It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT team descends on CO school over student’s Halloween costume

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: lucifershiningone

But what if a Muslim girl was wearing a full burka ?

You mean like the kind your party is trying to ban? So tell me..if you people think it is wrong for a Muslim to wear a burka of face than why is it not wrong for this kid to wear one...gee..what could be the difference?

I have no problem with anybody wearing anything.

"My Party" ?

We are partying?

Who is bringing the beer?

Im not wealthy enough to buy for everyone, between the brits the germans the irish the aussies and us americans.....

Lol, i bet 2 dozen of us coukd kill a thousand beers if the party goes late.

And who is bringing the munchies?

I already have the tortilla chips and i made my homemade dip, 2 lbs sausage, 2 blocks of velvetta cheese, and 3 jars of salsa....

Very good stuff!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

... It was made a Islam thing by the OP, you want to call X out for it then?
Nope, you want to go right along with what X has to say, strange.

A burka doesn't cover the face which is part of the issue here. So you are right they are not even close to the same and shouldn't have been brought up.
edit on thThu, 08 Oct 2015 18:09:45 -0500America/Chicago1020154580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Lipton

Cute, show me how it is then call me a bigot.
I asked the question as to how it was the same, I am trying to expand my knowledge. Opposite of a bigot.

Well known to people saying he is.
If that kid should have known better this girl should have.
Or is it some how different...

I would have just asked her to remove her mask and sent her to class.

Not called swat that is retarded.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

... It was made a Islam thing by the OP

Wrong.

I was answering a referral to the clock bomb boy.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: amazing

This is why most schools...the last 5 I've been involved with have a no Mask policy for Halloween. Problem solved.

Sure.

Take away even more rights and "privileges".

It's just the way it is. They've taken away my rights and privilege to wear sunglasses in Wells Fargo but I don't cry about it.

Thats because they think robbers will politely take their sun glasses off and remove their hat before entering the bank lobby.
Another rule made by an imbecile.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

I asked the question as to how it was the same, I am trying to expand my knowledge. Opposite of a bigot.

Since we're doing "what if" scenarios, you approach her and tell her to take the mask off and go to class.

Except wait a tick, it's somebody who actually wants their identity concealed for some nefarious purpose. And now the jig is up and teacher wick is shot in the tummy.

What if's are pointless. The whole situation started with her moronic decision. Was SWAT putting the school on lockdown overkill? Yea, they probably saw it as an opportunity to do some training and ran with it.

But the jackass that started it all is, still, the jackass that started it all.

link   
Agreed, the SWAT getting called was overboard.

But she intentionally dressed up like this, just like you said Ahmed intentionally made something to look like a bomb.
Both instances have to do with current events and how each can and 'should' be seen. Say should for the sake of argument btw, since it was said over and over again that we needed to look at Ahmed's actions as a possible dry based on current events.
So why not the same for her? Gas mask and trench coat screams shooter to many people.

So who got it wrong?

edit on thThu, 08 Oct 2015 18:16:29 -0500America/Chicago1020152980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

link   

A burka doesn't cover the face which is part of the issue here. So you are right they are not even close to the same and shouldn't have been brought up.

have a look

The burka is the most concealing of all Islamic veils. It is a one-piece veil that covers the face and body, often leaving just a mesh screen to see through.

perfect for a hidden weapon !!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

... It was made a Islam thing by the OP, you want to call X out for it then?
Nope, you want to go right along with what X has to say, strange.

I must have missed the part where the op talked about islam.

It happens, i get busy reading links and other pages and texting and reading emails and well...im only human.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Our poor kids. This is what we left the next generation: fear...fear...and more fear.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ah then it was my mistake to say it doesn't cover the face, thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Guess i need to slow down.
edit on thThu, 08 Oct 2015 18:21:29 -0500America/Chicago1020152980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

... It was made a Islam thing by the OP

Wrong.

I was answering a referral to the clock bomb boy.

I didnt remember seeing anything about it in you op.

Guess im not getting oldtimers yet after all.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yeah well people for those two events to be comparable.

