It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one control their intuition?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
How does one control their intuition?

It all started a few months ago when I had a dream telling me that an college acquaintance's (Let's call her Nelly) sister is going to my college. I don't see any visions but the dream spoke to me along the lines of "Nelly's sister is going to your college."

A few weeks later, I bump into Nelly and asked her if her sister is coming to my college. She said yes and I find that totally weird.

Keep in mind I never talked to Nelly as much and while she mentioned her sister, it was only brief and nothing about her going to my college.

From then on , I started thinking about things before they happen.

For example, one time I thought of a person from a forum I'm a member of and that person send me a message a few days later.

Another example is I somehow knew a friend would come to my class on the First day back to University without her telling me.

The problem is it happens randomly, and I wonder how can control my intuition at will?

By the way, around the time I had that dream about Nelly's sister, I took up meditation and interestingly while I meditated lightly I have a pressure in my forehead indicating that my third eye opened. And sometimes even if they don't meditate the third eye would open randomly and a few times I can open it at will.

However, I am told that the third eye only open during deep meditation.
edit on 9-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
You don't control intuition. It's innate. You learn sensitivity to it, and discernment between it and random thoughts, dreams, etc.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

How about Tarot readers? How did they know how to read people at will?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You have to take note of it when it happens. As mundane as it might be or feel, write it down and see how often it comes true, or how long it usually takes to come true. From there you will start to notice the signs and will remember them more.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Guided by magic, welcome

There is no way to control intuition since it is beyond thought, listening occurs when there is silence (no distractions and thoughts that obscure the mind).

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I actually kept journal just for my intuition but I didn't record all of it

a reply to: Macenroe82

Sometimes it happened when I'm talking to someone. Like I say something out of the blue and it became real.

While I know I have quiet the mind to make it be more effective but there are times at the heat of a busy day it happened.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Unfortunately, i think tarot reading is based on coincidences and vagueness. Inhave never get a detailed answer, or description.
Reading peoples facial expressions could be a cue for the "reader" to continue with something that seems extraordinary to the recipient.
One woman i let do a reading for me spoke of a letter that would come from across the sea. Then a large sum of money. And someone tall would play a signficant role in it.
Thinking wow this is amazing, i sat close by to eaves drop on others readings. To my shock 3 other people got a very similar reading to mine. Letters from over seas containing money to 4 perfect strangers? Seemed a bit scripted.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Most of the time its hard to even recognize the signs of your intuition and the thought gets ignored or forgotten until it happens.
Then we say wow i knew that was going to happen.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The problem is it happens randomly, and I wonder how can control my intuition at will?

I think you may have intuition confused with prescience.

Imo, its a gift, be glad when you're given to know stuff ahead of time. Not sure about learning to control it, more like learning to recognize it when it does happen.

Seems you're doing fine.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

But some of the Tarot Readers of ATS like Dark Blake for example read Tarot Cards here without looking at the person.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
honestly for the past few years ive been experiencing the same thing after a near death experience. constant pressure/tingling at my third eye at completely random times of the day, without meditation.

i hear things people say before they say them. hear things that the tv's about the say before it's on the tv. and have other random intuition with people i know regarding them calling/thinking about me/them being ill or scared.

i don't think theres anyway to control it honestly. like others have said you just have to learn how to quiet everything else and tune into it to be more effective at using it. but it's not like playing a video game where you have a controller and can manipulate it to your complete will. and if someone does have any ideas regarding that, please do share.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Do everyone has prescience in some way or or only some people were able to have it a la Star Wars.

And I wonder if its normal to have third eye opening even when I don't meditate deeply? I feel like its related to my prescience.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Mines didn't require a near death experience at all but through light meditation.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Mines didn't require a near death experience at all but through light meditation.

interesting. i guess it takes different strokes for different folks. lol

wondering how often/long you were meditating for. and by light meditation do you mean moving white light around your body/third eye area?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I meditated I think back on March of this year. When I meant light meditation, I meant it wasn't really deep. Like I wasn't on an altered state. A lot of people say they saw colors when they meditated with their third eye opening. From my experience I didn't but I felt the third eye opening.

When I meditate, I do it after I exercise or if I'm tired because it is more easier with me.

My third eye also opens by listening to this as well.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Good point.
But still coincidences all dependant on the readers shuffle of the deck. I really dont think the cards change their own order, guided by a spiritual force, to display my future.
The reader deciphers the cards and if they have any significance to the recipient then i, personally think its pure coincidence.
But thats just my logical explanation for it. It may be real for others.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

But some of the Tarot Readers of ATS like Dark Blake for example read Tarot Cards here without looking at the person.

From what I remember of it, you don't necessarily need the other person in the same room with you to get an accurate reading. But if you do it that way, a good general understanding of the person and of human nature is indespensible.

The way I learned was that after a reading, the cards should be "cleansed". This is why readers have the "readee" shuffle cards. Different vibes for diffetent readings......that sort of thing. Well, there were times when I did readings of some of my brothers. They weren't with me, but I knew enough about them to where they didn't have to be. After I was done with one and wanted to go with the other, I scattered the cards on the floor and had my 1 year old daughter place them face up randomly. A 1 year olds version of shuffling cards. It was the next best thing I could think of in terms of having someone other than me shuffling the cards after each reading.

What better way to cleanse something than to have someone totally pure do it?

It's been years since I dabbled in that, i had my fun, but intuition can only come into that after you have experience dealing with people. I couldn't see a teenager reading tarot, in other words.

More on topic though, you don't control intuition. You can control that you respond to it or not, but you can't control the fact that it hits you whenever it wants.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheShadows

I wanna confess I considered doing Tarot reading. Would my intuition or as another ATS member said Prescience effect the reading I made?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sorry double post

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

What is an example of an accurate future prediction?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join