It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan woman with concealed carry permit opens fire at alleged Home Depot shoplifters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Don't know the full story. But I'm not sure what the problem is. If nothing else? She was protecting her purchasing power at Home Depot. If it takes a "village" to raise children? Why not a "village" to protect it? If nothing else? There's a car out there with a bullet hole that the "cops" should be looking for. If not and this keeps up? It's going to get awful polite out there. And cops will be looking for another line of work. What's everyone upset about? She only fired three rounds. A cop would've dumped at least thirteen, over a trafic violation. Because you bucked his/her authority.

Seriously you support this action? Responsible gun owners would be appalled, but yet you are cheering her on, seriously?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Trigger happy schizo-affectives thinking they're Judge Dread.

I hope she gets life for attempted murder.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Trigger happy schizo-affectives thinking they're Judge Dread.

I hope she gets life for attempted murder.

Thank you Charlie, I know we don't agree often.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
Now I know there are those on ATS that believe criminals deserve whatever they get. And any commentary that questions actions taken against criminals is often viewed by those same individuals as showing support for criminals and criminal activity.

That said, this woman is 100% irresponsible and I'd question revoking her CCL if that's even a possibility. On top of that I think she should absolutely be charged with at least public endangerment or some variation of firearm violation. With limited to no context she opened fire on a moving vehicle in a public parking lot. There was no danger to herself or anyone until she began shooting at alleged shoplifters.

Im many states, just having someone see your weapon, is grounds for losing your ccw. Let alone firing it in public.

I dont mean showing it off either. I mean someone gets a look in your waistband while your tying your shoe, or sees it under your jacket.
edit on 7-10-2015 by ISawItFirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
She should be charged with something. The permit is for personal protection, not private security guard.
All the way exactly!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Just happy to see a consensus on here about gun responsibility... from both sides it seems.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74You need to go away. You are a Bad Monkey, not a boy monkey. You remind me of Obama, trying to pour fuel on a fire. You try yo stir the pot on all your threads.
This woman should not fire on anyone fleeing a crime scene, althought the police will do that, The police shot a woman whose son attends my church even though she was kidnapped. They put 10 bullets in her, and left her husband without a wife, and her 2 kids with out a mom.
Hey Monkey boy.... Agenda much?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

You can't fix stupid, but you sure can find plenty of it.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Just happy to see a consensus on here about gun responsibility... from both sides it seems.

I would agree, I think there are some very responsible CCP holders on this site, and it is nice to see the responsibility of carrying a firearm held up.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yes.

I would just love to know what kind of training she got (and/or what kind of student she was) and the hell was going through her mind. And sorta kinda if that other earlier case got a lot of airplay in the area or not and whether it may have somehow influenced her actions, either liminally or subliminally...you know...the kind of thing where we tend remember just the early, flashy headlines and don't always follow stories to their conclusions or retractions when more facts come out?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

If that was the topic of the thread I would show my anger towards the police also.
The woman should not have used her gun in this situation. Having a concealed weapon does not make you police.
I need to go away? tough.
What exactly did I say in this thread which you disagree with?.
Oh go on call me a paid shill why don't you....
edit on 7-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

You use the word village..I can think of phrase that includes "village"..also a car with a bullet hole..that'll narrow it down, I hope you refrain from gun ownership.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

Ya know...I took an advanced training class once and the instructor asked me if I would assist him with a women's gun safety training class when it came time to get on the range. I did it twice a week for a month and then decided I valued my safety and my life more. Let me tell you, there were some real loonies taking those classes. I still have nightmares.
edit on 10/7/2015 by ~Lucidity because: typo'd my for me

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Yes.

I would just love to know what kind of training she got (and/or what kind of student she was) and the hell was going through her mind. And sorta kinda if that other earlier case got a lot of airplay in the area or not and whether it may have somehow influenced her actions, either liminally or subliminally...you know...the kind of thing where we tend remember just the early, flashy headlines and don't always follow stories to their conclusions or retractions when more facts come out?

I normally love your post, you are very eloquent in your use of the english language. I am guessing she got little training, have taken CC classes, and they are useless as far as my military training has taken me.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

How much training do people have to take to get a concealed carry permit?.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Yes Im sure it was staged..no way a stupid gun owner might live in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

In Georgia none. All you have to do is fill out a simple form, pay your money, and get fingerprinted.

It varies by state. In Michigan, where this woman is from, they need to take a class to get their permit.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Do people have to take a driving test in Georgia? to drive a car?.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: roaland

Ya know...I took an advanced training class once and the instructor asked me if I would assist him with a women's gun safety training class when it came time to get on the range. I did it twice a week for a month and then decided I valued my safety and my life more. Let me tell you, there were some real loonies taking those classes. I still have nightmares.

Not guns, but martial arts, after a month of "helping", I decided discretion was the better part of valor.

ETA: a knee in the cojones is very effective, but probably not on the guy that is trying to help you defend yourself. Once these women got a little self confidence that was there first move, till I put them on their back, and then they started thinking.

edit on 10/7/2015 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/7/2015 by BubbaJoe because: I can't type

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Attempted murder, I think would do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join