It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jets Intercept US Predator UAVs Over Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I sorta think the USA will soon be filling the Syrian skies with all sorts of Drones & Predator cruise missiles with those hell-fire missiles... to clutter the air so the Russian jets have to react to their slow presence

or else both sides are doing a cat-&-mouse dance to see what each side has in way of detection/evasion tech.

I don't really think the Russian operation will result in a quagmire for them.... remember Putin sent in the Special Forces with the go ahead to DO WHATEVER IS NEEDED.. so the SF have permission to create dead-zones where the Muslims have been cleaned out will not be able to return to and re-occupy as a base of operations

there are a couple of other posts alluding to Russia on a losers' journey.... I can't recall those points now... but I have a notion that the Russians learned from the Mujahadeen/Taliban whipping and from watching the decades of USA blunders and loss of control of the Proxy armies.... the WH love for terrorists will be the USA's undoing and the strength for Russians
edit on th31144424446707012015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Explains the presence of Israeli F-15 in Syrian airspace as well, we all can trust the US mandate to be beyond reproach.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicMod

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: bucsarg

We've already learned quit a bit through they media coverage they have given. Have you see how far off target their bombs hit in those videos they released?

Good point. Ive seen several sources state that the Russians have yet to field a GPS or GLONASS guided munition - that they just don't have the capability. I also find it interesting that they are fielding cluster bombs. Signs that they are doing this on the cheap...

They do have the capability and have it deployed in Syria. Su-34s have been using KAB-500SE sat guided bombs.

www.ausairpower.net...

See from the 1 minute section and note the sat guided KAB-500 on the Su-34.

edit on 7/10/2015 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: bjarneorn

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Does NATO actually think they can win a war with Russia?

Actually, they border on being that retarded ... the Ukraine crisis is a tell tale.

While Russia has some interesting tech, I question how trained they are.

You really think NATO or the US will be the first to use a weapon of last resort?

Both nations, US and Russia have said that they will use Nuclear weapons as a first responds.

It is just as likely that the US will use them in a first strike as it would be for the Russians to use them.

Just did a quick search and I could only find articles stating Putin would use them If a European missile shield were put in place, which kinda makes my point.

I found this right away.

www.wsj.com...

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration will release a new national nuclear-weapons strategy Tuesday that makes only modest changes to U.S. nuclear forces, leaving intact the longstanding U.S. threat to use nuclear weapons first, even against non-nuclear nations.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Explains the presence of Israeli F-15 in Syrian airspace as well, we all can trust the US mandate to be beyond reproach.

The US just stated today that they will not cooparete With Russia regarding the use of Syrian airspace, or where the Syrian Free Army (rebels) operate, Or who they are. Probably make a lot of sense, because the US dont know who they are.

The only terms they have agreed on, are to share flight coms so that they dont bump into eachother.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Remember remember Vasili Arkhipov and Stanislav Petrov, dear ladies and gents!

Hope ya all are prepared for some (civil) disobedience and insubordination at the very moment when history repeats itself again. Syria-us business here.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Tracked or locked?

Also where were the SUs? Whose airspace?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Does NATO actually think they can win a war with Russia?

You better hope Putin never wants to find out.

Russia has .0000000000099 % chance of winning a war with NATO.

If Putin thought he could defeat NATO he would have taken back those countries that he lost in 91, which some are now NATO countries. He hasn't which means he knows he couldn't win a war against NATO.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

you do if your the Mongolians and have the last name khan..... but more on topic i think this is actually good as a member pointed about above we will get radar info on them and other various intel from observing them operating in the Syrian theater and that other then the standard cold war games we like to play i dont see russian vs nato escalating to a shooting war any time soon

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Tracked or locked?

Also where were the SUs? Whose airspace?

The F-16s were from Turkey. The SUs flew from Syrian airspace into Turkish airspace North of Idlib for a few minuts.

The radar that had a Lock on the F-16s were stationed in Syria. The radar was Locked on for 4 minuts it was probably a weapon Lock. But it is not mentioned. But since NATO is making such a big deal out of this, the radar was probably locked on With weapons ready.

There was one more incitend in the Black Sea With a MIG 29 as well. This MIG had a physical weapon Lock on Turkish F-16s.

Russian SU 30SM have also been very Close to US f-16s as well. As Close as 20 miles.

The yellow are Russian and the Green are US/Turks.

