It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan woman with concealed carry permit opens fire at alleged Home Depot shoplifters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Everyone is my class was pretty good. There were even a few of them who had never shot a gun before but with the proper instructor and good range training, not one hairy moment. I live in Ohio for the record and I'm sure the CCW thing is slightly different in that evil state up north (Go Bucks). and just to comment on your OP no one should draw a firearm unless its to protect themselves or someone else. If you draw your firearm it should only be to protect you or someone near you, or obviously to unholster at home lol Hell I'll go one further and say you shouldn't even put your hand on it unless you intend to draw it bc once your hand is on it, if you've practiced your draw time, its game over.

Ohio is a Castle Law state and I always carry my beretta PX4. Got my CCW two days after i turned in the paperwork and hit the range once a month to throw a few hundred rounds down range, Just like any CCW holder should do.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It just goes to prove that background checks and licensing isn`t a foolproof way of making sure the crazies don`t get their hands on guns.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jackjoedoe
a reply to: Bluntone22

Attempted murder, I think would do.

Illegally discharging a firearm in the city limits, not sure she should do prison time, but someone needs to get this woman's attention.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

LOL in a parking lot with rubber cones!

link   
What a ditz.
She should sit in the hoosegow for a few weeks and be educated on when it is appropriate to use deadly force and when it is not.
If she damaged anyone's vehicle she is financially liable for repairs.

link   

originally posted by: roaland

Everyone is my class was pretty good. There were even a few of them who had never shot a gun before but with the proper instructor and good range training, not one hairy moment. I live in Ohio for the record and I'm sure the CCW thing is slightly different in that evil state up north (Go Bucks). and just to comment on your OP no one should draw a firearm unless its to protect themselves or someone else. If you draw your firearm it should only be to protect you or someone near you, or obviously to unholster at home lol Hell I'll go one further and say you shouldn't even put your hand on it unless you intend to draw it bc once your hand is on it, if you've practiced your draw time, its game over.

Ohio is a Castle Law state and I always carry my beretta PX4. Got my CCW two days after i turned in the paperwork and hit the range once a month to throw a few hundred rounds down range, Just like any CCW holder should do.

Good for you, and I hope you enjoy your range time.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

So they make people take a test to be able to drive but to carry a gun they don't even give any training...wow.
I know that most gun owners will get training but still wow.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

So they make people take a test to be able to drive but to carry a gun they don't even give any training...wow.
I know that most gun owners will get training but still wow.

Sad but true boymonkey, in many states in the US, you have no criminal record, you can get a concealed carry permit

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

See that may be another point that could be addressed across the board, without infringing on anyone's rights. Although in this case, it doesn't appear that taking a class made much of a difference. Many of those classes are pretty rudimentary though.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Deadly force against shoplifters? And she's not even LEO? Or a loss prevention officer for Home Depot?

Just no.

What's next? Civilians taking aim at jay walkers or speeders? Litter bugs?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
As usual, conservatives think that money or property is more important than human life, but then they claim to be pro-life.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am 55 years old, have been shot at twice in my life, once with buckshot while stealing a farmers watermelons, he had every right, none of us were hurt, but scared the living hell out of us. The other about 22 years of age, sitting in a bar, I heard the jacking of a shotgun and hit the floor, the guy fired 5 shots at the bar and blew it up, but no one was hurt. I consider myself lucky, and a firearm would have helped me in no way, in either situation, my ass was hugging the carpet to tight.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
As usual, conservatives think that money or property is more important than human life, but then they claim to be pro-life.

I will chastise you as I did someone else earlier, lets remove labels from the argument.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Yikes. Well don't steal watermelons! At least it was only buckshot.

Closest I ever came was getting caught in a cross-fire in NYC while we were driving down a street. We not only hit the floor but burrowed into the car carpet. Scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don't care if you do have an open carry permit.

Having a gun NEVER gives you permission to dole out vigilante justice.

Gun owners seem to think that their gun gives them permission to stop all sorts of criminal activity they see happening - it does not.

Your gun also doesn't give you the authority to "guard against Gay and Muslim customers" at stores or any other form of vigilantism that you see fit due to your belief system.

If gun owners want to protect recruiting stations, stores etc from criminals, then they should join the Army or Police.

Gun owners claim to love the Constitution, but seem to think that they can dole out justice that they see fit without the benefit of a fair trial, and think they can enforce laws that simply don't exist just by showing up with their gun.

Charge this woman with assault (even if the intention was good, she still shot someone) and set an example.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don't care if you do have an open carry permit.

Having a gun NEVER gives you permission to dole out vigilante justice.

Gun owners seem to think that their gun gives them permission to stop all sorts of criminal activity they see happening - it does not.

Your gun also doesn't give you the authority to "guard against Gay and Muslim customers" at stores or any other form of vigilantism that you see fit due to your belief system.

If gun owners want to protect recruiting stations, stores etc from criminals, then they should join the Army or Police.

Gun owners claim to love the Constitution, but seem to think that they can dole out justice that they see fit without the benefit of a fair trial, and think they can enforce laws that simply don't exist just by showing up with their gun.

Charge this woman with assault (even if the intention was good, she still shot someone) and set an example.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Closest I ever came was getting caught in a cross-fire in NYC while we were driving down a street. We not only hit the floor but burrowed into the car carpet. Scary stuff.

Only in the USA can someone refer to the time that they got caught in the crossfire with such nonchalance.

Americans say that "There is nothing that can be done about gun violence" while ignoring the fact that they are one of the only countries on the planet that has a right to bear arms, and one of the only countries on the planet with a repeat mass murder problem.

"Nothing can be done about this"? How about whatever ALL the other countries are doing to stop this, successfully. Answer - GUN CONTROL. IT WORKS. EVERYWHERE.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Yeah am sitting here after hearing this, trying to think about the response I am going to give to a couple of posts down.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I was shot at in the UK when I was 20, we were camping and wandered on private land and a farmer shot his shotgun and shouted "bugger off private land".
I ran away

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Oh boy, I don't know what she was thinking. Her job isn't to watch the customers in the store and try to prevent them from stealing from the store; her job is not to kill people who are stealing from the store! Moron!

Now if a gun was pulled on her, or maybe even someone else, then by all means pull your weapon. Shooting at criminals in a parking lot as they drive away is not what that gun is meant for! Get the license plate number, model, make, and call the police. Done.

Her use of the weapon endangered innocent lives and she needs to be charged!

!
edit on 7-10-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join