It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a DOD/CIA funded psyops?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Irony
Visits AboveTopSecret.com using a proxy server, an anonymous username and disposable e-mail address.
Goes to Facebook and Twitter and share real name, home address, personal telephone number, personal e-mail address, current location, picture of lunch, favorite movie, opinion on politics and ex-girlfriend's name.
Accuses AboveTopSecret of collecting data for the CIA.
edit on 12/10/2015 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

There is no official ATS position on any subject other than the terms & conditions, and they are pointedly neutral on what our forums cover.

If this is true, then why are some subjects automatic hoaxes?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

Subjects are not, but sources with a well-established track record of hoaxing can be.

The classic example: Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth...

There are also a large and growing number of "click-bait" sites and YouTube channels that are reliable sources of hoaxes.

While what constitutes a "hoax" is ultimately a matter of opinion, we move threads to the HOAX forum when there is clear evidence a claim is false or comes from a source with a pattern of false claims.

Acting on hoaxes does not constitute a position on a given topic. For example, moving a thread featuring a hoax UFO video to the HOAX forum does not speak to the question of UFOs in general, only to that specific case. A hoax video claiming to refute UFOs would get the same treatment.

We aren't infallible, and as with all staff decisions, members are free to disagree with a HOAX forum move by submitting a Complaint/Suggestion. There is certainly no shortage of dubious claims in our regular forums, so if a thread has been moved to HOAX without sufficient cause, we'll be happy to move it somewhere else.

In particular, if members post credible corroborating evidence to a thread in the HOAX forum that supports a claim we thought to be a hoax, we would definitely want to move it to a more suitable forum ASAP.

We've discussed this quite a bit behind the scenes in the staff forums, because we are committed to the rights of members to decide for themselves what to believe. But we also feel it would be unethical to leave threads we know to be hoaxes in the general forums (which has led to ATS being used to help hoaxes spread in the past), so we consider this the best solution.

If anyone has a better idea, of course, we always welcome suggestions.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
couldn't care less if it is. i take for granted that every significant place of social interaction online is under some degree of surveillance. not just online. hell, i can't walk down the street without being filmed. meh. this is the now. we are all being watched/scrutinized, always. what i can't change, i don't stress over. if i had any nefarious intentions or things i would rather keep low-profile, i wouldn't be discussing them here.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Bring it on.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: Domo1

I take that accusation as insulting, I'd never be the head of the CIA, I'd want the real power... Director of DNI

So you have more power than I previously thought! That or higher aspirations! Now I have to Google DNI.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

that made me laugh..

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ATS is what it appears to be, however........

I am really a lizard. I'm sorry you had to find out this way. There goes the structured settlement my family has enjoyed. Oh well. I've never been able to keep a secret.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

And now you all know why Magic is an admin...

What he said.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Here's the real truth, nobody cares about our data, they are grabbing 7,000,000,000 TIMES as much from all the other sites people visit, their "smart phones", their email, and their TV habits (I could list another few hundred entry points but you get the idea)...

So, at the end of the day we are exactly what we've always said we are, the guys trying to give the biggest voice to those who the MSM ignores and those who nobody listens to until they realize they were RIGHT.

Really, that's it.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Yeah, I think if you've been around here long enough and have seen the way the site has grown and popped into some old threads it's pretty obvious ATS is what ATS claims to be.

I figure anything that isn't in my own head has a chance of getting snatched up and probably is. I honestly sometimes wonder if our thoughts are even safe, if there isn't some algorithm out there that can essentially decode our personalities based on what we talk about, even the seemingly benign, even if we are incredibly guarded with our more esoteric theories and ideas. Not much would surprise me anymore. I wasn't surprised when I learned about Predator and Echelon, won't be surprised when we learn about the next thing.

I don't think the ubiquitous "they" need a honey pot type site to catch people, and a well known conspiracy site seems like a terrible place to catch people that are in the know. I would hope someone with even a modicum of intelligence would realize posting secrets and the like on a conspiracy forum is probably the worst way to get the word out.

I think you guys do a good job, I trust you as much as I can a stranger. Except for that JohnnyAnonymous fellow who seems to be nothing but trouble (if possible I would really appreciate it if you could pass on my wishing him well, I miss him).

When I first started reading the site I had the same thought, "Well obviously it's just a clever ruse to gather information!". I think most people think that at some point. It just becomes obvious pretty quickly that's not how it's operated. It feels more like a family business than anything else. Pardon the wall of text, I enjoy it when you pop in.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SteveDriggs

Ive been here for over 10 years now
and this question is in its umpteenth incarnation...........

Ummm if thats the case someone needs to call OMB and tell them that I'm not getting my checks from the DIA/CIA etc. I'm at the very least a GS-13................ :p and I want my BACK PAY dang it...............

edit on 10/14/15 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The ATS Documentary .
"Spies Like US"

Argentus taking his first Mod exam.

Semperfortis drill sergeant training BigFatFurryTexan and Erictheawful

Skeptic and Springer hacker defense simulator training

Hefficide and Ahabstar introducing themselves as the qualified Staff psychiatrists to the team

Donttreadonme and Djarums highly suspicious of them

The most recent Supermod initiation

Nef and Maxmars thinking they were on a disney ride.

Attempted staff resignation from out in the field.

Spacedoubt and Kanga discussing recent bannings

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm still miffed that the Burger King here at Langley doesn't offer the dollar menu like the other BK's. Just because we're CIA doesn't mean we don't appreciate a good deal. *grumbling*

Apparently the ketchup pump dealie things bother some people.

I'm going to ask FredT if he can bring me an extra brown bag lunch, he always gets cool stuff in his lunches like fruit roll ups and Capri Sun juices. I want in on that...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yep,that 1 dollar thing ...

Wait ! This has escalated quirkilly !

Oh ... thanks for that last image zazz !

I

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

THIS.....this right here is why I keep hanging around this place....ROFL.

Where you can you find this kind of fun?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I'm going to ask FredT if he can bring me an extra brown bag lunch, he always gets cool stuff in his lunches like fruit roll ups and Capri Sun juices. I want in on that...

Pffffff Im lucky to get one juice box a day. The wife runs a really tight ship here. Plus I need all the Capri Sun packs I can get for my "CIA mind ray blocking, but also good in survival situation cause its now up to 10% juice helmet)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Is that what you were doing with all those empty Capri Sun pouches? I noticed you had them cut apart and strewn all over your cubicle. I was kind of wondering...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: FredT

Is that what you were doing with all those empty Capri Sun pouches? I noticed you had them cut apart and strewn all over your cubicle. I was kind of wondering...

He's using them to line his tin foil hat, of course....

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
10% juice helmet

Does your juice helmet run on lemons like Zaphod's?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join