That girl has to get a White House visit.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Gas mask and trench coat? Sounds like the costume was of an NCR Ranger (Fallout New Vegas). Pretty awesome costume if you ask me.

What happened to the days when kids would get talked to and asked to remove the mask. Hell, send her home for the day. People are far too quick to blow everything out of proportion and cause a huge scene over something minor.

I blame reality television. All these years of being inundated with over the top drama has caused people to start seeking the same drama in their own lives and when they don't find it, they create their own.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: johnwick

Since we're doing "what if" scenarios, you approach her and tell her to take the mask off and go to class.

Except wait a tick, it's somebody who actually wants their identity concealed for some nefarious purpose. And now the jig is up and teacher wick is shot in the tummy.

What if's are pointless. The whole situation started with her moronic decision. Was SWAT putting the school on lockdown overkill? Yea, they probably saw it as an opportunity to do some training and ran with it.

But the jackass that started it all is, still, the jackass that started it all.

I agree, but she was a kid, they are known for not making the brightest decisions.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: xuenchen

Who wears a gas mask to school, though? That's a bit weird.

Not as weird as this though:

The Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team, which was training near the school, also responded in full camouflage gear and a large armored vehicle

Slight overkill.

As an outsider looking into America, or rather your newspaper stories, it does seem like people are edgy - they seem to expect the worst at all times. Is that a fair estimation or would you say I've got that wrong?

Nop, Panties are wound so tight theirs blood flow problems.

It's #ing Halloween for # sakes people. Get those e-panties out of your e-cracks
edit on 8-10-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

A parent of a Hampton Academy Junior High School student says the principal of the school told his son to leave the school’s holiday dance on Friday night because the boy was dressed in a Santa Claus costume, which was politically incorrect. Michael Lafond said his son, Bryan, went to the dance dressed as Santa because it was a holiday party.

"He asked if he could dress like Santa and we said yes," said Lafond. "We went to Brooks and purchased the outfit and everything." Lafond said his wife dropped off Bryan at the school. "I went to the dance with my friend," said Bryan Lafond, who is in seventh grade. "He had an elf hat on and we thought it was pretty cool. Everyone loved the suit, but when I went by the principal, he asked why I was dressed like that." Principal Fred Muscara said he told the boy he couldn’t get into the dance because he was wearing the costume.

"It was a holiday party," said Muscara. "It was not a Christmas party. There is a separation of church and state. We have a lot of students that go to Hampton Academy Junior High that have different religions. We have to be sensitive to that."

www.seacoastonline.com...

And that was after classtime.

Schools should just not allow costumes. Especially during school hours. They'll have to put so many rules on what is not acceptable. Unless it's related to a school function. I don't remember doing Halloween in school, only face paint and school color shirts on game day etc. And hasn't it been discussed on here before, Halloween is more of a religious holiday? Besides, some costumes can be so distasteful. Costumes should be for after school activities. It does nothing but distract from learning.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Agreed, the SWAT getting called was overboard.

But she intentionally dressed up like this, just like you said Ahmed intentionally made something to look like a bomb.
Both instances have to do with current events and how each can and 'should' be seen. Say should for the sake of argument btw, since it was said over and over again that we needed to look at Ahmed's actions as a possible dry based on current events.
So why not the same for her? Gas mask and trench coat screams shooter to many people.

So who got it wrong?

I could entertain that idea, if we had a day that people pretend to make bombs every year.

But we dont, or just maybe like some scifi day that folks " borg" out stuff.

But we dont.

This is october.

People do dress up all crazy this time of year.

In one scenario, it is a common action that most of the populous partakes in.

The other is more like grasping at stars in attempt to make a point, or place both actions on level ground to compare them to eachother.

But they have nothing in common but kids and school.

Every other factor is totally different.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It is common to show up to a school in a gas mask and a trench coat barley a week after a school shooting?

K.

The point I was making is about the intent and what that intent was.

If Ahmed's intent was to scare people I have a hard time to see how this can be seen any different.

And no you are not getting old timers, I got ahead of my self and misspoke about what X said.
I have to put my foot in my mouth there.
edit on thThu, 08 Oct 2015 18:29:54 -0500America/Chicago1020155480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join