It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT team descends on CO school over student’s Halloween costume

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Lipton

Cute, show me how it is then call me a bigot.
I asked the question as to how it was the same, I am trying to expand my knowledge. Opposite of a bigot.

a reply to: johnwick
Well known to people saying he is.
If that kid should have known better this girl should have.
Or is it some how different...

I would have just asked her to remove her mask and sent her to class.

Not called swat that is retarded.

Since we're doing "what if" scenarios, you approach her and tell her to take the mask off and go to class.

Except wait a tick, it's somebody who actually wants their identity concealed for some nefarious purpose. And now the jig is up and teacher wick is shot in the tummy.

What if's are pointless. The whole situation started with her moronic decision. Was SWAT putting the school on lockdown overkill? Yea, they probably saw it as an opportunity to do some training and ran with it.

But the jackass that started it all is, still, the jackass that started it all.

I agree, but she was a kid, they are known for not making the brightest decisions.

Understood. The problem is that a gas mask and trench coat make it rather difficult to tell who somebody is. Which is why literally every school I'm familiar with doesn't allow masks of any sort.

Again, I don't disagree at all that the SWAT response was over the top. They made a meal out of it. But her stupid decision won her a stupid prize.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: xuenchen

Who wears a gas mask to school, though? That's a bit weird.

Not as weird as this though:

The Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team, which was training near the school, also responded in full camouflage gear and a large armored vehicle

Slight overkill.

As an outsider looking into America, or rather your newspaper stories, it does seem like people are edgy - they seem to expect the worst at all times. Is that a fair estimation or would you say I've got that wrong?

Nop, Panties are wound so tight theirs blood flow problems.

It's #ing Halloween for # sakes people. Get those e-panties out of your e-cracks

Is it? I've got 08 October. Is my calendar that far off?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

A parent of a Hampton Academy Junior High School student says the principal of the school told his son to leave the school’s holiday dance on Friday night because the boy was dressed in a Santa Claus costume, which was politically incorrect. Michael Lafond said his son, Bryan, went to the dance dressed as Santa because it was a holiday party.

"He asked if he could dress like Santa and we said yes," said Lafond. "We went to Brooks and purchased the outfit and everything." Lafond said his wife dropped off Bryan at the school. "I went to the dance with my friend," said Bryan Lafond, who is in seventh grade. "He had an elf hat on and we thought it was pretty cool. Everyone loved the suit, but when I went by the principal, he asked why I was dressed like that." Principal Fred Muscara said he told the boy he couldn’t get into the dance because he was wearing the costume.

"It was a holiday party," said Muscara. "It was not a Christmas party. There is a separation of church and state. We have a lot of students that go to Hampton Academy Junior High that have different religions. We have to be sensitive to that."

www.seacoastonline.com...

And that was after classtime.

Schools should just not allow costumes. Especially during school hours. They'll have to put so many rules on what is not acceptable. Unless it's related to a school function. I don't remember doing Halloween in school, only face paint and school color shirts on game day etc. And hasn't it been discussed on here before, Halloween is more of a religious holiday? Besides, some costumes can be so distasteful. Costumes should be for after school activities. It does nothing but distract from learning.

Well, arent you just a killjoy?

You know, with the stick removed from your butt you could learn not to take things so serious, and lighten up, hell maybe even enjoy yourself!!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

It is common to show up to a school in a gas mask and a trench coat barley a week after a school shooting?

K.

The point I was making is about the intent and what that intent was.

If Ahmed's intent was to scare people I have a hard time to see how this can be seen any different.

And no you are not getting old timers, I got ahead of my self and misspoke about what X said.
I have to put my foot in my mouth there.

Yes, it was common to show up in costumes around holloween when i was in school.

That is back when you coukd still keep your shotgun in the gun rack of your pickup at school, and no shootings though...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Halloween's not for three more weeks. Weak sauce. This was for attention. Guess it worked.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It is common to show up to a school in a gas mask and a trench coat barley a week after a school shooting?

K.

All the more reason to think about the possibility she was part of the "Drill".

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Ya so common to show up 3 weeks before halloween in costume...

And I call BS on your shotguns in the parking lot, or at the very least a very small number of seniors that happen to be over 18.
edit on thThu, 08 Oct 2015 18:52:58 -0500America/Chicago1020155880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Probably a Obama psy op paid for by shills to make republicans or white supremacist websites to look bad.

Think that covers the usual.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

And I call BS on your shotguns in the parking lot, or at the very least a very small number of seniors that happen to be over 18.

I don't think Wick lives in California, which is probably why the concept is foreign to you.

I 100% vouch for shotguns in pickup trucks in the parking lot. First day of deer season, all the rednecks at my high school were late and showed up in muddy trucks with guns in racks.

The school monitored the parking lot and woe to the kid who was stupid enough to pull his gun out of the rack. But they were indeed there.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Probably a Obama psy op paid for by shills to make republicans or white supremacist websites to look bad.

Think that covers the usual.

That, and don't forget ...... wait for it .....

GUN Controll !!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

No really, when i went to school it was common to see them during hunting season.

Though 3 weeks is pushing it being for halloween.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

So wait.. A girl who had no weapons, didnt threaten anyone, and didnt break any known rules is facing expulsion why? Because the school and police overreacted to her clothing choice?

Thats a little crazy.

What if it was worn as a political statement?

or it was "Social art?"

or what if she just thought it looked cool and wanted to wear it?

or something to that effect

We cant condemn other people for our prejudice and overreactions.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
People get so wound up on nitpicking the little stuff...relax already

So she wore her costume to school. Maybe she wanted to show her friends what she was thinking of doing for Halloween so they could all do something similar. Maybe she went through the Denver airport recently.

As for the outrage over alarm clocks and comparing it to this, last I heard terrorists weren't using gas masks and trench coats.

If she cant wear a mask to conceal her face due to school policy, then any clothing that obscures a students face should be held to the same scrutiny. Fair is fair after all...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I am still trying to get a grip over all of this tolerance stuff while being treated intolerantly by those who preach tolerance and people being born one thing and want to be another, so I am tending to lean Progressively and agree with you!

Maybe she was born to be a Stormtrooper?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I am still trying to get a grip over all of this tolerance stuff while being treated intolerantly by those who preach tolerance and people being born one thing and want to be another, so I am tending to lean Progressively and agree with you!

Maybe she was born to be a Stormtrooper?

I self identify as a dark lord of the sith.

My sith name is " DARTH Jonathan Alowisious wick"

My initials are Djaw.

Because that is where i force punch my enemies.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Maybe this? They were contagious, and Dr. Who is popular with geeks.

It was a creepy episode ... Are you my mommy? Mommy! Mommy ...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ya i should have made it sound like there is none, I did say that I bet it was a few seniors. I know you don't have to he over 18 to hunt, but don't you have to be over 18 to he the only one in a pickup with a shotgun?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Funny how we dove into ever aspect if Ahmed life and family and what his intentions were and what it could if been since his family was muslim but here we are just fine with some one showing up what shooters show up in and it is no big deal at all because Halloween that is in 3 weeks.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Slight overreaction yes. But cmon people this girl was testing and.looking for exactly the reaction she recieved.

A gas mask and trench coat? Wtf is that a costime of?

Secondly, what high schools and students still wear their costumes to school?

We didnt. Theyre too old! Lol

And yes, no mask policy even at my middle school. No, you do not have a right or privledge to wear a mask inside a school. You guys going to say thats a new amendment?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have never heard of a "shooter" wearing a gas mask and a trench coat.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join