It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager becomes possessed when she used a Ouija board app on her smartphone

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Bahh pure BS, I have a really really REALLY cool antique board made from hardwood with gold inlay that I have messed with a thousand times, nothing ever happened. It really is just a game guys. No different than that goofy bloody mary in the mirror nonsense.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to: okrianYeah. Since there is exactly zero evidence that spirits are real…

................Zero evidence.? Perhaps in your cramped little corner of the universe. 1've seen possession
caused by playing with Ouija boards. Proof? hardly, but its evidence.

Lots of things can't be proved especially to the narrow minded, but there is LOTS of evidence for all kinds of strange things.

More likely you are hoping against hope that it isn't true. You'd # your pants if it happened to someone close to you.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
'DUHH I got possessed by the Devil in my smartphone.'

Some people do seem to have problems with technology, don't they.

Dolphins, rats, cockroaches, whoever... Come on. Your turn now, we humans are all done.

edit on 7/10/15 by Astyanax because: of human failings.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Having looked after people with mentall illness and actually having seen the wonders meds can do you are talking out of your arse.
Granted what works for one will may not work for another and it can take time to get the right meds but they do work.
Oh and no possession is not from demons but mental illness, way to go OP helping stigmatise against the mentally unwell.
I forget for some it is still 1890.
Oh and yes I have seen people act like they are possessed an even say they are....they are not btw just mentally ill.
No priest needed to help them lots of talking, meds and therapy worked for many.

edit on 7-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

As soon as you get a real education in those two fields, we can discuss it. In the meantime, you don't know what you're talking about. End of chat.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

As soon as you get a real education in those two fields, we can discuss it. In the meantime, you don't know what you're talking about. End of chat.

Right, let's get back on the subject.

Now you and others have a claim it's all bogus because you tried several things and were unsuccessful. Others claim it's all bogus because there's no real evidence. And then there are people who have tried and were successful, or at least something happened which they or others ascribe to the supernatural. I fall into the latter group myself, having some 'succes' with tarot, reiki and meditation. Which I wouldn't want to prove by any means, I just enjoy a discussion about the subject.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yeah lets help mentally unwell folk by telling them and others they are possessed by demons...

The harm people do to the mentally ill by doing this is massive.

Shame on those who help stigmatize the mentally unwell.
Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The best way to drive out demons. Convince the possessed that they are schizophrenic and there is no such thing as demon possession. Therapy is a must and meds when necessary.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Yup I agree and have seen it work and help people live a better life.
For some it appears to be 1890 still and believe BS that actually harms folk.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that if a person had BOTH a mental illness AND an intellectual or developmental disability they were/ are at times treated horribly as well.
How people were treated in the 30's

The video/article above shows things from the 1930's. Years before that things were even worse!

Some people who may have physical symptoms such as sialorrhea, delusional parasitosis, even auditory or visual hallucinations could and were at times perceived as being possessed.
When someone is having a behavioral or psychological incident, to the untrained, it can be frightening. It is frightening for both the onlooker and the one in crisis.

For some folks who are being treated, they may have a behavior support plan and/or a crisis intervention plan. Some of those techniques work well. For some others it can take a lot of tweaking of both the plans and the medications to find the right "fit". For some that tweaking can take years and is on going.
It is very sad really where we came from and how far we still have to go...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Ah bsods. I have not had one of those since Vista was doing the rounds.

edit on 7-10-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
The ouija board demon's name is ZOZO he is the one that most people communicate with. A low level demon with limited access BUT is part of a strong family in hell that supports him. I caution you in calling out his name. Over time it can lead to possession .

you did, according to you simply calling out his name is enough to get possessed eventually, or worse?.

though I am sure it is very hard to summon something that doesn't exist.
edit on 7 10 2015 by Vamana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Are you kidding me? Guns N Roses? That's a Rolling Stones song. Sympathy For The Devil. Jane's Addiction covered it, but I don't think Guns N Roses ever did.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Can a believer please explain why it is that when the letters on a ouija are turned over (so the humans can't see them) the resulting "message" is gobbledygook? After all the spirits know which letter is which without needing humans to read.......

People are so gullible at times.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

And if the demon is moving your hand, wouldn't that imply they've already possessed you?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I always show up on these threads because it's always the same thing... a rather ignorant post about Ouija boards (or some App) and possession and the sane, educated folks coming in to assuage fears and teach science... weirdly, both sides are partially "correct."

I am sympathetic to the rational souls fighting superstition and ignorance, but darnit, spirits exist... and maybe the terminology is bad, but something without a physical body and some intelligence can act upon the physical world and I think they can effect our consciousness, to differing degrees in different situations, too.

I only have proof for myself and a couple of people who experienced the weirdness with me, but that thing termed "magik" also seems to sometimes work (and at the least, PK happens) and something, currently unexplained, definitely goes bump in the night in certain geographic places... and sometimes "they" seem attached to certain people.

There is no way to convince someone this is an actuality from hearsay, but how to prove something that's not physical as we know it? I would gently suggest believing the millions of folks who've experienced those invisible beings... but caution that I doubt anyone (or any institution) really knows what's going on and science will likely figure it out long before any one religion does.

The big problem is that there is a huge pile of dogma attached to "spirits" and just because spirits exist in some manner does NOT mean any single religion is true, or that mental illness does not exist... all it means is that there are unknown, non-corporeal critters out there ... and some of them are mean... some are nice... and I'd guess the majority are indifferent, heh, but it's an actual phenomena.. .whatever that phenomena really is.

Back to my day job... heh...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
The best way to drive out demons. Convince the possessed that they are schizophrenic and there is no such thing as demon possession.

On the other hand, rather than trying to get somebody to change their entire belief system, it might work better in some cases to simply acknowledge that there could be a demon at work but convince the possessed person that you have a solid scientific way to fight it -- including drugs and therapy. If it also includes talismans and cleansing spells, so be it. That is, if the goal is to get the person to return to being a productive member of society, rather than convincing them that they're stupid.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
And if the demon is moving your hand, wouldn't that imply they've already possessed you?

The nervous system is funny, and sometimes people who are not possessed will have parts of their body suddenly jerk or otherwise go out of control. We only have partial control of our own bodies, and it wouldn't be completely out of the question that an invading entity might only have partial control, as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Can a believer please explain why it is that when the letters on a ouija are turned over (so the humans can't see them) the resulting "message" is gobbledygook? After all the spirits know which letter is which without needing humans to read.......

Where did you get that idea? If you think of demon possession as a kind of infection, like you would get from a cold virus or something, and the relationship is symbiotic, it might be that a demon would need to be able to see through the possessed eyes in order to move the plenum accurately.

People are so gullible at times.

That is certainly true.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

No just no that would be feeding and helping their delusions.
I saw a clergy man tell a mentally ill person that If he accepted Jesus he would be cured of his Bi polar and schizophrenia we had to deal with the aftermath.
Never feed delusions never.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join