It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand evolution.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

OT: LOL....I just realized how appropriate your avatar is for this thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Now and again, it does seem suited.

However, I've upgraded from a tin foil hat to a colander.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Randy, Randy, Randy.

We all know this is your view. This isn't a surprise, although at least you admit your bias. It takes a big man to admit you do not understand the science and attribute this to your denial of evolution. It does drive home some very good points, however.

1. It's easy to deny or doubt something that you do not understand. In fact, it's WAY easier than actually learning about what you are criticizing. Take an airplane blueprint to a sub Saharan African tribe and they won't understand a word or number on the paper. If you tell them that somebody can build a flying machine based on that paper or that they could send a man to the moon, they will probably laugh at you.

The case is similar with most strict creationists. Many of them are deprived of learning science in school in favor of home schooling. As a result, they have a fundamental misunderstanding of what science is and how the method works. The majority do not have this understanding, so it is easy for them to deny it in favor of the bible. After all, that is how they were raised by their parents.

2. People that deny evolution, do not do it based on evidence, they do it based on faith. An evolution denier that actually addresses and discusses the evidence is practically non existent on this website. Denying is much easier than learning, once again, so they take the easy road and don't even care how lazy it is, because they believe it is what god wants and that their bible can't POSSIBLY be wrong.

I read it all the time and I agree and it's my own fault. I admit I
have never had the slightest interest to study and research something,
that I immediately recognized was an out right lie.

The problem is this: How can you immediately recognize something as an outright lie, if you have never taken the time to understand it? You can apply this type of reasoning to almost anything. Why not deny the heliocentric model of the solar system? Why not deny that adverse weather is usually caused by cold and warm fronts colliding rather than angry gods? The statement above clearly demonstrates the bias that many of you guys are working with. I personally would not flat out deny something I didn't understand. I would try to improve my understanding.

If you are unwilling to examine
what you have been taught in the abscence of spirituality? The modern
day bullsh!t you trust in, still in it's infancy being so immature? Then don't
waste your time hearing the truth as I know it be. Don't waste our time
arguing in favor of what my gut has always told me was a lie.

It's funny that you say this, while people from your camp are the ones who create the majority of attacks on evolution and science. Your version of truth is based on faith, not actual truth. You want it to be truth. I get it. But I don't see why you consider evolution absence of spirituality. You could literally say that for anything on earth.

Usually we do not waste your time, as you just deny it and call it a day. You waste OUR time because you are so emotionally connected to a worldview you forget that it is faith based, and when folks take time out of their day to break the science down, most of you do not even read it or even give it a 2nd thought. It HAS to be wrong, because your FAITH is correct, right?

Do you not see the level of hypocrisy involved with the denial of something you do not understand? This is why people call you out and some poke holes in your religion. Your religion is the cause of your denial. I'm glad you posted this because it sums up the view of creationists to a T.

"I'm right, you're wrong. I won't tell you why and do not understand the science, but it's wrong because I say so and believe so blindly."

You could have saved us all a whole bunch of time by just posting that but instead you go off on some tirade rant that sums up exactly why the viewpoint is hypocritical.

The problem is, why fight tooth and nail against evolution, something you admittedly do not understand? Why not just leave it alone? It doesn't do your cause any justice to lie about it and post all kinds of nonsense against it. If you so strongly believe it is wrong, then you should examine the evidence for yourself so that you can understand it. Knowledge is power. It's one thing to look at the evidence and then explain your doubts about it. It's a completely different ball game to attack it blindly, claiming you KNOW it's a lie, without even picking up a single book on the subject or reading a single study or explanation of the physical evidence.

I'm just amazed you admitted your hypocrisy. That is a big step on the road to religious recovery. I have faith in you, Randy.

Today's evolution deniers, will be tomorrow's atheists. It's only a matter of time, as they have already found a subconscious need to justify their faith as fact. Once you guys realize that there is no need to rectify a faith based belief system, you will begin to understand where the science savy folks are coming from. All it takes is a little knowledge and understanding. Don't fear it, pretending it doesn't exist will not make it disappear.

Anyways, Randy, if you do decide that you actually want to understand evolution, you can hit me up anytime in this thread or via PM. I don't mind taking the time out of my day to help somebody out. If you have no interest whatsoever, that's cool too, just don't attack evolution because every time you do this thread will be quoted.
edit on 14-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
the only way to beat this thread is if we stop responding. full stop.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Sometimes when I read your threads I cant help but wonder if your sitting at your computer with a bottle Jack d
Not all your threads, but some of them.

if it comes down to a choice?
Christ or evolution?

What about aliens?

I'm with aliens.

That simply puts you back to square one because where did the aliens come from ?

They evolved on another planet, then they came here and created us

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Sometimes when I read your threads I cant help but wonder if your sitting at your computer with a bottle Jack d
Not all your threads, but some of them.

if it comes down to a choice?
Christ or evolution?

What about aliens?

I'm with aliens.

That simply puts you back to square one because where did the aliens come from ?

They evolved on another planet, then they came here and created us

If they evolved on another planet, why could we not have evolved on ours?

