believed God speaks to them personally. I guess that's what makes it easy to ignore passages, cherry pick, etc. in regards to scripture. Subjective experiences and all..

True Christians are all in agreement:

(Ephesians 4:4-6) . . .One body there is, and one spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

(Colossians 2:2) . . .and that they may be harmoniously joined together in love . . .

(1 Corinthians 14:33) . . .For God is a God not of disorder but of peace.. . .

There are indeed many sects that claim to be "Christian" but when comparing their teachings to the Bible, all of them are proven false. There is a group of people though that meet all the requirements and are indeed harmoniously joined together in love, by God's approval and holy spirit.

And it is them that God's word is written on their heart.

Not that God's written word was wrong, but they love God out of their heart, not out of any other motive.

It wasn't that God's word was found faulty. I will perhaps give you a deeper understanding, as someone above me claimed Jesus rejected it.

It is this: God's word proved man to be a sinner, and impossible to meet up to his requirements.

The law code was perfect, but since man is imperfect, man cannot meet the requirements of it. That is why Jesus was sent, as he, not being a descendant of Adam, and born into sin, was perfect, and met the requirements of the law code perfectly. He came, not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it.

And just as the law taught mankind he was imperfect and incapable of saving himself, Jesus fulfilled the law, in perfection, and thus did away with it. And because God's people of Israel was unfaithful to him so long, and rejected the Messiah, he did away with the old law covenant, and established the new one.

So that people who walked by faith were the ones that were saved.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

guess I never will.[/quote

A lot of common sense stated here.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I am almost certain that there is not a single Christian that is fully adhering to scripture. So I guess there are no true Christians?

God is a God of love? Yeah.. about that.
edit on 10-15-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

guess I never will.

Why would it be meant to teach or provide for anything?

Some people get "all jacked up" about these things because they've dedicated their lives to the science of evolution, then someone comes along and says..."no you're wrong God did it"

That would likely piss me off too... if I cared about the whole argument lol

It would probably make sense to you too if you studied the subject...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I am almost certain that there is not a single Christian that is fully adhering to scripture. So I guess there are no true Christians?

That is not true. There are plenty of Christians, while sinning every day, that live up to God's righteous requirements of them. Perhaps not everyone is able to right away, and even many fall and sin, but God is patient.

The major sins that would disqualify a person from being a Christian are found here:

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) . . .Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

There are plenty of people of Godly devotion, both found in the Bible, and in modern times who have met God's holy standards, and are able to keep a clean conscious, and righteous standing before God and all men.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Just for those other people reading this who might be religious .....

The Truth most so called Christians do not want you to know.... ( long story short version )

Jesus took his followers outside the city gates, to keep in line with the local Roman by-laws . ( you needed a permit to have a gathering inside the city gates )

During these gatherings he did not preach in the traditional sense. And instead had people ask him questions. At which time he repeated " The word of God is written on the heart of Man "

A long silence was held where everybody had to pray and ask God the question that needed answering. Over a period of time it was apparent to everyone the answers given during prayer were "felt" by everybody to be correct and moral .

And once the truth was known, it could not be forgotten.

This was so different to their previous experiences of being "preached" answers / demands to in Church by powerful Men. Using scripts no-one could read , or even allowed to touch. His following grew rapidly and spending time with him was considered a truly spiritual learning.

His contempt for the Church , it's scriptures and it's leaders was well known.

Don't let anyone gloss over this very uncomfortable fact with fanciful stories. Use the brain God gave you and your heart to feel what is right.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

We get that you'd rather worship a grusome looking black
eyed demon okay? We get that!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join