It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jets Intercept US Predator UAVs Over Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Why do you war? Want was never implied?

without us you'd be in a much more dangerous place without the benefit of our efforts. in other words, you'd be the one obliged to act the primate....

No not really, world doesnt go around three ideals.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Why ask why?

Let's try this. Why do you war?......against war?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

No where in my statements did i say anything about being against it, why do you war?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Man that must have been hard to slow down to about 70 kts....you know the pred is just a single prop small engine aircraft... hehe

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: spy66

P.S.

Personally, I trust the Turks about as far as I can drop-kick them.

Lord know who and what they actually support or what they perceive to be gains if this turns into a shooting fracas....

Turkey has only one goal drop as many bombs on the kurds as they can while pretending they were attacking ISIL. Every nation in Syria has there own agenda. Like Russia there bombing the Syrian rebel group and not USUAL other than a couple of attacks. Isil is almost impervious to Russian attacks they are in the deary and highly mobile. But that's not there goal they are trying to help Assad regain areas he lost to the rebels. The US is bombing Isil mostly to keep them from attacking the rebels from their rear. Now I'm sure there has been instances where they attacked the Syrian army but for the most part are avoiding that content with not allowing the Syrian airforce to attack the rebels.

This is where Russia throws a wrench into the US plans. Syrian fighters that attacked the rebels in cities held by them were shot down. Now with Russians taking over the air campaign and attacking rebels and bombing strongholds this gives the Syrian army air support to soften the targets again. Bomb a city for a week and people tend to want to quit fighting.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

OK. Play the semantics game. No You didn't 'say' it.

It is implied. The implication being you don't understand why 'we war'. Otherwise, why ask the question?

I actually don't believe you don't understand the 'why' of it. I'd guess the intent is to debunk/counter it. Hence, the only reasonable conclusion is you being against it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well thought out, sir.

It looks to me that the main reason we didn't go the route of splitting Iraq into it's three ethnicities was due to Turkey.

The think being that fighting would erupt between a newly formed Kurdish nation and Turkey and was to be avoided.

It didn't avoid it at all, apparently....another politically motivated wrong choice.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

P.S. Perhaps one short term goal. Then there's the re-establishment of an Ottoman Empire. A longer term goal, but not to be discounted.....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It isnt implied either, i want you to answer, why do you war?

Answer isnt complicated never is. You make the complexity based on ideals.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I don't make war.

Ideals exist. War exists.

I'll take the ideals....and any stress connected to them over any apparent alternative.

Not at all complicated....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Ideals does not exist in nature, therefor its an illusion of a transcended thought. Same ideals teaches not to war "Thou shalt not kill" sixth commandment.

I think most men are capable of murder, circumstances doesnt matter, the war is an excuse to murder without repercussions as a human. The duality in war is to take the percentage out of society which will never fit and give them a purpose.

War is an ideal thought, its a unique human feature, in the basics, its Don Quijote. You are taught the ideals, you dont take them.

Why do you war?

You dont know why you war, thats the point.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

Ideals does not exist in nature, therefor its an illusion of a transcended thought. Same ideals teaches not to war "Thou shalt not kill" sixth commandment.

Say what? Prove 'ideals don't exist in nature'. Primates aren't part of nature? A composite product of nature? Sorry, but your going to have to prove that statement. Slight correction, thou shalt not 'murder'...is the original translation.
I think most men are capable of murder, circumstances doesnt matter, the war is an excuse to murder without repercussions as a human. The duality in war is to take the percentage out of society which will never fit and give them a purpose.

Ah, based on that premise, those that murder had no other purpose? "take the percentage out of society which will never fit and give them purpose". What about the 100,000's of thousands that never murdered before being drafted and ceased that activity when war was done? That went onto a 'normal' life-without war- and lived out their lives?
My skepticism increases...

War is an ideal thought, its a unique human feature, in the basics, its Don Quijote. You are taught the ideals, you dont take them.

War isn't a 'thought'. It is an act. It may be based on a thought/ideal, but may be as 'base' as the instinctive desire to survive.

Why do you war?

I war because I choose to. Just as I do NOT war because I choose NOT to. There are no absolutes. I disagree with your premise.
You dont know why you war, thats the point.

edit on 8-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I will agree to the extent that an 'ideal' can and does hold the intent in check, so to speak.

Where I believe you are confused is concluding war IS an ideal. That is flat out wrong. Still, if it gives you comfort to believe so, that's fine with me. Apparently, we like our explanations in nice, neat little packages with nice little bow-ties on them.

Enjoy...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

If the Russians are "painting" our assets with radar, they are only shooting themselves in the foot. NATO, Turkey and everyone else has so much SIGINT aircraft in that area they are really giving us some good intel.

Oh you can bet a few Raptors or another secret aircraft are soaking up every bit they can on the Russians. The Israelis are probably doing the same on the ground and in the air.

edit on 8-10-2015 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

One can not win in a war against Russia.

If they figured out how to make a 100 percent reliable missile defense shield they would most certainly attack Russia.

This wont be about the U.S. for too long, Obama will make sure of that. He is happy Russia is on Israels doorstep. Soon Russia and the Arabs will turn west and try to invade Israel. What causes it will likely be an attack on Iran by Israel or someone setting up Israel somehow. I fear Turkey will paint and modify some of their F-16s to look Israeli and start a huge mess. I could also see someone trying to get them to bomb Russian troops by giving Israel false info, saying it was weapons heading for Hezbollah in Lebanon since its Russian and Iranian missiles they have been trying to stop to this point anyway.

Hopefully Russian and Israeli forces have a hot-line set up between them right now since they did make an agreement on when and where Israel is allowed to attack Syria. Russia by day and Israel by night all around the Lebanese border areas.

That's right, Russia made sure to consult Israel before they moved in. Smart move on Putin's part. Letting Putin get his foot in the mid-east, dumb dumb dumb idea and possibly the worst move anyone has pulled in a very long time.

Putin is there for one reason only, to benefit Russia!! He GAVE Israel the TOR anti-aircraft system codes so it could be spoofed, just so Israel can bomb Syria when they need too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join