Why does life have to have a creator, outside of observed natural physical law? In this context the alien hypothesis really does take you back to square one: All it does is add another layer of assumptions when the purpose of scientific inquiry is to remove assumptions. Occam's razor slices the alien hypothesis apart as easily as it does the Goddidit hypothesis..

originally posted by: TzarChasm
the only way to end the nonsensical, uncritical discussion in this thread is if we stop responding. full stop.

ftfy

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I have every right to, so long as I'm not cursing at you or saying rude things that break ATS' Ts & Cs.

Hey don't get your panties in a bunch. I said you didn't need to post.
Not that you couldn't.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Do you not understand Darwin's finches? It's a perfect example and if you understand the concept then you can easily apply it to a wide variety of organismal traits.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Thank you Barcs for a well meaning post.

The problem is this: How can you immediately recognize something as an outright lie, if you have never taken the time to understand it?

Academically, I have taken the time to read and understand about
the common ancester and the fossil record. The difference between
evolution and abiogenesis. Macro and micro evolution, big bang and it's
been you and a few others, Peter Vlar that have spent a good amount of
time helping me out. Believe it or not my persistence does carry a nasty
taste of disloyalty for the lack of appreciation you may see. That's why I'm
always sure to thank you guys and often overstate that I do appreciate it.

So obviously that's not what I'm talk'n about in my heading. You're someone
who at least half way deserves an explanation. Look back thru this thread
and count the personal attacks on myself. These people call themselves
intellectuals? Not one of them have inquired about what it is that I don't
understand and I still haven't attacked anyone.

I personally would not flat out deny something I didn't understand. I would try to improve my understanding.

I didn't flat out deny anything, although you couldn't tell by all the
evolutionary jihadist posts. Hell my avatar has evovled over the years.
These people act as tho I've attacked their God. Evolutionary Jihad
= religion? That's why I said this is one of the worst things wrong with
this site. Anyway if you have the time or interest, look back at the
song I posted. Play it and try to see how the symbolism relates to what
I wrote. Because what I was saying in the thread that I don't understand
is semi evident all thru this thread. And no one has even addressed the
question? Could it all just be a lie? Is anyone of them even interested?
These people act like I psst in their coffee.
edit on Ram101515v39201500000020 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Do you not understand Darwin's finches? It's a perfect example and if you understand the concept then you can easily apply it to a wide variety of organismal traits.

You made it right under the wire. Please explain about the finches again
if you don't mind?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

while reading your post I have noticed something funny.

Exactly the same could be said about the people who are atheists or to the hard core religious people who don't want to look beyond their prospective and this can bring extremism. BUT if you take whole religions of the world in the present and especially in the past together and pick apart what they are saying while studying as much as possible about whole world of religion and spiritual scripts you would come to a realization, that there are hidden things in plain sight. There is a red lining which brings everything together, you just do not realize that, because you lack the knowledge.

And after the knowledge then comes various experiences if you want them, with meditation...and you start on your path to the spiritual perfection or you can choose to live life knowing that everything is ethereal and like a dream, unfolding forever and with that you have peace of mind that death is not the end it is just another beginning, another shoot at something which you need to learn to move on to greater heights. And there is never the end and there never was a beginning.

We are all apart of something which we cannot imagine even in the most beautiful dream and it feels great beyond the best orgasm you ever had!

But to get to that you must go diving deep within...where imagination and feelings are lost and only bliss remains!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
There is a red lining which brings everything together, you just do not realize that, because you lack the knowledge.

This post made me laugh...

But yes, we are part of something greater... but not as you wish or believe.... more like this...

or this...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Maybe you can answer this for me FROG?
Why aren't there any early examples of bats and pterosaurs that
are not capable of flight?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

...until you don't even give it a shoot and try to meditate for some time, you are like a fish in the ocean, who are probably not aware of the water (I am not a fish so dunno
)... but I talk from personal experiences and not fantasy or beliefs. But think whatever you want of it, we are not different, the same but just choose other paths and experiences. And I respect your decisions and beliefs but I am not a believer I am an experiencer haha.

thank you for your opinion and just be happy inside with or without god!
edit on 14448918221050October5010503115 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Maybe you can answer this for me FROG?
Why aren't there any early examples of bats and pterosaurs that
are not capable of flight?

Because if there were, they died out. Their successors, the ones whose mutations allowed them to survive continued.

The ones that died didn't "have what it took".

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

So they died out and left nothing to the fossil record?

Also do you believe the biopolymer and the operating program of
a living cell can just happen by romantic fate while skinny dipping
in some primordial soup? No lab or lab tech or petri dish? Or is that
just nonsense?
edit on Ram101515v10201500000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is what I find funny.....

The Christian contingent forgetting Christ himself was NOT a fan of the Old Testament. He preached openly about how it was not accurate and was corrupted.

"The word of God is written on the Human heart, NOT by the hand of man " Aka...... Beware the written word . Especially by old ignorant religious fanatics. ( who strange enough wanted him dead )

As someone else said..... Have you really thought about how Jesus would have approached / discussed this subject . With the same vitriol you display ?

Show some conviction ........ Declare right here you are following his teachings.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

I follow Christ!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Also getting a good fossil is like winning lotto. The conditions have to be just so. And then we live in a very dynamic planet.

Only thing not changing around here is your mind.

Which kind of goes against everything you believe in. As God seems to change things every day. The univesre he created in your opinion is infinite. While you are closed.

You sure you in the right religion ?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

So you don't follow the old testament ?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join