Some might want to know why Russia shadow US drones. Well you can see where the US have their drones. By the looks of it the US are not interested in ISIL, More like they are interested in Russia.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Thanks much for the response!

I would point out that for the Turkish 16s to intercept the SUs the Turks likely had a paint of the SUs as well, also in Syrian air-space. Games are afoot...

Your detailed display shows we've got this covered completely....

We're rope-a-doping...their showing too much.....

edit on 7-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Why do we make war? Its a philosophy question, it means think.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

P.S.

Personally, I trust the Turks about as far as I can drop-kick them.

Lord know who and what they actually support or what they perceive to be gains if this turns into a shooting fracas....

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Why ask why?

Why are you even on this thread? Just curious? A need to be forewarned?

That's why I'm on it. I'd bet more than just me. Waxing philosophic at this juncture is a waste of time.....

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don’t think it takes an expert in foreign affairs or a high level military strategist to understand that the situation in Syria, and the rest of the M.E., has gotten way outta hand. There are simply too many players fighting too many causes in too confined of a space. I keep reading that China is now considering joining the fray. My God, when was the last time China participated in a foreign military action? How many major military powers are necessary to fight this battle? Eventually, something’s gotta give.

If I was over there, I wouldn’t know who to shoot. And sooner or later someone’s going to screwup. And then the entire world will have Hell to pay.

I may be totally full of it, but it’s just this sort of thing that makes me a little nervous. It doesn’t take a wild imagination to envision WWIII kicking off due to conflicts in the M.E. This has all gotten way too complicated. Maybe it’s come time for Nature to excercise a little population control.

Peace...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

When most of the thread is about fear of war, or warmongering in a ideal way, you might wanna rethink. Why do we war?
Im on abovetopsecret cause a lot of people in here are actually enligthened, im making a philosophic statement cause the truth is not maybe what you want to actually hear.

So it becomes a philosophy statement, relax, think, why do we war? What is an ideal? What is a culture? What is moral and ethics? What institutions has monopoly on all of them..

You do never do anything unless it has a purpose, the main problem when primates think they are actually the ideals what it is to be a human. You are a imagination of ideals you are taught, what you truly are is a primate.

Now think, why do we war?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

P.S.

Personally, I trust the Turks about as far as I can drop-kick them.

Lord know who and what they actually support or what they perceive to be gains if this turns into a shooting fracas....

Russia and Turkey usually conduct military drills together now and then, usually when Russia have their carrier stationed at Tartus. I dont think that will happen this year....

At the Moment Turkey is also being pressured by NATO to reakt hard towards the last days events.

As Jens Stoltenberg (NATO) said. Turkey airspace is also NATO airspace.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicMod

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: bucsarg

We've already learned quit a bit through they media coverage they have given. Have you see how far off target their bombs hit in those videos they released?

Good point. Ive seen several sources state that the Russians have yet to field a GPS or GLONASS guided munition - that they just don't have the capability. I also find it interesting that they are fielding cluster bombs. Signs that they are doing this on the cheap...

Russia has many many dumb bombs left over from previous wars. No reason to use smart anything against a bunch of sand people carrying black flags or weapons. I would do the same thing ...it frees up storage areas to make room for the newer stuff....if they have any to store and I kinda think they do...

Like someone else said Russia has done more in 5 or six days than the combine forces of the allies have done in 13 months. The roads have been open to ISIS to use for transporting their oil caravans. Even after ISIS captured 650 million (?) worth of Iraq's military machine provided by uncle scammy they just drove away with their new shinny toys.. Arm the moderates ...yea right...

I think it is high time for the USA, Saudi, UAE, Israel, Turkey, and whoever else in this sick game stops trying to overthrow any secular government..

The USA should have gone after Saudi and demanded to know which prince or more masterminded and funded 9/11 instead of Iraq.

Just an opinion but one I am pretty firm with..

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

How kind....

Having read your version of hubris, I will make this equally simple response.

'Want' isn't an issue. Even suggesting it shows an arrogance resulting in a complete underestimation of those you so condescendingly preach to.

The advantage we 'primates' hold over those of your ilk is attunement with their environment. It is a dangerous place.

Your enjoyment of a relatively safe environment is largely due to the efforts of we primates. So show a little respect, without us you'd be in a much more dangerous place without the benefit of our efforts. in other words, you'd be the one obliged to act the primate....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join