It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jets Intercept US Predator UAVs Over Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

"Russian fighter jets shadowed U.S. predator drones on at least three separate occasions high above Syria since the start of Russia’s air campaign last week, according to two U.S. officials briefed on this latest intelligence from the region.

“The first time it happened, we thought the Russians got lucky. Then it happened two more times,” said one official. "

Story Link

The story says the Predators were shadowed - sounds to me as thought they were probably painted by the Russian planes....

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Oct 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: added EX TAGS as well

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicMod
"Russian fighter jets shadowed U.S. predator drones on at least three separate occasions high above Syria since the start of Russia’s air campaign last week, according to two U.S. officials briefed on this latest intelligence from the region.

“The first time it happened, we thought the Russians got lucky. Then it happened two more times,” said one official. "

Story Link

The story says the Predators were shadowed - sounds to me as thought they were probably painted by the Russian planes....

And so it begins!

They are comming. . . . . . . "LET THEM COME!"

If this is true how will the USA respond?
Will they send drones or fighters to shoot down the Russians and Government pilots?
Is this the begining of the end for all of us?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Or maybe it was just how it kinda sounds, USA was testing Russian capabilities to detect their movements and so they did, repeatedly so. Many countries does sort of things, at least i have read about cases before.

As long as fire have not been changed there is not too much to worry about it, right?
edit on 7-10-2015 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicMod

If the Russians are "painting" our assets with radar, they are only shooting themselves in the foot. NATO, Turkey and everyone else has so much SIGINT aircraft in that area they are really giving us some good intel. on the capabilities of the radars in their SU's.
Plus it's not like they are going to learn anything useful from getting a look at a predator. What they are doing here is no different than what they do every other day running bombers up against other nations airspace.

theaviationist.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So what's the big deal? The predator is not hard to find on radar.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Spot on. No different to the usual airspace trolling IMO. Except this happens to be over Syria, hence why it is newsworthy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well it looks like everyone just wants to poke around Syria and see what will be allowed now. . . .
If a global war starts because of this we will all be the losers in it as TZAR bombs come to a city near each of us. Does NATO actually think they can win a war with Russia? I dont think they will if they tried. . . . . . Only thing that would happen is global obliteration so why even take steps towards that destination?

www.theguardian.com...

Australian jets diverted from Syria as Russia's entry complicates mission
Operations chief David Johnston says pause because RAAF resources were not needed but admits Russian intervention has ‘increased complexity’.

edit on 7-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

If the Russians are "painting" our assets with radar, they are only shooting themselves in the foot. NATO, Turkey and everyone else has so much SIGINT aircraft in that area they are really giving us some good intel. on the capabilities of the radars in their SU's.
Plus it's not like they are going to learn anything useful from getting a look at a predator. What they are doing here is no different than what they do every other day running bombers up against other nations airspace.

theaviationist.com...

I'm certainly not surprised any of this is happening - just found it curious that they are shadowing predators rather than other USAF assets.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

The news part to this just might be that US is supposed to let the Russian/Syrian military know of operations in the area .If they did then they would of had prior knowledge but if not then maybe the US is not living up to a agreement to do so . The Drone part is no big deal in one way because didn't Iran capture one of those critters ? This could have more to do with the politics behind the scene me thinks .

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Does NATO actually think they can win a war with Russia?

Actually, they border on being that retarded ... the Ukraine crisis is a tell tale.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
believe me, that Russian pilot knows that if a fight happens up there, there is no "pilot" to shoot down...he's the one that could possibly lose his life, the "other" is a piece of machinery.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
More news on Russia intercepting multiple US drones in Syria.

Russian Fighter Jets Intercept U.S. Predator Drones Over Syria - Ted Cruz - America's Newsroom
edit on 7-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's one thing to intercept the drone, quite another to shoot it down.
I don't think either side wants a conflict, it's probably just sabre rattling.
Although Putin is nuts, it doesn't mean he wants a major conflict with the US or anyone else for that matter.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

That is a very good point. If so, then could we assume that this a JUST SHY of practical evidence that both countries have different agendas when it comes to Syria? Not the fact they intercepted, but that as you said, they didn't know.

Of course, we are all supposed to be on the same team... But in reality, Russia and the US probably have very different ideas of what to do with Syria, regardless of Assad. IMO anyways.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The situation in Syria provides an excellent opportunity for the US Military to learn as much as possible Russia's capability in action. Finding out Russia's strengths and weaknesses will be invaluable.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I'm sure the Russians have their equivalent to the predator.

If Russia wants to burn gas and platforms on shadowing drones let em waste their time and money.

We'd just track them theirs from above.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Does NATO actually think they can win a war with Russia?

Actually, they border on being that retarded ... the Ukraine crisis is a tell tale.

There is a decline in common sense as to what is possible and not possible. They gamble with life and death like its a game. One can not win in a war against Russia.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

We've already learned quit a bit through they media coverage they have given. Have you see how far off target their bombs hit in those videos they released?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'll bet they were trying to do a little SIGINT themselves. Seeing what kind of electrons they can suck up form Western UAV's.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think we should let Russia have their hand at a huge, expensive, ground war with Islamic Extremists for a second term.

Last time they did we didn't have to worry about them for 20 years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join