It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT team descends on CO school over student’s Halloween costume

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Where I went to high school, no. The law is pretty ambiguous, and essentially leaves transporting of shotguns up to local ordinance outside of a few specific types of shotguns and rifles. There was no local ordinance prohibiting it, but there was one that more or less required they be locked into a gun rack and essentially inaccessible when it was a minor doing the transporting.
edit on 8-10-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Clarity

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

We had spirit weeks at my high school, and for a week, we would have theme days that would occasion the wearing of costumes depending on the day.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Slight overreaction yes. But cmon people this girl was testing and.looking for exactly the reaction she recieved.

A gas mask and trench coat? Wtf is that a costime of?

Secondly, what high schools and students still wear their costumes to school?

We didnt. Theyre too old! Lol

And yes, no mask policy even at my middle school. No, you do not have a right or privledge to wear a mask inside a school. You guys going to say thats a new amendment?

The constitution dorsnt grant us rights, it inumerated the govs rights, and spelled explicitly that certain rights cannot be obstructed.

We retain all other rights.

I have a right to drink a beer, it isnt laid out, but it is a right.

See how that works?
edit on 8-10-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

HALLOWEEN costumes already?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Alright, willing to accept that I guess. I was going off the age limit to buy a shotgun to be able to drive around in sole possession of it like you would be in that case.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Jesus Christ.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You don't have to have an adult with you when hunting unless you're under the age of 12. I see where the confusion came from, but that's because of the hunting license stuff.

ETA - that's for where I went to high school, anyway. Can't speak to other states.
edit on 8-10-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Post-Columbine even short black coats garnered attention and questions. But a Swat team for a t-coat and gas mask, wow. That's pushing it. Fear culture when in fact...

Dressing up, Steampunk, cosplay, etc, with Halloween being around the corner they figured it would be more acceptable.
edit on 8-10-2015 by dreamingawake because: editing...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Was she arrested after they already knew that she was not a threat(that she had no bombs, guns or chemical weapons)? Did they take her mask and coat from her? Are they still keeping them?

Seems a little overzealous but it is a little early for Halloween and she was NOT arrested, right?

Seems similar to something I read recently. I wonder if many of you hold the same views as you did about the previous incident?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What right do you have to wear a mask to school?!

Halloween gives them right.

Jesus she would came dressed up as a cow girl the same thing would have happened.

No it doesn't.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
What was the costume idea suppose to be?

As in who was the student mimicking which is generally what a Halloween costume is.

I think she was trying for Teen Wolf's "The Dread Doctors".

They wear trench coats and gas masks.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Schools should just not allow costumes. Especially during school hours. They'll have to put so many rules on what is not acceptable. Unless it's related to a school function. I don't remember doing Halloween in school, only face paint and school color shirts on game day etc. And hasn't it been discussed on here before, Halloween is more of a religious holiday? Besides, some costumes can be so distasteful. Costumes should be for after school activities. It does nothing but distract from learning.

You old grump, you!
Just a wee nitpick, but Hallowe'en isn't a religious holiday at all, just a gaelic celebration. It marks the midpoint between autumn equinox and winter solstice, and is the start of winter really.

wiki samhain

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Who wears a gas mask to school, though? That's a bit weird.

Someone who is dressed up in a Halloween costume and going to a Halloween celebration perhaps?

Slight overkill.

As an outsider looking into America, or rather your newspaper stories, it does seem like people are edgy - they seem to expect the worst at all times. Is that a fair estimation or would you say I've got that wrong?

That's my general impression of the current state of affairs over there.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I have never heard of a "shooter" wearing a gas mask and a trench coat.

Uh okay. And lets hope you never hear of someone wearing a gas mask as he or she releases a chemical or biological agent to wipe people out.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Maybe this? They were contagious, and Dr. Who is popular with geeks.

It was a creepy episode ... Are you my mommy? Mommy! Mommy ...

This is what popped into my head.

Guess none of the school officials that freaked out have seen Doctor Who

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

That's my general impression of the current state of affairs over there.

It does seem like they get awful worried about all sorts of things that don't really need to be worried about. But I suppose we only read the headline-type stories, so I might be being unfair.

Someone who is dressed up in a Halloween costume and going to a Halloween celebration perhaps?

Definitely. It has got teenage goth-angst written all over it!

(post by fartlordsupreme removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
This is why most schools...the last 5 I've been involved with have a no Mask policy for Halloween. Problem solved.

But they can walk in wearing a burka right? Because that doesn't hide the face at all or allow someone to conceal a sh!toad of automatic weapons, grenades and mines. One rule fits all or it ain't a rule.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Since when do schools allow Halloween costumes 3 1/2 weeks before Halloween? Is October "dress up" month, all month?

If schools allow costumes at all, they have some kind of protocol in place as to what's acceptable, and usually it would only be a one day affair, like on Friday, Oct 30, NOT Wednesday Oct 7th!

edit on 9-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I have never heard of a "shooter" wearing a gas mask and a trench coat.

Uh okay. And lets hope you never hear of someone wearing a gas mask as he or she releases a chemical or biological agent to wipe people out.

I hope for that too. I was referring to an earlier post where someone mentioned that outfit was how "shooters" dressed as a reason for the response.

If we were to extend this logic, then any clothing at all should be outlawed because it can be used to conceal any kind of weapon. We had all better just start walking around naked and hope no one decides body cavity searches are necessary when entering any public building. We are almost there now at the airports. How much worse will it have to get before people say enough?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join